Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-12-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It just struck me that JPP didn't even have a training camp to improve his technique. Which makes his sick season even that much more impressive.

As long as he doesn't get complacent, the sky is the limit for JPP. Hopefully health and hunger stays with him, bc if it does, he's going to be a very special player.
It really is scary how high his ceiling is. If we get the SI Super Bowl magazine, they have an article about JPP. It mentions his insane career in Junior college. His first JUCO year he had 14 sacks in 12 games, then the next year he had a game where he was taken off the field in a stretcher, got an MRI, then a doctor's note clearing him to play. He came back, made 2 sacks, then broke 2 fingers and still got 1 more sack.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

I would love for us to draft a RT in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft, someone like Jon Martin, Mike Adams, or even Mitch Schwartz in the 3rd (if we're lucky). I have faith in Beatty as our LT, but K-Mack is just about done with us, his run blocking used to be his forte and now he's barely surviving out there.

If we miss out on Adams or Martin, one of the 2 beastly TE's like Allen or Fleener wouldnt be bad either. Maybe we'll get lucky and have a huge talent at CB like Dre Kirkpatrick fall to us and have our guys get him grounded a little bit

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Saw this mock the other day that had us ending up with the following:
1st: Vontaze Burficit LB ASU
2nd: Kelechi Osemele OT/G ISU
3rd: Michael Egnew TE Mizzou
4th: Chris Polk RB Wash
5th: Cliff Harris CB Ore
6th: AJ Jenkins WR Ill
7th: Travian Robertson DT South Car

That would make me so happy.
That would be amazing. Taze is becoming the guy I really hope to see fall to our pick now that Adams, Martin and Glenn are all but guaranteed to be gone by our pick. Osemele in round two is a dream come true. I think he's a top 40 prospect who could go as high as round one if he does great in interviews and convinces some team he'll be a fast learner, cause the raw talent is there and he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.

Quote:
It just struck me that JPP didn't even have a training camp to improve his technique. Which makes his sick season even that much more impressive.

As long as he doesn't get complacent, the sky is the limit for JPP. Hopefully health and hunger stays with him, bc if it does, he's going to be a very special player.
The kid really could end up the best pass rusher in team history if he keeps that work ethic and mentality he has.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you think about it, corner might be a bigger need than linebacker, and this is me being legit with all of you.

Its safe to say that we like the nickel package, and I am all for that, but that requires DBs. Thomas will not be 100%, not saying its impossible, but its not likely. I believe that Prince will be at least a viable starter, but Ross shouldn't be resigned. He plays flat footed, lets the WR eat up the cushion and get on him almost every play, and he doesn't have the speed to play like this. He is not mentally or technically a good DB.

This is why I believe that if Jenkins or Kirkpatrick are on the board, we take them over any other position of need. If we trade Osi we will probably have the fire power to trade up and land Burfict.

Regarding our OL, I do like Petrus and he deserves a chance, Beatty wasn't good. I don't know why everyone suddenly feels like he should be starting again. RT was probably his best position, I agree but we need a running game and he is pretty terrible in that facet of the game.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of keeping the strengths of our team strong. I know we have some weaknesses at OL and LB but I'd liketo keep WR, DE, and DB strong with lots of depth. I'm almost 90% positive I want to go in that direction in this draft depending on what we do in FA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That would be amazing. Taze is becoming the guy I really hope to see fall to our pick now that Adams, Martin and Glenn are all but guaranteed to be gone by our pick. Osemele in round two is a dream come true. I think he's a top 40 prospect who could go as high as round one if he does great in interviews and convinces some team he'll be a fast learner, cause the raw talent is there and he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.

The kid really could end up the best pass rusher in team history if he keeps that work ethic and mentality he has.
He's not going to be better than Lawrence Taylor...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want Burficit despite the rumors hes out of shape. Maybe he falls into round 2? I say we go all boom or bust picks this draft. We just won the SB, we're playing with house money :)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I still want Burficit despite the rumors hes out of shape. Maybe he falls into round 2? I say we go all boom or bust picks this draft. We just won the SB, we're playing with house money :)
Boom or Bust picks are fine when the player has the right attitude like JPP. It seems like Burfict is the opposite of that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Boom or Bust picks are fine when the player has the right attitude like JPP. It seems like Burfict is the opposite of that.
Agreed. I don't mind boom or bust picks so as long as the have the attitude and work ethic that will give them a greater chance to succeed.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are going to draft a WR I want Juron Criner. I saw mocks having him go in the 4th round... He's going to be a major steal at that point. He dominated people one on one in the Senior Bowl practices.

Other prospects I have huge crushes on that the Giants might be interested in are:

-Peter Konz
-Cordy Glenn
-Vontaze Burfict
-Whitney(?) Mercillus

I also want us to draft a RB, but not in the first three rounds. We can find someone in rounds 4-7. Heck, both Bradshaw and Jacobs were drafted in the later rounds (round 7 and 4 respectively).

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all things are pointing to Burfict being there in the mid second, which is where I feel Osi's value will net us in a draft that is relatively weak, especially at passrusher.

What are your opinions on Jonathan Massoquoi?

1. Dre Kirkpatrick/Janoris Jenkins
The more and more I think about this happening, the more I like it. Both are physical players who played in the SEC, battled top receivers whether it was in practice or on the field, and have played on SPECIAL TEAMS. That is very important for a rookie, they will be involved and gain that confidence. Jenkins is also a returner.

2*.Vontaze Burfict
Yes he was benched, yes he acts like a child sometimes on the field. But watching some of his games he had cheap shots taken on him, was provoked, and from other readings he is a calm person off the field and not into drugs or alcohol. I am all for being crazy on the field, I dont see any character concerns personally.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 02-16-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Players I am starting to covet hard

These are players that just wow me physically, and I would keep a hard eye on
  1. Zach Brown
  2. Zach Brown
  3. Zach Brown
  4. Lamar Miller
  5. George Iloka
  6. Jerel Worthy
  7. Brian Quick
  8. Tommy Streeter
  9. Joe Adams
  10. Trumaine Johnson
  11. Travis Lewis

Kirkpatrick or Jenkins would be awesome too. A huge BPA value. I don't think they will be there when we pick, but f yeah if there are there. The same holds true for Baron.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess you like Zach Brown?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Mayock trying to outsmart himself?

I can understand leaving Burfict out of his top ten LBs. Vazte's 2012 production has been poor. Mayock doesn't like guys who follow up strong seasons with weak ones-we are looking at you Coples-so I understand. Burfict is a draft dork's kind of guy-which we all are.

What I don't under is why in the world is Sean Spence in the top five. Even more gauling is that Zach Brown isn't on the list. How did Zach Brown get demoted in favor of a guy who is shorter, lighter, and slower than Brown. I don't understand it. Maybe he is trying to pull those shennanigans he pulled with Eric Berry and Earl Thomas. Both excellent prospects, but we all know-and even he knew-Berry was better but just got cute with his evaluations.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Zach Brown. But so far from what I've seen, he can't shed blocks.

He'll be a second round pick. And to be fair to Mayock, Earl Thomas is probably the best FS in the game right now.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mayock is making me hate him with his non love for Sanu.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's losing some luster. His love for Glaine Gabbert really hurt him in my eyes.

But for the most part, he's still money. He's definitely the best guy on TV fwiw.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
He's losing some luster. His love for Glaine Gabbert really hurt him in my eyes.

But for the most part, he's still money. He's definitely the best guy on TV fwiw.
I agree with him completely, he called Chris Houston and Brandon Flowers being bust and a boom. I like his evaluation on DB's alot, I don't pay as much attention at any other position.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard evaluating talent. After all, BBD, you are dealing with humans not set products. I still like Mike M. I think he is still good at what he does. Garrett Sr. taught me and went over a lot of what goes on for scouting, and it really is a hard field. That's when you go around the room and talk it out regarding a prospect, things can get heated because of the varying opinions on a person.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It's hard evaluating talent. After all, BBD, you are dealing with humans not set products. I still like Mike M. I think he is still good at what he does. Garrett Sr. taught me and went over a lot of what goes on for scouting, and it really is a hard field. That's when you go around the room and talk it out regarding a prospect, things can get heated because of the varying opinions on a person.
I know. To be fair, these scouts have access to information that we don't have access too, which makes it easier for them. I consider myself a good evaluator of talent when I have the right access to their information. But I won't pretend to be an expert bc I'm just an armchair scout who really doesn't watch much college football to begin with.

I'll DVR a game here and there, and scout the guys in that game. I just don't have time to really get that into it. It's not like I get paid to do it so I don't put too much effort into it.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I just try to pick things up when I watch college game during the season. I never pretended to be a scout myself but when I watch certain things tend to stick out at me that maybe others who casually watch don't notice. To be able to come here and talk about everything like this is the fun part though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah speculating is half the fun. It's the offseason, it's what we do. None of us would be here if we didn't love the draft. I love the draft.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Default I like Mayock no love Mayock

I love his process. He never pops off without doing his hw. I have heard him refuse to making evaluations without seeing the kids tape. Sometimes he tries to "spice things up", which tends to take you by surprise. I still can't believe Sean Spence is ranked higher than Zach Brown. But whatever. I'll take Mayock over Mel Kiper, Jr. and Mel Kiper III (McShays).

Can't wait for the combine! I love seeing the DB workouts. Prime and Mayock end up talking about the prospects' technique like wine enthusiasts. As a former college DB, its pretty much porn. It also hammers the point home on how poorly I was coached....then I feel sad.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

let's not forget giants fans, Reese drafts 100% value, the top rated guy on their board will be the pick. That said i'd love one of these 1st round hopeful interior O-Lineman. I'd take one of those stanford O-Lineman or cordy glenn all day long.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
let's not forget giants fans, Reese drafts 100% value, the top rated guy on their board will be the pick. That said i'd love one of these 1st round hopeful interior O-Lineman. I'd take one of those stanford O-Lineman or cordy glenn all day long.
I really dislike people saying this. There is very rarely a GM that drafts sheerly on value. Reese drafts for need, but its not always an immediate need and its not always in the order that the media and other people think we should. Ross, Phillips, Nicks, JPP, and Prince were all need picks. Ross because obviously Sam Madison and RW McQuarters were old as hell, Webster wasn't living up to his potential. Phillips because we blew at safety for awhile, Shaun Williams, Butler, He who shall not be named, Gibril wilson leaving in FA, and Michael Johnson was our only apt safety. Nicks because Toomer and Plax were gone and we only had steve smith and mario manningham who hadnt really done much. JPP was need because we like to rotate passrushers, kiwi plays some LB, and because of Osi's contract disputes. Prince was need because this year thomas and ross are FA's.

So now looking at it, we aren't just drafting for need, we are drafting for need in a year or two sometimes because then we don't have to rush a rookie into a starting role. This is good because it allows for the rookie to become acclimated to being an NFL player before being leaned on as an NFL starter.

Edit:

Oh and I want David Wilson or Lamar Miller asap. Receiving threat + speed please

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 02-19-2012 at 01:42 AM.