Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm definitely going to try to catch some practices. I'm excited about it being in Jersey for that reason.

What I don't like is there will be a billion people there, which could cause a distraction for the players. But for me individually, I'm excited.
We should hang out man when things get up and going again. It would be cool to check out camp.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
We should hang out man when things get up and going again. It would be cool to check out camp.
Cool. I'm gonna see if I can take any time off from work to catch some of these practices. I'll let you know.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Beatty will be fine. He was in the mix and arguably the front runner for the LT spot until he got hurt and couldn't really make that lost time, you also have to remember we got off to a good start last year, so it is not always easy to change what works. He was also playing RT and TE later in the year, not LT where he had worked in the preseason.

I actually don't want to see us moving him around. Just leave him at LT and let him develop. We have good coaches and Beatty has the talent and the attitude, he just needs to bring it all together. If he can he will be a stud LT.

I see this as being similar to Webster before his breakout season, a lot of questions were asked, but when it finally came together it transformed the unit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Beatty as out LT on opening day.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Beatty and Koets prove capable of starting this year, we are in great shape along the oline.

The only concern I have with Koets is his ACL. Beatty has a lot to work on.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we got a quality MLB, could Goff play WLB? (at least on running downs)

I am just thinking because Kawika Mitchell was an ILB before we brought him here to play WLB and which he continued to play in Fewell's system at Buffalo with some success.

Goff has decent speed, range, athleticism and instincts.

If he could, then Boley and Sintim could split time at SLB.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 07-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

No way. Goff is a pure MIKE, he doesn't have the speed and hips to play WILL.

Kawika lost weight to play WILL for Fewell, and played OLB in the past as well. Goff has always been a MIKE.

Maybe Goff can play SAM, but no way can he play WILL.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that we're only going to play 2 LB's most of the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think that depends on whether we bring Grant back or not. If we don't, we probably don't use the 3 safety set as much as we did last year.

In that 3 safety set now that I think about it, Goff pretty much played SAM anyway, bc Grant covered the deep middle. So I guess in that sense, yes, Goff can play SAM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that depends on whether we bring Grant back or not. If we don't, we probably don't use the 3 safety set as much as we did last year.

In that 3 safety set now that I think about it, Goff pretty much played SAM anyway, bc Grant covered the deep middle. So I guess in that sense, yes, Goff can play SAM.
If we don't re-sign Grant I could see us throwing Sash in that role quickly. Also with the depth we have at CB I wouldn't be shocked if we use one of them most of the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If we don't re-sign Grant I could see us throwing Sash in that role quickly. Also with the depth we have at CB I wouldn't be shocked if we use one of them most of the time.
Does Sash have the athleticism to pull it off though?

Honestly, I want us to bring Bulluck back this year. I think we should use him at WILL full time and Boley at SAM. And just ditch the 3 safety set.

Isn't it sad that Bulluck led the LB core with 2 INTs when he barely saw the field? I think he still has another year left in the tank, and he'd be cheap. I think we should bring him back.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I'm pretty sure Sash is an athletic guy. I remember when we drafted him thinking he's probably the replacement for Grant.

I'm for Bulluck coming back. He'd be cheap and he's a good vet to have. I also son't ever remember him on the field last year in a bad spot. I also don't remember him making any huge plays but that's not a suprise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The only problem with bringing Bulluck back is he said he won't come back as a situational player. He wants to start.

So if we do go with the 3 safety base again, I doubt we'll see Bulluck back. He'll probably go to Detroit.

I want him back though.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I think Tyler Sash (like Chad Jones last year) is a good fit for a Grant style of role.

I do like the idea of Goff and Sintim splitting time at SLB with Boley at WLB.

I do think we need a stud MLB, Tulloch would be the ideal fit. I just think we could go with a good option like Poslunzsy or Ruud.

I wouldn't mind a FA 2nd tier guy to compete with Boley (like Howard), but not sure it will happen.

Like a few here I think Boley may be more of the problem than Goff was last year, he just didn't make enough plays in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I watched a little bit of Manti Teo on Saturday.

I don't know if he's the answer. I like the guy, he's fundamentally sound, he takes good angles, he tackles well, he makes plays.

But he's just not a world beater athlete. I think we need an athlete, that's what's missing in our LB core. Teo isn't an athlete.

I know people are saying 1st round with him, but right now I view him as a 2nd round grade. Good solid player, but unless an ILB possesses elite athleticism, I don't see them as 1st round players.

He reminds me of Mason Foster. A guy who does everything well, nothing great. Foster went in the 3rd. You can't tell me that Teo is that much better than Foster that he is worth a 1st round pick.

To be fair, I need to see more. But right now, I have him pegged as a 2nd round talent.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have a real bad season, and go something like 6-10 or 5-11 (that's what i think our floor is), we should pick in the no. 6-10 range. In that case I want us to go WR-LB in the first two rounds.

