Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
literally nothing in these reports make him better than sanu. and again, i hate to use this, but zak and I saw more of sanu than anyone here has seen of the 2 combined. sanu is a god damn baller and mark my (our) words, he's going to be awesome. when's the last prospect Zak and I jocked that WASNT good? Oh. Brian Leonard? 5 years ago? us getting excited about the savior of our program. Yeah, that's about it. Sorry bouts that. we know enough and know our rutgers.

Randle could be good, we'll see. I have a bad gut feeling about him and have ever since before the draft. this is know "him vs sanu" thing, i made it clear i didn't want him before the draft. He could prove me wrong, we'll see. but that also has nothing to do with sanu.
It's obvious to me that we are drafting athletes. Randle is more of an athlete than Sanu, that is pretty clear.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Love the Hosley pick, meh on the Wilson pick, and hate the Randle pick. Let's kill today!!!
I like Wilson a lot as a prospect. I just don't like taking a first round RB and passing on a bunch of OL to do it. Bradshaw, Wilson and Scott isn't so much better than Bradshaw, Scott and Turbin would've been, especially if we could've significantly upgraded our OL with Glenn or Adams. Hopefully this is the year for William Beatty to finally prove that there was a reason I liked him so much as a prospect.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
really came along as a junior with his overall field awareness and ability to diagnose coverages to find his spots in zones."
That's something I am looking forward to seeing. Hopefully he can get our system and the sight adjustments and can be even more productive than Mario was.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I like Wilson a lot as a prospect. I just don't like taking a first round RB and passing on a bunch of OL to do it. Bradshaw, Wilson and Scott isn't so much better than Bradshaw, Scott and Turbin would've been, especially if we could've significantly upgraded our OL with Glenn or Adams. Hopefully this is the year for William Beatty to finally prove that there was a reason I liked him so much as a prospect.
What if your not really passing them? What if the RB is actually graded higher than the OL? Then, in reality you're not passing any of them. We stuck to our draft board like we did with JPP, and Prince.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far Hosely is my favorite pick. I think we got something there.

I understand we're upset for passing on Sanu and Massie, but let's be real for a second. 1, Massie is obviously overrated by us. Plenty of teams have taken OTs in the past 3 rounds and all of them passed on this guy. I'm not saying Massie won't be a good player, but obviously his value isn't what we thought it was.

We passed on Glenn bc of character issues, so I understand that decision.

Now passing on Hill...I'm not over that. That's the guy I wanted. I think we made a mistake there.

As far as Sanu goes, look, I love Sanu. I loved him since his freshman season. But when you take the homer shades off, and you evaluate it from an unbiased point of view, Randle is clearly the better player. He just is.

I said this before, go watch him play vs Florida. He destroyed them. The one game where his qb didn't look god awful, he destroyed Florida's defense. Florida's defense. That's not a scrub defense. At all.

I had Randle rated very high. Obviously scouts didn't feel the same way which is why he fell in the draft, but I like the pick.

I still hate that we passed on Hill though. I have a feeling we're going to regret that one.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

RR according to our people is more NFL ready. I will take that over a raw talent like Hill. Hill not only has to get adjusted to a regular NFL system, but if we got him has to get adjusted to our complex system. I liked Hill, but we stuck with our board.

I learned that if you stick to your board and can stay disciplined and do that good things can happen more often. That's one HUGE aspect which I respect our FO. Even if I might disagree with the pick, the fact they followed the board makes it fine by me. They do a heck of a job doing that. Plus our scouts are veteran guys, so I feel comfortable knowing that.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
RR according to our people is more NFL ready. I will take that over a raw talent like Hill. Hill not only has to get adjusted to a regular NFL system, but if we got him has to get adjusted to our complex system. I liked Hill, but we stuck with our board.

I learned that if you stick to your board and can stay disciplined and do that good things can happen more often. That's one HUGE aspect which I respect our FO. Even if I might disagree with the pick, the fact they followed the board makes it fine by me. They do a heck of a job doing that. Plus our scouts are veteran guys, so I feel comfortable knowing that.
I know Randle is more NFL ready. I just liked Stephen Hill a lot, I felt that 3 years from now, you're getting a better player, and I always look at it from the perspective of who's going to be the better long term player.

We're the type of organization that we have the luxury of developing our talent slowly bc we're so deep. So I like grabbing athletes bc of that.

I'm a size/speed guy. I like athletes.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know Randle is more NFL ready. I just liked Stephen Hill a lot, I felt that 3 years from now, you're getting a better player, and I always look at it from the perspective of who's going to be the better long term player.

We're the type of organization that we have the luxury of developing our talent slowly bc we're so deep. So I like grabbing athletes bc of that.

I'm a size/speed guy. I like athletes.
I liked his attributes but coming into the NFL and working in our specific system worried me. Well we don't know if he will or would be better long term in our system. He very well could or may not get our system. Amazing skills but if he is running left instead of going right, then it would be a waste.

I don't mind athletes but when it comes to that position of WR I am very picky. I want the smarter NFL ready type comes like a Steve Smith or like this guy accordingly to Ross, Coughlin and Reese.

So that's why I could see Wilson being ahead of Hill.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's obvious to me that we are drafting athletes. Randle is more of an athlete than Sanu, that is pretty clear.
How do you figure that? Randle has already been described as a better football player than athlete.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How do you figure that? Randle has already been described as a better football player than athlete.
The highlight reel I saw he looked pretty quick. I thought you said he was the number 1 recruit out of HS? You don't become that without being a big time athlete.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massie is gone now, but Crick, Washington and Sanders are all still there. I want Zebrie Sanders

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Massie is gone now, but Crick, Washington and Sanders are all still there. I want Zebrie Sanders
How are you feeling now '17? Any better or still angry?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Sounds like Massie has conditioning/effort/loveofthegame issues. Guess that's why we didn't draft him. Doesn't fit the Giants mold.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The highlight reel I saw he looked pretty quick. I thought you said he was the number 1 recruit out of HS? You don't become that without being a big time athlete.
He was but all his timed numbers now are all similar to Sanu.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Sounds like Massie has conditioning/effort/loveofthegame issues. Guess that's why we didn't draft him. Doesn't fit the Giants mold.
Yup and if that's the case I'm fine with passing on him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
makes sense. didn't know that. i'm ok with passing on him then

also, i dont want cam johnson here...so we're going to pick him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehhhhhhhhh. i'm ok with this pick. i guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I like this pick a lot. I'm a size/speed guy. Pope do what Pope do.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very meh on this pick. Hope we get Sanders with that 2nd 4th rounder

Old 04-28-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Mike M loves it! Freak athlete and praised Coach Pope greatest TE coach in the history of the NFL. Can turn flab of clay into granite it would be Coach Pope.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How are you feeling now '17? Any better or still angry?
I honestly think this may be Reese's worst draft yet, I mean his other ones have been so good that this one is up against great competition, but I am questioning these picks. I love Randle, love Hosley as a player, but not sure he fits, meh on Wilson and don't know much about this TE.

In Reese We Trust

Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Mike M loves it! Freak athlete and praised Coach Pope greatest TE coach in the history of the NFL. Can turn flab of clay into granite it would be Coach Pope.
This makes me feel a lot better, I love Pope and what he has done and if this kid really is a freak athlete, I am excited!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I actually like this draft. Obvious we stuck to our board, but it so happened we are filling up the offensive jar. We got a freak TE and Pope can work with him. We also have an explosive RB, and a good WR at the spot.

Even the CB is a ballhawk CB who can play special teams. So I really like this draft.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I really like this pick. Give Pope a raw TE like this and he'll develop him. We're gaining steam as we go on here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Ladarius Green on the board?