Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2014, 11:46 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, thread bump. Really enjoyed the first episode, gave us a good re-introduction to what's going on. I'm pumped that the wedding is so early in the season.

Oberyn was awesome, and I hope once he is killed they introduce us to Dorne.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the books does Oberyn ever come out say that he knows Rhaegar cheated on his sister?

Also I sort of remember it more being "Give me the man who killed my sister", not "Give me the mountain"
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the books does Oberyn ever come out say that he knows Rhaegar cheated on his sister?

Also I sort of remember it more being "Give me the man who killed my sister", not "Give me the mountain"
I don't recall that it ever being "known" that Rhaegar cheated, but it's always been the popular theory.

But the Martells have always known it was the Mountain that killed Elia and her kids, I believe. And they believe that Tywin ordered it, but the Lannisters tried to convince Oberyn that the Mountain acted on his own and was/is just reckless and no longer allied with them.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coldhands not showing up makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

No he never mentionned that Rhaegar left his sister for another women. I'm thinking they might have add that line to introduce the TV watchers to R+L=J ? They need to mention Lyanna and Rhaegar more often if they want to watchers to care when Jon's parentage is revealed (assuming R+L=J is true).
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

One thing I've wondered is if we will ever see any flashbacks in any episodes. I don't think it has happened and I'm not sure if it would for the show, but it would be a good way to develop some of the storylines that viewers otherwise wouldn't know about (like Rhaegar and Lyanna).

Only problem is that we've already seen most of the major players that would be in those flashbacks killed off, so not sure it makes too much sense. It would be cool though to see things like the Mad King burning Brandon and Rickard, sacking of King's Landing/Jamie betraying the king, etc.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read that they actually hired an actor to play Mad King before Season 1, but never used him. So, I guess they were thinking of having a flashback.

I agree. I think some flashbacks could go a long way of developing a story, maybe they'll use them right before the answer is revealed.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of the clues in the book come from inner thoughts. It's impossible to show someone's mind in a TV show so I guess they'll have to use flashbacks at some point.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Coldhands not showing up makes me sad.
Top 3 sads that they aren't in the show.

1. Simon Silvertoung
2. Strong Belwas
3. Coldhands

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
Most of the clues in the book come from inner thoughts. It's impossible to show someone's mind in a TV show so I guess they'll have to use flashbacks at some point.
They tried to flush some stuff out about the past events in random conversations, but most viewers probably already forgot what was said.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post

1. Simon Silvertoung
2. Strong Belwas
3. Coldhands
Well, they Undying Ones have to be up there.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Simon Silvertoung
2. Strong Belwas
3. Coldhands
Moon Boy #1

actually I meant Patchface. But generally where my jesters at GOT?

Last edited by CC.SD : 04-07-2014 at 04:38 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

When Bran becomes a tree, they will be able to put flashbacks that aren't coming out of nowhere.

And yeah, I also miss Patchface on the show! They kind of merged him with Shireen.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:

1. Simon Silvertoung
2. Strong Belwas
3. Coldhands
Kind of along the lines of Strong Belwas, I enjoyed in the book how Sir Barristan first joined Dany before revealing himself. They wouldn't be able to do it in the show because everyone would recognize him, but it was a pretty big part of the Dany storyline in the book. That, and Belwas being a boss until weak mortal poison just makes him sick and doesn't actually kill him.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So, Thenns.

A bit different then the books, huh?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
So, Thenns.

A bit different then the books, huh?
Yea, they are supposed to be the best equipped wildlings and are the most like the "Southron" lords. I know they are savage fighters but I don't remember anything about them being cannibalistic savages.

Hard to envision these Thenns eventually being willing to create the new House Thenn.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeeeeeaaaah, I'm not sure Jon Snow would be willing to marry these guys to his cousin.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Simon Silvertoung
2. Strong Belwas
3. Coldhands
I'm pretty sure Coldhands is supposed to be introduced this season at some point. I'm assuming we'll meet the Greyjoy brothers this season too (was kinda disappointed about Damphair not making his appearance when Theon was "baptized").

Strong Belwas and Patchface are definitely my top two and probably the only two to this point that I can say I'm sad about being missing. I think they'll probably end up having a lot more "secondary" or "tertiary" characters not make an appearance moving forward that will make me sad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think Greyjoys' storyline will be next season.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Greyjoys' storyline will be next season.
I figure at least Balon will be dying this season to complete the red witch's leech ceremony. With Asha going after Theon, I wonder if she'll even show up to the kingsmoot (if they even have it).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

They have to, that's a huge storyline. But Asha might not be there.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would not surprise me in the least if the Iron Isles storyline is heavily heavily neutered.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yea, they are supposed to be the best equipped wildlings and are the most like the "Southron" lords. I know they are savage fighters but I don't remember anything about them being cannibalistic savages.

Hard to envision these Thenns eventually being willing to create the new House Thenn.
Correct, they are the most "civil" of the groups north of the wall in terms of laws and culture. Definitely the last group that would be cannibals.

HBO had a whole list of tribes they could have made cannibals, and they chose the Thenns. Great job, HBO.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

How about Arthur Dayne and Duncan the Tall being mentioned in this episode?

Jaime's face changed when Joffrey mentioned Sword of the Morning.

They might expose that story a bit.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-08-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about Arthur Dayne and Duncan the Tall being mentioned in this episode?

Jaime's face changed when Joffrey mentioned Sword of the Morning.

They might expose that story a bit.
I was really really happy with the mentioning of Duncan the Tall. If the TV show catches the books I hope they do the Dunk and Egg saga for a season.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote