Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-30-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many people are going to be disappointed by Richardson after he turns pro.

Give me Lattimore, he's the real deal.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent's ceiling is higher because of his combination of size and speed. That being said...the vision and power that Lattimore brings makes him a great runner that I think has a very high floor just not as big of a ceiling as Richardson.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone expect Trent Richardson this year to outperform Mark Ingram's Heisman season??

I don't. Will he rush for 1500+??
Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just keep those 5'9" corners from delivering open field hits on Lattimore and he should be okay. He should do well in the "new NFL" proposed by Goodell. No hitting above or below the waist of players selected in 50% of fantasy leagues.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
278 total touches last season, he took an awful lot of hard hits along the way too.

I just worry that he'll be asked to carry the load a little too much (those forty carry games are worrying) and even though he'll be very successful at the college level, his body will start to fall apart not long into his NFL career.

If Garcia doesn't come back this season he'll have to carry the team even moreso, which does not sit well with me.
Garcia's officially coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Am I the only one who finds it hard to judge Lattimore's talents because of the system he plays in?

No question he's a good player, but I can't in good conscience take Lattimore over Richardson.
What system?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 'system' apparently that makes it soooo easy for a true freshman RB to pick up yards between the tackles in the SEC.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Offseason
Rookie

Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Richardson i still think would go ahead of Lattimore. Richardson has break away speed and is a better pass catcher. Lattimore is just a old fashioned bruisher.
Lattimore is a pretty impressive pass catcher out of the backfield so I don't think that I would say that Richardson is a better receiver. Lattimore is a pretty incredible talent as is Richardson, they are 1 and 1a for me. Obviously Richardson is the only one draft eligible this year though.
Mr. Offseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The 'system' apparently that makes it soooo easy for a true freshman RB to pick up yards between the tackles in the SEC.
I was actually talking more about the fact that he plays in the spread and doesn't get to see a whole lot of I formation, single back formation, etc.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was actually talking more about the fact that he plays in the spread and doesn't get to see a whole lot of I formation, single back formation, etc.
?

We watching the same team? Carolina still uses a lot of under center formations.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson's physical tools will get him drafted early. For whatever reason, it looked like Ingram had better instincts and vision compared to Richardson. I don't know much about Lattimore, other than that he's a bruiser of a running back. Lattimore won't have the same breakaway speed.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Lattimore has destroyed the off-season;

Quote:
By the end of his freshman year, the 6-foot Lattimore weighed around 217 lbs. Now, with his new training partners by his side, he has bulked up to 231 lbs. this spring, while lowering his 40-yard dash time to 4.5 seconds. He now has a 35-inch vertical jump and a broad jump of just short of 10 feet. Not only did his speed and vertical increase, but his strength did as well. Lattimore increased his back squat from 425 lbs. to 482 lbs., his 275 lb. power-clean is now 315 lbs., and his bench press is finally over 300 lbs. for the first time in his life.

Lattimore’s hard work doesn’t just stop there. He even shows up early to run stadium steps with teammates who fail to make it to their designated workout.
http://www.muscleprodigy.com/marcus-...arcl-1749.html

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Richardson's physical tools will get him drafted early. For whatever reason, it looked like Ingram had better instincts and vision compared to Richardson. I don't know much about Lattimore, other than that he's a bruiser of a running back. Lattimore won't have the same breakaway speed.
It's obvious you don't know anything about lattimore. He's definitely not a brusing "power" rb..
Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Lattimore has destroyed the off-season;

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/marcus-...arcl-1749.html
Gaining 16 pounds of muscle in a year and a half worries me. First, I have to wonder if that's natural. Second, it seems that every pro rb who bulks up ends up deciding that they are better off at their previous, lighter weight.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
?

We watching the same team? Carolina still uses a lot of under center formations.
I dont agree with that at all. They should use a lot more I because of Lattimore and they have a big offensive line, but from what I've seen its mostly shotgun spread.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Cigaro, SCAR doesnt use many under center formations at all anymore, not even in goal line. In regard to Lattimore, though...it's nothing to be concerned over. He shines after initial contact, has outstanding vision, and is just an overall terror in the open field...his balance is just unbelievable. He's as legit as they come.

And Lattimore isnt just a power back...he's extremely balanced. He can do everything and he does everything very well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
Gaining 16 pounds of muscle in a year and a half worries me. First, I have to wonder if that's natural. Second, it seems that every pro rb who bulks up ends up deciding that they are better off at their previous, lighter weight.
IMO it's no biggie for a college athlete to gain 16# from the end of his HS senior year until the beginning of his true sophomore season, but if he did it again, that would be suspicious.

Lattimore in HS looked like he never lifted a weight before. His power numbers this offseason at SC are nice, but not awe-inspiring. Just good to see he's improved physically over the offseason.

I wonder about his speed, if it's actually improved. 230# is a little too heavy except for the most rare college RBs.

I think Lattimore is at his best playing around 220-225#, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
IMO it's no biggie for a college athlete to gain 16# from the end of his HS senior year until the beginning of his true sophomore season, but if he did it again, that would be suspicious.
If Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews can do it legitimately... surely Marcus Lattimore can.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd be surpised at what kind of gains a college athlete can make naturally in their first real off-season. While jumping from a high school workout routine, to a collegiate one. It's a whole other ball game. Especially when you factor in the better eating habits and proper nutritrion many college athletes adapt at that next level. The early gains can be very substantial.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was saying earlier this year that I think Lattimore will be the best RB prospect since AD.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont agree with that at all. They should use a lot more I because of Lattimore and they have a big offensive line, but from what I've seen its mostly shotgun spread.
You're right, I went back and watched his Georgia carrys. For some reason I must have been thinking of 2009, apparently my remembrance of the games this season is a little too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
Eh. Like earlier said, this was his first college offseason, and his work ethic is unquestionably the best on the team. I'd be worried about it if this happened again next offseason, but I think its only positive this year.

As for his weight in general, I think he'll be able to carry it. He's faster than ever, and there are backs who carry that weight successfully.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-06-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews can do it legitimately... surely Marcus Lattimore can.
Except Cushing didn't do it legitimately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Except Cushing didn't do it legitimately.
and clay hasnt been caught yet...
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vs. Knile Davis of Oregon
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's funny because he didn't. And Matthews looks like a Morlock.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
It's funny because he didn't. And Matthews looks like a Morlock.

Descendency was being ironic/sarcastic.

Neither Cushing or CMIII in all probably gained all that weight at USC from drinking copious amounts of mother's milk as infants.