Dream scenarios would be to get Burfict-Sanu in rounds one and two. An emotional leader on defense, and another reliable player at WR. Or maybe Alshon Jeffery-Travis Lewis?
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Burfict would be amazing. I saw some games of his last year but haven't been able to catch any this year. He is my pick and the way things are going, we should be able to grab him. The only thing is we would have to fight the temptation of grabbing a stud wr. I like Burfict in the first and Toon in the second. He seems to getting second round grades, but he has looked pretty damn good in every game I have seen. He was the main target in last year's Rose Bowl, and he played pretty damn good. Toon has a big body and runs crisps routes.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Haven't seen Burfict yet this year. There's no way Sanu falls to the 2nd round. I'd be shocked if he does.

If he does, he won't go passed 4 spots in the 2nd round.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haven't seen Burfict yet this year. There's no way Sanu falls to the 2nd round. I'd be shocked if he does.

With the way this season is shaping up, that will probably be right around our pick, or at least within the range of trading up for him :P
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is a very deep WR class, I could see Sanu going anywhere from late round 1 to mid round 2. Jeffery is a top 10 guy, Blackmon is round 1 but may drop due to character concerns(look at Dez Bryant). Broyles, Floyd and Fuller are all considered to be on or above Sanu's level. I know this board is high on Sanu, but he is not a round 1 talent just yet, by the end of the year I think he most likely will be, but having the talent to go round 1 doesn't mean you will.

Right now if we pick top 15 I want Burfict-Sanu or Fuller
or
Jeffery-Zach Brown

Either way I want a combo of an athletic LB and a WR.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So far, this is my list of needs heading into next year:

Defense

MIKE
SAM
CB

Offense
WR
TE
Possibly RB (i want a rb who can be a legit threat in the passing game)

RB can be had in middle rounds. I'm putting a high premium on WR, TE, and both LB positions.

This is all subject to change of course. If we have a new coaching staff, who knows what happens. We could go to the 3-4 and that would completely cluster F our front 7 and open up a whole new set of needs.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree with everything. Those are by far the biggest needs right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If you think about it, it's not a very big list of needs either. We can probably get 1 or 2 in free agency, and that leaves 5 for draft day. I'll take that.

Realistically, we'll address 3 of these positions with quality players. The other 3 needs will just have to wait, which is fine, it's almost impossible to have a complete team with no holes.

I think we have to address LB, WR, and TE in the first 3 rounds. In no particular order of course, the board will dictate the order, but we should address those 3 right away.

And get a RB who can catch dammit. Consistently catch. I want a guy who I know is catching the ball when Eli dumps it off. I'm tired of waiting for my RB to run and take 2 steps with the ball in his hands before I can exhale knowing he caught it.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If you think about it, it's not a very big list of needs either. We can probably get 1 or 2 in free agency, and that leaves 5 for draft day. I'll take that.

Realistically, we'll address 3 of these positions with quality players. The other 3 needs will just have to wait, which is fine, it's almost impossible to have a complete team with no holes.

I think we have to address LB, WR, and TE in the first 3 rounds. In no particular order of course, the board will dictate the order, but we should address those 3 right away.

And get a RB who can catch dammit. Consistently catch. I want a guy who I know is catching the ball when Eli dumps it off. I'm tired of waiting for my RB to run and take 2 steps with the ball in his hands before I can exhale knowing he caught it.
Well the troubling thing is that our "needs" list has been small the last 2 or 3 years but yet we haven't put it together on the field as well as we hoped since Plax shot himself.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well the troubling thing is that our "needs" list has been small the last 2 or 3 years but yet we haven't put it together on the field as well as we hoped since Plax shot himself.
Yeah, that's also largely bc I think we've been guilty of overrating some of young developing talent. Now a lot of these guys are in years 3 or 4, and we know what they are. Plus bad luck with injuries.

One thing is for sure, we're set on the dline, and our oline will be fine. So we're set at qb, and both lines. So that alone makes us competitive moving forward.

The back 7 on defense and skill positions on offense (minus Nicks) can be overhauled though and I wouldn't bat an eye. Depends on if we get a new staff and if they want to start fresh.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, that's also largely bc I think we've been guilty of overrating some of young developing talent. Now a lot of these guys are in years 3 or 4, and we know what they are. Plus bad luck with injuries.

One thing is for sure, we're set on the dline, and our oline will be fine. So we're set at qb, and both lines. So that alone makes us competitive moving forward.

The back 7 on defense and skill positions on offense (minus Nicks) can be overhauled though and I wouldn't bat an eye. Depends on if we get a new staff and if they want to start fresh.
Say we go 6-10 or 7-9 this year and fire Coughlin? Would you look back at Coughlin's tenure as successful because we won the SB or would it be dissapointing knowing we could have a better run considering the talent we had? I know the SB makes it auotmatically a good tenure but a part of me feels like we really could have done even more in the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher