Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my buddy named his fantasy team the White Welkers. As such, I was trying to think of other good, punny fantasy football crossover team names. Here's what I've got so far...

A Song of Fire and Rice
Forte Belwas
Orell's Eagles
Grand Maester Parcells
Peyton or Eli Manning the Wall
Davos Seahawks
A.J.'s Green Men
Tavarres King's Landing
Antonio's Mud Gates
Greg Littlefinger

The biggest issue I'm having is that, with a lot of these, you wouldn't get it if you didn't read the books. Stupid non-book readers. Help me think of other good ones!

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 08-13-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New cast members:

Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand ... My number 1 choice. Loved her in Rome. Hopefully she will get more play then Ellaria got in the books.

Roger Ashton-Griffiths as Mace Tyrell ... I can't say I pictured him this way, but Griffiths is a really good actor.

Joseph Gatt as Styr ... Yeah, I can see that.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
That was pure sex!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet the person who made that gets so much *****
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Daario Naharis and Gregor Clegane's roles have been re-cast.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-...rones-season-4

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-22-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see anything about Gregor in there but that wouldn't be surprising as the guy who played him before was some rando. Wonder why they recast Daario though, I thought the guy who was playing him did a good job.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s151/ga...baratheon.html

Tommen recast too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not surprising also.

They'll need a real actor in that role, not just some kid who runs around in the background.

It sounds like Season 4 won't just be second half of SoS. I think it will have some stuff from FfC and DwD also.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-22-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Meet the new Mountain:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/08/mountain-recast/

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is a Strongest Man competitor from Iceland.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-27-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished DwD. Didn't expect to finish the series so soon but I'm reading more than I thought I would be on deployment.
Sucks that I have to wait now for WoW. How did you guys do it before waitining years between books?!

I just finished reading the last 6 pages of this thread and I have to admit, at no point did I ever think Jon Snow was a Targarian. I thought in one of Aria's chapters that one of the boys she was with revealed who Jon's mother was. Stating that Jon was milk brothers with... him? Someone else he knew? I can't remember exactly right now. The kid just full of ****?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Just finished DwD. Didn't expect to finish the series so soon but I'm reading more than I thought I would be on deployment.
Sucks that I have to wait now for WoW. How did you guys do it before waitining years between books?!

I just finished reading the last 6 pages of this thread and I have to admit, at no point did I ever think Jon Snow was a Targarian. I thought in one of Aria's chapters that one of the boys she was with revealed who Jon's mother was. Stating that Jon was milk brothers with... him? Someone else he knew? I can't remember exactly right now. The kid just full of ****?

Luckily I only started reading when the show came out, so I didn't have to wait for any books (by the time I finished 4, 5 came out). Now I'm in that abyss of waiting, already read through all of them for a 2nd time.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

I didn't start reading until after watching the first 2 seasons, and just finished late winter/spring, so I've only been waiting about 6 months at most. And it sucks.

As for Jon, I never considered that he might be a Targaryen. Only until I was done reading, and then was reading online stuff to get my fix did I start considering it. Everyone assumes he's Ned's bastard because Ned brought him back and raised him amongst his own kids. "Milk brother" refers to the the lady who breast fed Jon, so anyone who used the same woman to breast feed would be Jon's "milk brother". No one we have met that is still alive knows without a doubt who Jon's mother is, and most believe Howland Reed is the only one that is still alive and truly knows.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I didn't start reading until after watching the first 2 seasons, and just finished late winter/spring, so I've only been waiting about 6 months at most. And it sucks.

As for Jon, I never considered that he might be a Targaryen. Only until I was done reading, and then was reading online stuff to get my fix did I start considering it. Everyone assumes he's Ned's bastard because Ned brought him back and raised him amongst his own kids. "Milk brother" refers to the the lady who breast fed Jon, so anyone who used the same woman to breast feed would be Jon's "milk brother". No one we have met that is still alive knows without a doubt who Jon's mother is, and most believe Howland Reed is the only one that is still alive and truly knows.
The happenings at the tower of joy have always led me to believe that Jon was a Targaryen.

