Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-22-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Say we go 6-10 or 7-9 this year and fire Coughlin? Would you look back at Coughlin's tenure as successful because we won the SB or would it be dissapointing knowing we could have a better run considering the talent we had? I know the SB makes it auotmatically a good tenure but a part of me feels like we really could have done even more in the playoffs.
We had the talent with him to win more than 1. Not to mention all of the 1st round playoff exits

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Say we go 6-10 or 7-9 this year and fire Coughlin? Would you look back at Coughlin's tenure as successful because we won the SB or would it be dissapointing knowing we could have a better run considering the talent we had? I know the SB makes it auotmatically a good tenure but a part of me feels like we really could have done even more in the playoffs.
It's hard to say. Afterall, we did win a SB. Did we underachieve most of the time under him? I'd say yes. But at the same time, all those other years outside of 08, were we a SB caliber team?

I'd say no. So we got a SB, but another HC may have gotten 2 SBs and more playoffs wins, but how do we know that for sure?

Overall, I'd say the Coughlin era was a success bc you can't take away a SB from anybody. But I did expect more, I feel that Coughlin has held our offense (and Eli in particular) back with his dinasaur ways on offense, and his inability to find consistentcy on defense has been his demise. If you think about it, the only truly successful years we had under him were when we had Spags at DC.

But still, a SB is a SB. And the team plays hard for him. But I do feel that it's time for a change.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now this is my dream draft:
1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
*Trade Osi if he keeps up this attitude for a 2nd and 6th*
2a. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
2b. Devon Still, DT, Penn St
3. Colby Fleener, TE, Stanford
4. Best OL left
5. DE
6a. CB or LB
6b. CB or LB
7. Our usual 7th round BPA

Old 10-08-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's hard to say. Afterall, we did win a SB. Did we underachieve most of the time under him? I'd say yes. But at the same time, all those other years outside of 08, were we a SB caliber team?

I'd say no. So we got a SB, but another HC may have gotten 2 SBs and more playoffs wins, but how do we know that for sure?

Overall, I'd say the Coughlin era was a success bc you can't take away a SB from anybody. But I did expect more, I feel that Coughlin has held our offense (and Eli in particular) back with his dinasaur ways on offense, and his inability to find consistentcy on defense has been his demise. If you think about it, the only truly successful years we had under him were when we had Spags at DC.

But still, a SB is a SB. And the team plays hard for him. But I do feel that it's time for a change.

Well maybe he gets to 2 SBs if Plax doesn't go all ghetto and bring a gat to a club. I think his choices for coordinator have held him back. But overall, I am happy with him. I liked him as a HC and think he did very well here. Even the media, NY media, likes him. They are not trying to oust him like they were before the superbowl.

Tuna and Bill B can be mean and arrogant to the media because they won superbowls. Coughlin was like that without the superbowl win, and the media hated that. Now he won, and he makes jokes to the media, and they seem to like him. No matter what he does when he comes back to NY here is a hero.

It's not that we just won a superbowl but how we won it and against who. That's what makes him a special coach to Giants fans.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm Sanu and Kuechly would make me jizz multiple times.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch Fleener tonight BBD!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll try to make it to a sportsbar tonight. I may catch myself just staring at Luck the whole game tho.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'll try to make it to a sportsbar tonight. I may catch myself just staring at Luck the whole game tho.
Well it's on ABC or ESPN if you wanted to stay at home. I stare at Luck also but that's what led me to Fleener.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Fleener is faster than I thought. The Gronk comparison seems spot on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I like this te. He seems like a good fit for us.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I like this te. He seems like a good fit for us.
Talking about Fleener?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Talking about Fleener?
Yeah. Id like to see him put on 10 lbs though. I don't think he'll be there in round 3. Seems like a solid 2nd rounder. Reminds me of Zach Miller.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. Id like to see him put on 10 lbs though. I don't think he'll be there in round 3. Seems like a solid 2nd rounder. Reminds me of Zach Miller.
I knew you'd like him which is why I was pumping up this week. He's a perfect fit for us. I asked Shane about him earlier and he has a 2nd round grade on him but I'd be fine with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I knew you'd like him which is why I was pumping up this week. He's a perfect fit for us. I asked Shane about him earlier and he has a 2nd round grade on him but I'd be fine with that.
Yeah, I definitely like him. The question is, will he be worth a 2nd rounder with other guys on the board. It depends really on what our needs shape up to be come draft day and who's on the board.

If we need a WR and a better WR is on the board, then I rather go that route. We'll see how our WR situation shapes up. If we can't re-sign Smith or just choose not to, plus Barden shows he's a dud, I think WR becomes an absolute need.

I don't want us re-signing Mario. I think he'll cost too much and won't be worth the contract he'll look for. Not in our system at least. He's a good but replaceable player.

If Blackmon falls in the 1st round, we have to take him. Can you imagine Blackmon and Nicks on the outside? Beast. There are a lot of good WRs this year. I love Blackmon, like Floyd, love Sanu obviously as well. There could be some depth at LB too.

This draft should be deep in the positions that we need the most. So let's cross our fingers and hope we get our guys.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If Blackmon is on the board when we pick then that's absolutely a choice we have to make. It always depends who is on the board of course.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

This draft has so many guys that I like that could be there in the first 2 rounds that it will be pretty hard for us to have a draft I dislike.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I agree. There's a lot of guys I like in this draft. I didn't like last year's draft at all, it was the leftovers from the amazing 2010 draft, but this year is a nice bounceback year for talent in the draft.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Yea there are plenty of LBs I would be happy with:
1. Kuechly
2. Burfict
3. Brown
4. Te'o
5. David
6. Cole
7. Kendricks
8. Spence
9. Bradham
10. Gallipo
11. Lewis
12. Tate
13. Carder
14. Acho
15. N. Williams

And I'm sure I missed a few. Plenty of WRs
1. Blackmon
2. Floyd
3. Sanu
4. Toon
5. Criner
6. Childs
7. Wright
8. Fuller

Also plenty of TEs
1. Allen
2. Fleener
3. Egnew
4. Charles
5. Stoneburner

A solid DT class as well
1. Werthy
2. Thompson
3. Crick
4. Harris
5. Still
6. Martin
7. Randall

Not to mention this is also a deep CB class. Reese must be drooling.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'd trade Eli and our 1st for Andrew Luck. Does that make me crazy?
Old 10-30-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd trade Eli and our 1st for Andrew Luck. Does that make me crazy?
Yes. Yes it would.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Osi for 2nd rounder

1. Vontaze Burfict LB
__An absolute tank, he is actually pretty quick and has good instincts, a bit of a headcase (i.e. stupid penalties, taking plays off) but he looks really special.

2. Mohamed Sanu WR
__Pick compensation for Osi, hope he is there, Hixon is as good as gone, Clayton should be cut, Devin Thomas has been disappointing, and Manningham will need to be resigned. Sanu reminds me a lot of Dwayne Bowe, plays big and has freakish athleticism.

2. Donte Paige-Moss DE
__Giants do what they do and transform athletic freaks into legitimate football players. DL rotation will continue to be scary and gain youth.

3. Jeff Demps RB
__Fast, quick, agile, homerun hitter. Something the giants dont have right now. He's small but averaging 7 ypc in the SEC gives you reassurance that he is battle tested.

4. Omar Bolden CB
__was originally a highly touted recruit, isn't as highly regarded now but has been tested often in the PAC 10, and has been doing pretty well as of late.

5. David Paulson TE
great hands, remember noticing him last year.

6 & 7. Jerry Reese's magic picks

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sanu won't be around in the 2nd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Alshon Jeffrey
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Michael Floyd

There are 3 WR's that are most likely going ahead of him, Toon and Fuller are both around Sanu but i don't feel like they are on his level. Still, WR's tend to slip and it is really not that far out of question to think that Sanu wont be there early in the 2nd. I don't think we'll see a surprise in the 40 time, probably around a 4.5ish.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
1. Alshon Jeffrey
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Michael Floyd

There are 3 WR's that are most likely going ahead of him, Toon and Fuller are both around Sanu but i don't feel like they are on his level. Still, WR's tend to slip and it is really not that far out of question to think that Sanu wont be there early in the 2nd. I don't think we'll see a surprise in the 40 time, probably around a 4.5ish.
I expect late first round for sure. Teams are going to fall in love with him and he's going to be a riser.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have watched absolutely no college football so far this year, so can one of you guys who's watched a lot of the top LBs give me some updates on that top crew of Kuechly, Burflict, Teo'o and whoever else is playing their way into the discussion this year? Muchas graz

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote