Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Preference: Hatchback or Sedan?
Hatchback 9 33.33%
Sedan 18 66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hatchback vs. Sedan

I'm in the market for a new car, specifically a compact car. I've narrowed my options to a few cars. But as of now, the 2012 (re-designed) Ford Focus is at the top of my list.

Now, my question is: Hatchback or Sedan? Which do you prefer and why? To be honest, I slightly prefer the stylistic design of a sedan (although the hatchback design is growing on me). Plus, the sedan is about $800 cheaper. But the cargo utility you get from a hatchback is so much better and more practical.

Here's some pictures!

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted sedan, but the top picture is looking pretty good. In general I'd go sedan, but of those two I'd take the hatchback. Cool color too.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might as well spend a few more bucks and get the Lamborghini Aventador.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expected to come here in immediately say sedan, but that particular hatchback looks better with more space.

Hatchback.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk...imho hatchback's are uuuggglllyyy. I voted sedan.

Sidenote...does this make me a hypocrite? Cuz I own an Acura Integra which I absolutely love and its technically a hatchback? lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Idk...imho hatchback's are uuuggglllyyy. I voted sedan.

Sidenote...does this make me a hypocrite? Cuz I own an Acura Integra which I absolutely love and its technically a hatchback? lol
Meh, it's shaped like a sedan so I guess not. But do you enjoy the extra trunk space you have in your car (assuming your seats fold flat)?

Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, don't buy new, it's a rip-off...driving it off the lot just depreciates it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:55 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer salooooooooons, and I voted that. But then I saw the pics, and I'd probably go hatchback. It just looks better, and the sedan version just looks...generic.

Any reason why you're leaning towards a Focus?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:53 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the hatch. It think it carries the styling to the back better than the sedan, and I think the sedan looks a little boring. Also up to 40 mpg? Thanks advertising at the bottom of the page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. The new Focus looks nice. I'd go with the hatchback. It looks better and is more useful.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not what you're looking at, but this is the first hatchback I've seen that I've actually liked...

Freaking love the new Mazda 3 hatchbacks, but it has to come with a spoiler to some degree.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Meh, it's shaped like a sedan so I guess not. But do you enjoy the extra trunk space you have in your car (assuming your seats fold flat)?
They do. I usually keep em folded so nothing interrupts my bass kicking =P

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to hate hatchbacks, but they've def. grown on me. Ummm...they're both four door, so it's all good. I think they both look pretty cool. If we were talking a two door hatch, then I'd probably go with the sedan, because they're a little more convenient...if you frequent people in the backseat, or are relatively close to having a family of your own.

I really need a new/newer car, myself. But I'm in a bit of a bind. I had $5000 saved up for a new vehicle, but with my dad losing his job, I've spent nearly all of that, on bills and what not. Kind of sucks. Now, I'm sitting at about $2000, so I would have had a good $7000 at this point. But whatever...I'll get something eventually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eww fords. Save some cash and go with like a 2005 dodge neon.Same car but better looksng and cheaper and your wallet but hard to find a 5 speed .
Old 05-30-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Eww Dodge. Focus>>>Neon...if you're going brand new...get a Fiesta. Love that little sucker.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eww Dodge. Focus>>>Neon...if you're going brand new...get a Fiesta. Love that little sucker.
Brilliance. "Don't get a Ford Focus...Get a Dodge Neon!" Albeit, the SRT-4 makes me slightly chubby. Never been a huge fan of either though, but I have heard good things about the Fiesta, and almost suggested it, but I thought it was so similar body-wise to the Focus hatch. Top Gear though actually launched it off a amphibious landing vehicle with the Royal Marines, and it was able to drive out of the ocean and onto the beach. Fords are nifty little cars. I'm having to drive a Taurus right now because my 325i is a disaster.

NIP made a great suggestion too. A buddy of mine had a Mazda 3 sedan and it's way cool. But we couldn't build an intake onto it because once we disassembled the airbox, the car wouldn't start. Not that you'll be doing that, but still...it made me so frustrated at the time.

I drove a Nissan Maxima once, and it was a blast. Also, I think the new Honda Accord coupe, in black, looks sharp for a Honda.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

the SRT-4 is pretty cool but I'm not a fan of 4-door sports cars. Even then I'd rather have a Pobe.

The Fiesta is a peppy lil simbich...pretty responsive and fun for a car that's supposed to be an econobox. And real cheap I might add....was thinking of getting one but signing a 5yr contract didnt tickle me fancy.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Dude, don't buy new, it's a rip-off...driving it off the lot just depreciates it.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. But, I've had a crummy experience with used cars, too. Cars have more mechanical and reliability issues the older it gets, and I always feel ripped off paying the mechanic to fix those issues.

Also, the 2012 Focus is redesigned. The 2011 Focus (and its predecessors) suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
Any reason why you're leaning towards a Focus?
The cars I'm looking at are the Focus, Elantra, Forte Koup, and Civic. I test drove all of them and came away most impressed with the Focus's performance on the road. Not to mention, it gets 28/38 MPG. I'm hoping to buy the car at invoice (or close to it), which would be around $19k flat. I consider that to be a good value.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Out of those the Forte Koup is beast!! The Civic is best bought used...a lil overpriced imo. The Focus isn't bad if all you need as fuel economy and 4 wheels with a motor.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Not what you're looking at, but this is the first hatchback I've seen that I've actually liked...

Freaking love the new Mazda 3 hatchbacks, but it has to come with a spoiler to some degree.
the focus is the same car.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Out of those the Forte Koup is beast!! The Civic is best bought used...a lil overpriced imo. The Focus isn't bad if all you need as fuel economy and 4 wheels with a motor.
If I can't negotiate a low enough price for the Focus, then my next option would be the Forte Koup!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Eww fords. Save some cash and go with like a 2005 dodge neon.Same car but better looksng and cheaper and your wallet but hard to find a 5 speed .
Neon's are so ******* ugly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Yeah, I'm aware of that. But, I've had a crummy experience with used cars, too. Cars have more mechanical and reliability issues the older it gets, and I always feel ripped off paying the mechanic to fix those issues.

Also, the 2012 Focus is redesigned. The 2011 Focus (and its predecessors) suck.

The cars I'm looking at are the Focus, Elantra, Forte Koup, and Civic. I test drove all of them and came away most impressed with the Focus's performance on the road. Not to mention, it gets 28/38 MPG. I'm hoping to buy the car at invoice (or close to it), which would be around $19k flat. I consider that to be a good value.
Why not add Mazda to that list, as someone mentioned? I'm pretty partial to the Mazda 3s/6s, myself. They're great cars.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-31-2011, 05:13 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with NIP. The new Mazda 3 hatchbacks are pretty pimp.

But to stay on the original topic, I'd go with the hatchback. It just looks better.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Why not add Mazda to that list, as someone mentioned? I'm pretty partial to the Mazda 3s/6s, myself. They're great cars.
I may be wrong, but as nepg mentioned, the Focus and the Mazda 3 are very similar cars because they essentially share the same chassis.

I think the picture NIP posted of the Mazda3 is sick, but keep in mind... that's the rear view. The front "smiley-face" view is a little too strange for me. I couldn't get over it! I've tried.