Quote:
“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.
“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.
“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.
“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”
“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”
“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”
“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.
“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”
“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.
“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”
“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.
“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.
Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”[1]
Why would honorable members of the kingsguard including the Lord Commander Gerold Hightower be in Dorne at the Tower of Joy to protect Lyanna Stark...further more...why would Lyanna be laying in the bed covered in blood and still have three men guarding that? The only thing I could ever derive is that Rhaegar knew there was a high possibility that he was going to die and then left Lyanna his true love and their child whom no one knew about in the best possible protection he could give them.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, I just didn't think about it while reading. There's not really any other theory that makes as much logical sense for why the Kingsgaurd and especially the Lord Commander to be there just to protect Lyanna.

Obviously if Jon dies from the stabbing(s), then it's all moot in the overall scheme. But I still believe he's alive, otherwise the whole Night's Watch storyline loses mostly all of its relevance and is relegated to the background of Stannis.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-27-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jon dies and is revived somehow.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i'm pretty sure jon's dead because grrm.
GRRM does like to kill the ones we love...but as the books have developed Neds death served greater purpose than his life. With his death we have a war. With Jons what do we get?

Quote:
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."
then there is this dolorous edd quote

Quote:
"Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we'll be next. Likely I'll be the first too. 'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for laying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got first watch tonight.' Well, I shouldn't be so gloomy. Might be I'll die before they work it out."
Of course my theory is that the nights watch with the help of the wildlings do not have enough force to fight off the others and walkers. In turn the turmoil in the south needs to be fixed so that the real terror can be addressed. With Jon "dying" he can leave the nights watch and then take control of what he needs to take control of (the north) with the help of Stannis. Stannis has already defeated what Ironmen are in the north and has already set to siege Winterfell to expel the Boltons. Furthermore Stannis has united the Northern Mountain clans to his aid. So with the North being defeated so I predict by Stannis...or saved by Stannis....Jon can be placed to take charge of the North. Stannis offered to legitimize Jon and it is rumored that Robb possibly legitimized him and made him heir.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The title of the books might a bit of a spoiler.

Didn't Rheagar sing "The Song of Ice and Fire" that made Lyanna cry? Plus if Jon isn't their son, then what is the relevance of this relationship?

The only other possibility is the relationship between Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne. There are a lot of unanswered questions about her suicide also.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
The title of the books might a bit of a spoiler.

Didn't Rheagar sing "The Song of Ice and Fire" that made Lyanna cry? Plus if Jon isn't their son, then what is the relevance of this relationship?

The only other possibility is the relationship between Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne. There are a lot of unanswered questions about her suicide also.
Eh, all along we are led to believe the Rhaegar-Lyanna "relationship" is what led to Robert's Rebellion and the start of the Game of Thrones. So there would still be relevance, albeit less significant at this point in time of the storyline.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A storyline in the book that seems to be under the radar is the whole Victarion/Moqorro thing.

I actually think that this one can become something massive in the upcoming book.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 10-03-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A storyline in the book that seems to be under the radar is the whole Victarion/Moqorro thing.

I actually think that this one can become something massive in the upcoming book.
Agreed. I think he is probably using Victarion more like a pawn in a grander scheme, but it will be interesting to see Moqorro's story unfold once they reach Dany. Hopefully it means more dragon magic/involvement in things.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-18-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So I'm reading that Season 4 won't just be the second half of SoS, but it'll have parts from FfC and DwD.

Judging by his interviews, it seems that RR Martin thinks that he has plenty of time before the series catches up to the books, but FfC and DwD don't really have all that much stuff.

Sounds like the show-runners might need to improvise and add some extra material to stretch it out.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 02-18-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So I'm reading that Season 4 won't just be the second half of SoS, but it'll have parts from FfC and DwD.

Judging by his interviews, it seems that RR Martin thinks that he has plenty of time before the series catches up to the books, but FfC and DwD don't really have all that much stuff.

Sounds like the show-runners might need to improvise and add some extra material to stretch it out.
would make sense. Timeline wise...makes alotta sense.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New chapter:

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on imgur someone is doign some pretty fun illustrated breakdowns of the major families and histories, good reads. too lazy to link but worth googling.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Damn it's about time that happened. I was hoping that's who it was the whole time.

Now I want to go read the last book again...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver