Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
It looks like he has Nissan 350z, Dodge Charger and Challenger, GMC Denali, and at one time he used a Corvette at least according to this article(which shows him next to 3 of the 5 cars). It also says he was ticketed in an unspecified model also. So it could be 6 cars.
Even funnier than that is the funny little fact that he was driving illegally because his license was suspended.

Again, normal laws don't apply to guys like Pryor though.

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- The NCAA is interested in Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor's cars. The state of Ohio says he shouldn't be driving one.

Pryor was seen driving a sports car to a team meeting on Monday hours after coach Jim Tressel's forced resignation, even though his Ohio driving privileges have been suspended.

Pryor's driving privileges have been suspended for 90 days

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1O4H1iuPx
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Why wouldn't Pryor deserve his fair share of the blame?
He is not in charge.

Also, he is doing what any American would do, take a job making a lot of money (or cars) for doing less (or nothing).

The blind-deaf-mute guy knew Pryor was getting paid. Actually, many players before and after Pryor have gotten paid and flaunt their cars just as much as Pryor.

Tressel/Smith are either liars or very-stupid. Your choice, it's one or the other.

Tressel/Smith chose to ignore Pryor paid-outs, and I can't blame them. Other coaches also chose to ignore their players payouts and they did not get in trouble. However this time is different, and some heads has to roll, and as always you should blame the guys at the top of the chain and not the guys at the bottom.... however it's human nature to make the lowest guy on the totem poll the goat.

Also, College Football makes millions, and Tressel himself makes millions. How can a guy that make millions in the same system be considered "a good christian man" but yet another guy in the same system, who only gets free tattoos and a car be considered a bigger criminal?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if Fickell does a good job this season they give him the job for sure. Young guy who they were grooming to be the head coach in a few years when Tressel was gonna retire who is a great recruiter and very enthusiastic. It might be hard considering he will probably have a true freshman starting QB this year, but the defense will be so good that he might win enough games to keep the job. I would be surprised if Fickell doesn't end up keeping the job.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i think if Fickell does a good job this season they give him the job for sure. Young guy who they were grooming to be the head coach in a few years when Tressel was gonna retire who is a great recruiter and very enthusiastic. It might be hard considering he will probably have a true freshman starting QB this year, but the defense will be so good that he might win enough games to keep the job. I would be surprised if Fickell doesn't end up keeping the job.
Don't forget USC got 10 scholarships per year removed. That could happen to tOSU.

They might get 0 scholarships (like SMU), though I'd put the odds on that at 1/100,000.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
He is not in charge.

Also, he is doing what any American would do, take a job making a lot of money (or cars) for doing less (or nothing).

The blind-deaf-mute guy knew Pryor was getting paid. Actually, many players before and after Pryor have gotten paid and flaunt their cars just as much as Pryor.

Tressel/Smith are either liars or very-stupid. Your choice, it's one or the other.

Tressel/Smith chose to ignore Pryor paid-outs, and I can't blame them. Other coaches also chose to ignore their players payouts and they did not get in trouble. However this time is different, and some heads has to roll, and as always you should blame the guys at the top of the chain and not the guys at the bottom.... however it's human nature to make the lowest guy on the totem poll the goat.

Also, College Football makes millions, and Tressel himself makes millions. How can a guy that make millions in the same system be considered "a good christian man" but yet another guy in the same system, who only gets free tattoos and a car be considered a bigger criminal?
Pryor broke the rules too is all I'm saying, it doesn't matter if he is in charge or not. He was one of the biggest names in college football. You can do things the right way or the wrong way, he chose the wrong way. He is guilty as well. Tressel got what he deserved so I hope Pryor does too. Its a pretty clear distinction. Do you think these players just take all the cars, money, drugs etc and believe they are doing the right thing? that they are following the rules? People like you who argue for the players are enablers. These players think they are untouchable so its time some of them got sent packing too. You have to be ignorant to think otherwise.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People like you who argue for the players are enablers.
I agree with most of what you wrote until there. Terrelle Pryor could care less about a guy on an internet forum. We're at the very bottom of the "enabler" chain-of-command so to speak. People that know violations are being made yet go out of their way to protect said player (Tressel as an example) are enablers.

I agree that the players think they are untouchable. They should be punished. But to claim Pryor is the problem would be an oversight. Unless you're fine with saying, the problem is Ray Isaac. The problem is Maurice Clarett. The problem is Terrelle Pryor. There's a constant involved.

Last edited by phlysac : 06-01-2011 at 09:06 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I agree with most of what you wrote until there. Terrelle Pryor could care less about a guy on an internet forum. We're at the very bottom of the "enabler" chain-of-command so to speak. People that know violations are being made yet go out of their way to protect said player (Tressel as an example) are enablers.

I agree that the players think they are untouchable. They should be punished. But to claim Pryor is the problem would be an oversight. Unless you're fine with saying, the problem is Ray Isaac. The problem is Maurice Clarett. The problem is Terrelle Pryor. There's a constant involved.
Enabler might not have been the right word. The whole college system is corrupt from the NCAA to the College and University presidents to the coaches to the boosters and the players. Each group is guilty to some extent. I guess Pryor is the straw that broke the camels back. In any case each individual are responsible for their decisions.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree Tressel was in the wrong but do you or do you not agree that Pryor is wrong too? Im just trying to hammer home the fact the players have to take some of the blame. Pryor was the biggest recruit Tressel pulled and is now the target of his own investigations. Pryor along with all the other players knew what they were doing.
Yes, it is partially Pryor fault but most of the blame goes to "Father" Tressel. Maurice Clarrett said he was getting some sort of benefits from Ohio State boosters.

Last edited by Complex : 06-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Pryor broke the rules too is all I'm saying, it doesn't matter if he is in charge or not. He was one of the biggest names in college football. You can do things the right way or the wrong way, he chose the wrong way. He is guilty as well. Tressel got what he deserved so I hope Pryor does too. Its a pretty clear distinction. Do you think these players just take all the cars, money, drugs etc and believe they are doing the right thing? that they are following the rules? People like you who argue for the players are enablers. These players think they are untouchable so its time some of them got sent packing too. You have to be ignorant to think otherwise.

Pryor chose the only way. If someone offered you a car and extra money to do your job, but told you they had to do it under the table, because it was not a tax deductible item, would you do it? I would in a hearbeat! and I think most will follow suite.

College Football is not the Pure Santa Claus institution that we think it is. If you do just a little diggin, you will find it to be a dirty business, and it really has no choice but to be. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin. It's Tressel's job to win, and in order to win he needs good players, and to get good players you have to do some under the table wheelin and deelin. The incentive and rewards that comes with cheating are so huge, that you have no choice but to take your chances.

Think about it, OSU as a program makes probably over $100 Million a year. They must do whatever it takes to keep this machine going. The coach get's about $3.5 million, and the players get ZERO. Since college football is a "not for profit" institution, the rest of the "expenses" must go to necessity such as hot tubs filled with KFC gravy.

You could say Pryor is getting paid, he's getting an education that is worth about $30,000 a year. You multiply 30,000 by 100 players and you are looking at $3,000,000 a year. $3,000,000 investment get get $100,000,000!!! Who would not make that investment of $3 million investment knowing you will get a return of $100 million? Besides, we know it does not cost the University $30,000 per student, that is just the fee they charge us poor schmucks who can't run a 4.2 Forty.

I don't blame colleges for making a buck, however I think they should stop with the charades that the only reason they have football is to give the poor inner-city kid a chance at an education and they are there for them.

Don't think I am for Colleges paying players either, but I do believe players should have certain rights that we all have:
1) a player should get whatever money the sponsors and boosters are willing to pay him.
2) he should be able to change college whenever he wants (like all the other students)
3) Be able to seek employment while in college (like Brooke Shields did). which includes sponsorships to make him millions.
4) Be able to seek counsel (aka have an agent)

Lastly lets not make out the coaches and AD's to be Angels looking out for these poor kids. The truth is far from that, for the most part, they are using these kids to make a bigger buck.

It's even hard for me to accept sometimes that these are not the noble student athletes that I grew up believing they were, and how the Universities are Noble institutions that created football to give these poor inner city kids a chance at a college education... It sucks finding out that Santa Clause is not real.

Last edited by EricCartmann : 06-02-2011 at 02:29 AM.
EricCartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahahaha:

"I have raised my son right," Jason Klein stressed Thursday evening. "Storm has no tattoos on his body whatsoever. He doesn't have a drug problem, and multiple tests prove that. I have every single bit of his Ohio State memorabilia in my possession."

"I will be meeting with attorneys shortly to pursue action against the NCAA and Sports Illustrated," he continued. "That's all I have to say at this time."

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1076671.html
Old 06-03-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

i know they've made a million of these, but as far as hitler getting pissed videos go this one ain't bad :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HWubSaqB9U
Old 06-03-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a post on theozone (OSU board).

Quote:
Dohrmann's sources in summary:

1) A former YSU president who denies giving a quote
2) Ray Issac, who denies doing an interview
3) A former OSU assistant who may just have an axe to grind after his "retirement" in 2004
4) Two convicts, one anonymous

And, after Storm Klein has been shown to have no tattoos and in possession of all of his gear, we are left to believe that Rife paid cash for a 3rd string Freshman's autograph?

Me thinks SI and Dohrmann jumped the shark!
Weak SAUCE.

I hope the Klein's sue the ever loving hell out of Dohrmann and SI.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
From a post on theozone (OSU board).

Weak SAUCE.

I hope the Klein's sue the ever loving hell out of Dohrmann and SI.
No way the Klein's would win in that lawsuit.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
No way the Klein's would win in that lawsuit.
What is it, as IANAL?

Libel has to be false, malicious, and defamatory, right?

Quote:
How to prove libel

There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth. Usually specifically referred to as "proving malice".[17]
I think that this hit piece qualifies. It was meant to get people fired and in trouble. It was sure as hell malicious. And it was definitely false in his case. These kids are borderline in the public. The case would probably have merit in a civil court. In all likelihood, it would be settled out of court.

And now John Simon's been libeled as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read the article. Dohrmann doesn't say Klein traded/sold his things for good. His source did and Dohrmann posed that as such. That isn't libel.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

this is what the article says:

"he witnessed nine other active players swap memorabilia or give autographs for tattoos or money. Those players were..." and he names Storm Klein in there.

journalism these days is basically you can say anything you want without sources or proof simply b/c it's the internet and weblog age where everybody and anybody has the ability to get something out there into public view.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

some more vindication from Youngstown News (link to the article was broken, but this is the article):

By JOE SCALZO

scalzo@vindy.com

YOUNGSTOWN

The father of Ohio State defensive lineman John Simon said Sports Illustrated’s claim that his son traded memorabilia for tattoos is “completely bogus” and feels the magazine is on a “witch hunt” when it comes to the Buckeyes’ football program.

John Simon Sr., whose son is a Cardinal Mooney graduate and will be a junior at Ohio State this fall, said his son has just two tattoos — one on each arm — and that both came from Squirrelly’s Skin Art Inc. in Hubbard.

In this week’s magazine, two SI reporters cited an unnamed source claiming that 15 active members of the team, including Simon, swapped autographs or memorabilia for tattoos at a Columbus tattoo parlor called Fine Line Ink.

“He’s never been in this place or anywhere near this place,” said Simon Sr., whose son is not yet allowed to discuss the article due to an ongoing NCAA investigation. “That’s 100 percent bogus.

“The only thing they got right is the spelling of John’s name.”

Simon Sr. said he can’t speak for the other players mentioned — Ohio State has admitted that six of them, including Warren Harding High graduate Dan Herron, did trade memorabilia for autographs — but said that one of the other nine players mentioned doesn’t even have a tattoo.

“Their source is apparently an unnamed source who hung around the tattoo parlor,” Simon said. “They’re basically putting families and these boys through hell to put a story out that’s bogus.”

Simon said his son often speaks to charities and church groups and is worried the article will taint his reputation.

“He’s like, ‘Dad, these kids are going to think I’m a liar,’” Simon said. “It feels like a witch hunt.

“John’s friends sometimes kid him that he’s sometimes too straight and narrow but he loves what he’s doing so much, he’s not going to mess around.”

Simon said his son has every piece of memorabilia he’s ever received from Ohio State.

“It’s just a bad thing,” he said. “He’s proud to play at Ohio State and proud to be from Youngstown.

“It just seems like these guys wrote something bad about a kid with no reference to anything and then got away with it and went on his merry way.”
Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

....also it's been reported on the radio in Columbus that half of the players accussed in the SI article have already been cleared by the NCAA.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

Quote:
....also it's been reported on the radio in Columbus that half of the players accussed in the SI article have already been cleared by the NCAA.
How much did it cost them? Does the NCAA charge a flat rate to clear you?
Old 06-04-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this will stay a relatively minor deal as long as ranks stay closed just like USC. The NCAA doesn't want to hurt their cash cows so they won't press into things deeper. A couple years of scholarship pain, miss a bowl game or two and things will be done with as long as they are more discreet about things int he future.

Heck, after nap time is over, you may come out of this with Urban Meyer who is well known for the tight ship he runs....
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
this is what the article says:

"he witnessed nine other active players swap memorabilia or give autographs for tattoos or money. Those players were..." and he names Storm Klein in there.

journalism these days is basically you can say anything you want without sources or proof simply b/c it's the internet and weblog age where everybody and anybody has the ability to get something out there into public view.
See who the "he" was. It isn't Dohrmann.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
See who the "he" was. It isn't Dohrmann.
well i was just posting the snippet from the article. idc if he can sue him or not. it isn't fair that the guy can get his reputation tainted b/c some crackpot source gave false information that was/is easily disproven. they might not be able to act against Dorhmann but they should be able to get Ellis into some kinda trouble for what he told them.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And I highly doubt Dohrmann would give up Ellis, so it is all moot.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It saddens me that a Miami fan can justifiably post that pic.

Granted, Miami was on a whole other level in the 80s and 90s, but it still hurts a bit.