Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What scene with the old man are you talking about?
The old man(one of the advisors) who's talking about kings to the girl, when she leaves, he pops up, walks around, stretches, seems perfectly fit, but before he leaves the room, forces himself back into his hunch-backed walk.

As far as I can recall, that was never in the book.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohh ok yeah I was a little confused by that as well. I just took it that he wants everyone to think he's an old man that has sage wisdom when in reality he's in better shape than everyone knows. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there is more to that next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I find Tyrion to be highly Unlikable until Clash Of Kings or possibly later. In the First book I think he is made to be unlikable and they are doing a rather good job in the show of slowly making him more likable. Overall the show is doing a wonderful job of making you like the characters you are supposed to like and hate the ones you are supposed to hate...
In both the book and the show, Catelyn is my most hated character. In the book she has the most painfully boring chapters. In the show she's boring and ugly. Her obsession with Bran is weird too.

Arya is by far the coolest and most likable character. I like Jon and Robb too, and Jamie now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Interesting. The Blackfish is another of those details I had forgotten.

I thought the Eyrie was grossly neglected but wasn't sure if I had some points wrong from the books b/c it's been so long. Nothing about it came across strongly as it should have, including Tyrion, Crazy Lysa and her son, and some other points. We'll see if it's better depicted in its later role.
The Eyrie chapters are a chore to read. I'm really glad they left most of it out of the show.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
In both the book and the show, Catelyn is my most hated character. In the book she has the most painfully boring chapters. In the show she's boring and ugly. Her obsession with Bran is weird too.

Arya is by far the coolest and most likable character. I like Jon and Robb too, and Jamie now that I think about it.

The Eyrie chapters are a chore to read. I'm really glad they left most of it out of the show.
My most favorite characters... well at least the ones you guys have seen in the show so far are Jon, Arya, Tyrion and Eddard.

in later books my favorite characters are

The Eyrie Chapters are a bit dull but just as important as any other chapters in getting a whole picture of whats going on.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mark out for Peter Dinklage no matter the situation... Best midget actor ever.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
jon was always my favorite character.

In that article that was posted in this thread there was another link to another article stating how a bunch of people complained to HBO because a certain favorite character had died...and they were saying they would never watch HBO again. So HBO is going to put that popular character in some flashbacks or something just to appease them... seriously people are pussies!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In that article that was posted in this thread there was another link to another article stating how a bunch of people complained to HBO because a certain favorite character had died...and they were saying they would never watch HBO again. So HBO is going to put that popular character in some flashbacks or something just to appease them... seriously people are pussies!
Its a ******* book... If they die in the books they should die in the show. Quick everyone write a letter to the author so we can bring back Eddard Stark (Whited out for spoiler).

Oh wait i have one better quick lets write all the Textbook creators then maybe we can stop the Holocaust or Lincoln's assassination.

Holy **** I lose faith in people after stuff like this... Who becomes so attached to a fictional character after 10 hours anyhow.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are plenty of flashbacks anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
There are plenty of flashbacks anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I think their were planned flashbacks from the get go but the complaints from HBO viewers will make them make more just so that the character in question will be seen more often.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know... Does anyone think it was a mistake to cast Sean Bean in that role because of what a presence he brings to the screen?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't know... Does anyone think it was a mistake to cast Sean Bean in that role because of what a presence he brings to the screen?
Nope........
Old 06-21-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, not at all. Sean Bean, no matter how little we saw/are going to see of him, was perfect casting in my mind.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. S.Bean was a perfect cast. Did such a great job.
I wish his character was currently alive but I won't complain about his casting bc of it

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think they picked a perfect Eddard with Sean Bean. I love Sean Bean In the TV series Sharpe. Which if you havnt seen you may want to check it out because it is awesome. Sean did a great job of making you love Eddard just like the book did. That is why he is perfect.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think they picked a perfect Eddard with Sean Bean. I love Sean Bean In the TV series Sharpe. Which if you havnt seen you may want to check it out because it is awesome. Sean did a great job of making you love Eddard just like the book did. That is why he is perfect.

Yeah I think it was a great casting because it gets the audience pissed off that Eddard is dead. Some people might stop watching or whatever, but alot of people will just get more emotionally involved in the show and wanting the Starks to get their revenge.

Also for the first time in the series, Sansa made me like her. Shes been such a stuck up ***** and I just hated her. But that scene where she tells Joffrey 'maybe Robb will bring her his head'...awesome.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“I will put a son in you after you bleed, which mother says is not far off”

Greatest pick up line or what?

and

Awesome. I miss Khal :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Yeah I think it was a great casting because it gets the audience pissed off that Eddard is dead. Some people might stop watching or whatever, but alot of people will just get more emotionally involved in the show and wanting the Starks to get their revenge.

Also for the first time in the series, Sansa made me like her. Shes been such a stuck up ***** and I just hated her. But that scene where she tells Joffrey 'maybe Robb will bring her his head'...awesome.
Sansa really does come off as a twat early on...but I suppose you kinda have to look at it through her eyes. She is a teenager who is a bit rebellious and wants to marry the future King. She is a naive about it all, but then again so was Ned. The Starks are not very good when it comes to playing the "Game of Thrones". Then again, no one really is.

One that I am growing fonder of in the Show, but not so much in the book is Varys. That may be because when first reading A Song of Ice and Fire he comes off as a minor character but watching the show and getting refreshed on it all he is part of it all.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposed to be a GoT marathon on HBO Friday evening for others like me that missed some early episodes. HBO may not hit with every project they undertake, but they are the only network that has consistantly been bringing something to their lineup that I actually don't want to miss.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is so ******* good, just started watching all the episodes yesterday and finished today. Sucks about Eddard (Bean was perfect for that role) but as long as Jon, Tyrion and Arya are alive I'm alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Dance with Dragons is now out!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yeah, this show's awesome. Just finished it, time to start re watching.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
So yeah, this show's awesome. Just finished it, time to start re watching.
Just finished it myself. Awesome storyline... expected a little more action.

Can't believe Jason Mamoa died like that. Forget what his name is. He was bad ass.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cgi has come a long way. and just hearing the awesome score gives me such chills.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i finished the whole first season with my brothers over 2 days. this show is ******* awesome. can't wait for season 2 with the...
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote