Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When does the combine start? I'm very interested in Sanu's 40. I think he's going to be a solid 4.5. Unless he drops 10 lbs for the combine, in that case he can be a 4.4 guy.
I think he runs on Sunday but the combine is from today until next Tuesday. I think he at worst does a 4.5 but can definitely do better than that. Also, I've mentioned this before and now that article did also but teams are going to fall in love with him during the interview process. Unless we trade up I don't even think he'll be a realistic option for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
<===3
Rookie

<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We all know you're the sex of the Giants fans here.
Somebody mentioned sex?
<===3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <===3 View Post
Somebody mentioned sex?
we still need that giant orgy...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone interested in any of the DEs available in this draft? I haven't checked out the pass rushers yet.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone interested in any of the DEs available in this draft? I haven't checked out the pass rushers yet.
I dont really like Mercilus despite him being the only real appealing passrusher. Part of me wants to like Massoquoi but I wouldn't take him until the mid 3rd, i feel like it would be a reach with our 2nd.

Bequette in the 3rd as well, seems like a high motor guy. Paige-Moss, theres potential there, but he really isn't that great of a prospect when you turn on film. He is very on and off, and there is no telling when he will come out of his funk.

With the way things are going, Taze is dropping, Miller could be dropping unless he runs very well, and Kirkpatrick and Jenkins as well. I do feel like Dontrari Poe would be a great selection for us, especially because it would get Canty and Joseph off the field more, and Austin is just coming back off injury.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would definitely like to add another pass rushing DT to our rotation. A penetrator type. I think there's a lot of value to be had with undersized pass rushing DTs in round 3 in recent drafts. You had Geno in the 4th (<3), Nevis in the 3rd last year.

That's the type of DT I'm looking for. A quick penetrator.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would definitely like to add another pass rushing DT to our rotation. A penetrator type. I think there's a lot of value to be had with undersized pass rushing DTs in round 3 in recent drafts. You had Geno in the 4th (<3), Nevis in the 3rd last year.

That's the type of DT I'm looking for. A quick penetrator.
I think that's what they want Marvin Austin to be.

Also, I haven't really seen any DE's that impress me this year but maybe someone will come out of no where.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think that's what they want Marvin Austin to be.

Also, I haven't really seen any DE's that impress me this year but maybe someone will come out of no where.
I'm iffy on Austin. Was never really a fan of that pick. And if he does pan out, we still could use another guy in there. You want 4 quality DTs in your rotation, and I don't see us bringing Bernard back so right now we have 3 (assuming Austin plays well or stays healthy).
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

A 4th DT isn't very hard to find and the way we use our DE's at DT I don't think it's that big a deal. We might re-sign Kennedy to the vet minimum if he liked it here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
A 4th DT isn't very hard to find and the way we use our DE's at DT I don't think it's that big a deal. We might re-sign Kennedy to the vet minimum if he liked it here.
A 3rd/4th rounder can't hurt. Would be cheap, plus gives us a guy to develop behind Canty who's contract will be up in a couple of years. Depth for injuries is never a bad thing.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
A 3rd/4th rounder can't hurt. Would be cheap, plus gives us a guy to develop behind Canty who's contract will be up in a couple of years. Depth for injuries is never a bad thing.
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind a DT if there's good value but I also wouldn't care less if we skipped it altogether. I pretty much feel that way for most positions right now but DT is really at the bottom of the list for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Honestly, we can lay a complete egg in this draft and I still probably wouldn't care.

Picking at 32 makes up for all of it.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Honestly, we can lay a complete egg in this draft and I still probably wouldn't care.

Picking at 32 makes up for all of it.
My thoughts exactly. It's going to be great though when Reese finds another stud. Hopefully we won't have a Phillips situation though where we get a great player at 32 but then his upside is curtailed because of a random degenerative knee issue. That might be to specific of a situation though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think we should start looking into Brockers. The guy is a freak athlete at DT, and it never hurts to add another athlete into our rotation. He's raw obviously, but we have the luxury of developing a raw athlete on the dline. I haven't scouted him yet, so as long as he has a good motor on him, I wouldn't mind taking a looksie if he's there at 32.

Corey Glenn is another guy I'm eyeing. Could be a McKenzie replacement at RT if he's there at 32. Great athlete, he's got great size, long arms, can move very well for a big man. With Snee getting older, at worst Glenn can be his future replacement at RG.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like Glenn, but I doubt he falls. A fast rise, IMO, to be a replacement at RT is Bobby Massie from Ole Miss. I'm a big fan of his

And I'd be disappointed if we spent anything higher than a 4th or 5th on a DT unless someone REALLY falls. With 2 2nd rounders (young might I add) in Joseph and Austin and the highly paid Canty, we dont' need to invest anymore high talent there. We've got a set of 3 good and talented guys. A Bernard or Kennedy as the 4th is perfectly fine IMO, we have much much bigger areas of concern
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You're assuming that Austin is going to pan out though. I have my reservations about him. That's what's holding me back right now.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He looked decent in the preseason games but it was crappy we didn't get to see more out of Austin

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He did look good. His college tape worries me though. Took too many plays off and got pancaked way too much. Even in the PS, he didn't show me the strength I wanted to see. He has potential, so hopefully he realizes it.

I just didn't like the little I saw of him in college.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like Jake Bequette and Chandler Jones. Haven't really payed attention to them either since I didn't think we would need one

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're assuming that Austin is going to pan out though. I have my reservations about him. That's what's holding me back right now.
but you can't give up on a kid who's essentially going into his rookie year. He had a year to study the playbook and be in a winning, NFL atmosphere. let's just see what happens.
fill the other holes. If Austin doesn't pan out, we look DT next draft.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not digging this TE class. Allen looks ok, Fleener is probably my favorite, but nobody is wowing me.

I like my TEs to be long limbed, tall, and fast enough to beat linebackers. Fast enough to beat LBs, long enough to body up on safeties. I think Fleener seems to be the only guy who fits that profile. He's tall, he's got long arms, but we don't know that 40 time yet.

He could add 10 lbs of muscle too, he needs to work on that core strength. But so far, Fleener is the only TE I like.

This is a very mediocre TE class. Athletically, below average. Production wise, still below average. It's just not a good TE class.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

it isn't which sucks. so it's interesting to see where we go with TE.
and WR if Mario leaves.

we have a VERY interesting offseason ahead of us. so so so many directions we could go in
Quote:
Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm thinking the smart move is to go out and get a mid level FA to fill in at TE until Ballard can get healthy. This TE class isn't worth the investment right now.

Like GF mentioned before, I think Visante makes great sense. Nice cheap 2 year deal to hold the fort and we'll go out and look for TEs next year.

I'd like to keep Ross too, but I doubt we can afford to. What sucks is Ross would come back as our #3, which is essentially our slot CB. The problem is, Ross is SO much better as an outside CB. His 2 best seasons were this past year, and his rookie year. In both those seasons, we asked him to defend on the outside against #2 WRs. That's his best role, and he's very good in that role.

Ask him to defend a 1, or a slot guy, and he's mediocre. And as a 3rd CB, he's pretty much a slot guy. Which isn't worth the investment. So it'll be interesting to see what we do there. I like Ross. He had a very underrated season for us this year. But his role will change next year, and it won't be the role he thrives in.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well the only sure thing we've got right now is Webster (which is a BIG sure thing obviously) and I guess Prince.

TT is a FA and he and Bruce are coming off ACL surgery.
Ross is a FA and inconsistent and not a slot guy.
We used Rolle more in the slot than anything this past year because we never really had one. Prince is better on the outside as well. So we could look for a mid-round guy who's quick and can be in the slot (like that kid from Va Tech who's name escapes me atm).

Shiancoe wouldn't be bad...but only cheap. If we could get him cheap, have him and Bear hold down the fort til Ballard comes back than I'm ok with that, that way we can focus the draft on WR (if mario walks) and OL. maybe RB too, but I think we may actually keep Jacobs and TC seems high on Scott
Quote:
Old 02-25-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like the CB from Texas A&M, Coryell Judie as a potential slot guy. I like the Utah St. RB, Robert Turbin as well as a later round guy.

It sounds like Reese is set on taking BPA throughout the draft regardless of position, based on his interview on NFLN. Which is the right move.