Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jim Tressel resigns

ESPN reporting it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow.

It was only a matter of time until it happened, but at the same time it's pretty hard to imagine Ohio State without Jim Tressel.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should have been fired when the news first broke about everything that has gone down under his watch.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being from Westmoreland County (Greensburg, few miles from Jeannette, PA) I always knew that Terrelle Pryor would have historic impact on the Buckeyes.

oops

Last edited by phlysac : 05-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone make the case about why Tressel should have resigned/been fired??

As far as I know,(still assuming there must had even more against Tressel), his only 'crime' was not reporting that he had players buying tattoos with the illegal sale of OSU team merchandise.

IMO this is kind of a minor infraction, but others are acting like Tressel's infractions were on the level of paying recruits and paying his players once they arrived at Ohio State.

I'm still shocked Tressel was forced to resign.

This IMO isn't on the level of Pete Carroll KNOWING that an agent bought a house for Reggie Bush's parents.
Same type of infraction, technically, but it's sort of like equating shoplifting a candy bar to jacking someone's car. Both are theft, but not the same degree.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weather it be resignation or a firing the end result was gonna be Tressel out
Old 05-30-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Tressel will coach again?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Can someone make the case about why Tressel should have resigned/been fired??
Reports of countless players receiving illegal benefits for quite some time, while Tressel knew it was happening. (Ex: Its been happening for years and many players benefit each year, and Tressel knows)

I'm not judging. Just stating what is being said.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The curse of Terelle Pryor...first it got RichRod and now it gets Tressell.

Nothing like ESPN starting up the Urban Meyer to OSU rumors.

Last edited by SolidGold : 05-30-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Not too may Ray Small and Mark Titus fans in Columbus.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Basically, IMO, the NCAA is going to investigate VERY closely and Tressel has been at the forefront all along. Harken back to this nugget...

Quote:
Clarett claims cash, cars among benefits

Ending six months of silence, former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett has told ESPN The Magazine in this week's edition that he "took the fall" for the school during a 2003 NCAA investigation and that he's talking now because he wants to "clear his name" with National Football League owners and general managers.

Clarett says that while he was at Ohio State in 2002 and 2003 head coach Jim Tressel, as well as certain members of his staff and boosters, provided him with improper benefits. He says he covered up Tressel's improprieties during the NCAA investigation and afterward, Ohio State "blackballed'' him from the football program.

According to Clarett, Tressel arranged loaner cars for him and Tressel's brother, Dick, found him lucrative landscaping jobs that he did not even have to show up for. He says members of Tressel's staff also introduced him to boosters who'd slip him thousands of dollars, and the better he played, the more cash he'd receive. He says boosters eventually began inviting him into their homes or would meet him out in the community.

"When you'd leave, [the booster] sets you straight," Clarett told The Magazine. "They say, 'You got any money in your pocket?' They make sure your money's straight."

Clarett also says he likely would have been ineligible for Ohio State's national title season of 2002 if the football staff had not "aligned'' him with an academic advisor whose goal was simply to keep him eligible. He says the academic advisor enrolled him in Independent Study courses and also put him with hand-picked teachers who would pass him whether he attended their classes or not. He says his advisor also introduced him to a tutor who prepared outlines and told him what to write for assignments.

Another former Ohio State player, linebacker Marco Cooper (2000-01; Spring 2002), corroborated many of Clarett's comments. Cooper, who was suspended from the team following two arrests for drug possession, says he also had bogus landscaping jobs, that a booster helped furnish his apartment, and that he was able to borrow cars from local Columbus dealerships in exchange for signed OSU memorabilia.

In a story separate from the Clarett issue, another former Ohio State player, current Maryland running back Sammy Maldonado, says he was placed in so many courses that did not put him on the road to graduation that only 17 of a possible 40 credits earned would transfer to his new school.

Ohio State officials have declined to comment on many of the allegations. School President Karen Holbrook, Jim Tressel and Dick Tressel refused to respond through spokespersons, while Athletic Director Andy Geiger said he would not answer questions until after the magazine story appeared, if then.

Maurice Clarett says he received improper benefits during his time at Ohio State.
"We went through a yearlong investigation of our academic programs, everything that [Clarett] has to allege,'' Geiger said. "He vowed to me that he would do something to try to get us and this may be what he's trying to do. So he's on his own.

"We dealt with this guy [Clarett] for 18 months. I just hope you've checked into the background and history of who you're dealing with.''

Clarett's former academic advisor and tutor also declined comment. The NCAA, which investigated Clarett for potential academic and financial irregularities in the summer of 2003, said it is against its policy to discuss the Clarett case.

Clarett, 21, who gained 1,237 yards and scored 18 touchdowns in 2002, his only collegiate season, says he was asked during the 2003 NCAA investigation whether he received a loaner car from Tressel, and, to protect the coach, he says, he answered no. He says when he was asked about other indiscretions, he answered, "I don't know" or "I don't remember," which was a violation of NCAA Rule 10.1, requiring forthright answers.

"What would have become of Ohio State if I said everything?'' Clarett told The Magazine. "Half the team would have been suspended, and it would have been worse for everybody. I was like, 'Why don't I just take it?'"

The school suspended him for the entire 2003 season, and when Clarett asked to be reinstated for 2004, he says the athletic department systematically "blackballed him" by taking away the teachers and tutors.

Clarett then tried applying for the 2004 NFL Draft, and was first ruled eligible and then ineligible, because he wasn't the requisite three years removed from high school. He says he was "depressed" by the court's ultimate decision to ban him, but is now working out in anticipation of the 2005 draft in April. He says he is hoping this winter to play in this winter's East-West Shrine game and the Senior Bowl, all-star invitationals that would be his first football games in two years.

Several pro executives say, as of now, the running back could go as low as the fourth or fifth round. Clarett contends he will change any negative perceptions at the NFL combine in February.

"I'm thinking, 'NFL GMs know college players take money,' " Clarett says. "It was nothing like I stole something. Nothing like I'm running from the law or I'm dragging a girl down the stairs. No domestic violence. No nothing. [But] I got to clear myself up now, because it's affecting the minds of the GMs."
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059
Old 05-30-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks, phylsac, your post puts everything in perspective now.

I didn't realize Tressel had a cloud of suspicion over his head for years now, it wasn't just this latest episode that forced him out of his job at Ohio State.

Like when Al Capone got busted for tax evasion, I suppose the NCAA suspected Tressel was running a dirty program for years, and Ohio State probably knew too.

Still think he was a good coach on Saturdays, but it takes more than that to keep a job at a school like OSU.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad JT resigned.

However, I think this sets back the regulation of CFB a whole bunch. Why?

Because OSU self reported all of this stuff. The Tat5 would have come out in an FBI investigation eventually. But the rest of it wouldn't have if OSU wanted to sit on it. Instead, they reported it.

There is going to be a whole bunch of stuff uncovered because of cooperation with regulators.

Now, if they had not revealed anything, like so many schools, there would have been suspensions of five players and that's it.

The lesson learned is do not cooperate with the NCAA. They have no legal powers to force an investigation.

What is the value of a system that lets the guilty and quiet get off more lightly than the guilty that cooperate and share their information?

And please do not take this as an OSU homer thing. I think JT needed to be gone (fired or resigned). He was dirty and got caught. His actions have given OSU a black eye and that is no one's faults but his and the rest of the OSU football community's.

I'm just saying that if you were running an NCAA AD, it would be smart to be as opaque as possible. Block as much info as possible. Odds are in your favor that your punishment will be far less severe due to lack of evidence.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'm glad JT resigned.

However, I think this sets back the regulation of CFB a whole bunch. Why?

Because OSU self reported all of this stuff. The Tat5 would have come out in an FBI investigation eventually. But the rest of it wouldn't have if OSU wanted to sit on it. Instead, they reported it.

There is going to be a whole bunch of stuff uncovered because of cooperation with regulators.

Now, if they had not revealed anything, like so many schools, there would have been suspensions of five players and that's it.

The lesson learned is do not cooperate with the NCAA. They have no legal powers to force an investigation.

What is the value of a system that lets the guilty and quiet get off more lightly than the guilty that cooperate and share their information?

And please do not take this as an OSU homer thing. I think JT needed to be gone (fired or resigned). He was dirty and got caught. His actions have given OSU a black eye and that is no one's faults but his and the rest of the OSU football community's.

I'm just saying that if you were running an NCAA AD, it would be smart to be as opaque as possible. Block as much info as possible. Odds are in your favor that your punishment will be far less severe due to lack of evidence.
The problem with that is that the NCAA can just use their blanket punishment policy of "lack of institutional control"

They used it against USC. There was nothing proven, other than a conversation that the RB coach had on the phone with the agent who allegedly bought the house. That was their major piece of evidence.

For OSU, they have an actual paper trail and yes, cooperation. But it also shows that they played an entire season with players who should have been ineligible.

The NCAA will come down on them as hard as they did USC, if not harder because of actual evidence. They seem to be on a tear to set examples. The only problem the NCAA will have is when the colleges start to fight back.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Tressel got caught with his pants down...I wonder what this means for Pryor, Daniel Herron, DeVier Posey, Mike Adams and Solomon Thomas. How will OSU fans treat these players now, especially Pryor who has not lived up the hype and now played a huge part in Tressel resigning?

Also, it should be interesting to see how this effects their NFL Draft stock as well.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Tressel got caught with his pants down...I wonder what this means for Pryor, Daniel Herron, DeVier Posey, Mike Adams and Solomon Thomas. How will OSU fans treat these players now, especially Pryor who has not lived up the hype and now played a huge part in Tressel resigning?

Also, it should be interesting to see how this effects their NFL Draft stock as well.
That is a really good point about the fans. The psychos are going to be even more neanderthal like than normal.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchod View Post

The NCAA will come down on them as hard as they did USC, if not harder because of actual evidence. They seem to be on a tear to set examples. The only problem the NCAA will have is when the colleges start to fight back.
Yes, the coming down hard on OSU is going to tell people to not comply at all. None of the JT stuff would have come out had they sat on it.

Like I've said before, I think that there will be a movement in major CFB to ditch the NCAA. Following Olympic style rules of professionalism will eventually be the result, regardless of whether major CFB sticks with the NCAA or not.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, the coming down hard on OSU is going to tell people to not comply at all. None of the JT stuff would have come out had they sat on it.

Like I've said before, I think that there will be a movement in major CFB to ditch the NCAA. Following Olympic style rules of professionalism will eventually be the result, regardless of whether major CFB sticks with the NCAA or not.
CFB alone can't ditch the NCAA. It would have to come from College Presidents agreeing to abandon the entire organization as a regulator for college athletics. That's simply not going to happen; contrary to what you might think, administrative elites are quite happy with the NCAA.

I think it's far more likely that they come to some common agreement for increased stipends for revenue generating sports teams.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is ********, way to go Gene Smith and Gordon Gee by doing this now so that instead of hiring a new coach we have to wait until December so that our recruiting class will be **** and a bunch of our current players will leave since they have no ******* idea who they will be playing for beyond the 2011 season. way to go AD, if Gene Smith is still running the department in January 2012 then it is complete ********.

Tressel was a class man and coach and taught his players how to be men not just football players. find one person who ever knew tressel say one bad thing about the man ever, it just isn't out there. can't say the same about nick saban, les miles, urban meyer, or countless other coaches out there. Tressel tried to protect his players and made a mistake, so let's have the NCAA have a full on investigation and what'd ya know, the boosters are giving kids money and people are getting deals on cars and tattoos which is something that doesn't go on at any other university except Ohio State. Auburn is clean, Alabama and LSU are clean. The NCAA is a joke and the only reason they forced out Tressel today is because a big big booster cut the school off this week, so the board of trustees took action. The scumbags in all of this weren't the men coaching football.

/rant.

carry on.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
CFB alone can't ditch the NCAA. It would have to come from College Presidents agreeing to abandon the entire organization as a regulator for college athletics. That's simply not going to happen; contrary to what you might think, administrative elites are quite happy with the NCAA.

I think it's far more likely that they come to some common agreement for increased stipends for revenue generating sports teams.
They might not be happy with it if it interferes with their bottom line. And it is right now.

Like I said, there will be a push towards formal professionalism, and I think it's Olympic style. We'll see how it stands in 10 years.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad day to be a Buckeye fan :(

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tressel was a good coach. he'll be out of football only as long as he wants to be. if he uses this as a learning experience, he'll be even better for it. its unfortunate that boosters and other problems within the program cost him his job. it was bound to happen, eventually. you can't know about these issues and just ignore them and expect to keep moving along. the NCAA is view it as lying to them because he signed the paper before last season stating that he knew of no ineligible players when in fact he knew that Pryor and Co were in fact ineligible.

like i said, he's a good coach and he'll land on his feet.

who are the main targets for OSU, in this early stage? (knowing they aren't hiring until after the season)
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

ESPN is pushing the Urban Meyer to OSU story really hard
Old 05-30-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They might not be happy with it if it interferes with their bottom line. And it is right now.
No it's not. The NCAA is a shield for athletic departments to loophole all kinds of labor regulations and avoid governmental scrutiny.

If they wanted to make a move towards professionalization they would have to do it with all sports (hello Title XIV). You could count the schools capable of doing that on your feet.

The NCAA being deligitimized is about as likely as a return to the gold standard, the moon landing being fake, and 9-11 as an inside job. It's just another conspiracy theory that people like to bander about.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
The scumbags in all of this weren't the men coaching football.

/rant.

carry on.
Sure Tressel resigning was the right thing to do, but how the **** was Tressel nto a scumbag in this. He let corruption run rampant in his program
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote