Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to really love this draft besides the one pick. We've never really gone out and attacked so many raw players that we're going to try and develop. I'm also more than meh on he Wilson pick. I think he's going to eat up tons of yardage on passes which should really help this offense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Maaaaan let it go!
I'm trying. This was Scotty and I last night though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We needed that checkdown RB who can get 8 yards on a checkdown pass.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We needed that checkdown RB who can get 8 yards on a checkdown pass.
Yeah it should really add another dimension. I mean look at what we tried to do with Jacobs and Bradshaw in that role and now we'll have someone who is much better at and better at accelerating after the catch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah it should really add another dimension. I mean look at what we tried to do with Jacobs and Bradshaw in that role and now we'll have someone who is much better at and better at accelerating after the catch.
We haven't had that since Tiki Barber. Hopefully this guy can be that guy, but not a douchebag.

I think he has underrated balance and toughness too.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Any names we should look out for in rounds 6 and 7?

We pretty much hit all our needs with picks, except MIKE. We're set in the secondary, dline, OLB, OL, RB, WR, QB, maybe we go after a MIKE or pass rushing DT?

I wouldn't mind them going after a special teamer now. We need to get more explosive on special teams.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any names we should look out for in rounds 6 and 7?

We pretty much hit all our needs with picks, except MIKE. We're set in the secondary, dline, OLB, OL, RB, WR, QB, maybe we go after a MIKE or pass rushing DT?

I wouldn't mind them going after a special teamer now. We need to get more explosive on special teams.
I was hoping Tank Carder would fall since I like him a lot as a leader and MIKE project to compete with Herzy.

Audie Cole is still there and would be a very nice 6th round pick, love his size and value at this point. Matt Conrath is a project DE with good size(6'8, 290), and Markus Kuhn is another guy to look at in the 7th along with Conrath.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think all bets are off now. Who knows where we go 6 and 7.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think all bets are off now. Who knows where we go 6 and 7.
Yea I think trying to predict the pick is dumb now, but nothing wrong with throwing names around to say who you'd like

Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Yea I think trying to predict the pick is dumb now, but nothing wrong with throwing names around to say who you'd like
I liked Tank a ton also. I wish we went there but I think the coaching staff really like the LB's we have now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We haven't had that since Tiki Barber. Hopefully this guy can be that guy, but not a douchebag.

I think he has underrated balance and toughness too.
I like the trio of Bradshaw, Wilson and Scott. I really, really Scott and show something. Imagine the explosiveness now if Wilson and Scott raise their game?! I will be focusing on that position and TE position this camp.

I am so glad Jacobs is not on the team anymore. I hope Wilson and Scott, especially Scott can develop and impact us!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Mosely can long snap.

Good to know we have a backup long snapper on the roster in case DeOssie gets hurt.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I like the trio of Bradshaw, Wilson and Scott. I really, really Scott and show something. Imagine the explosiveness now if Wilson and Scott raise their game?! I will be focusing on that position and TE position this camp.

I am so glad Jacobs is not on the team anymore. I hope Wilson and Scott, especially Scott can develop and impact us!
Realistically, 2 RBs will see 90% of the snaps during the regular season, the 3rd guy will see time for those inevitable 3 games that Bradshaw will miss due to injury.

I think Scott and Wilson will battle for that 2nd spot in camp and PS. If Wilson comes out guns blazing, then he might leapfrog Scott.

I'm not as high on Scott as a lot of ppl here. He's fast in a straight line, but he doesn't have much wiggle or vision.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Realistically, 2 RBs will see 90% of the snaps during the regular season, the 3rd guy will see time for those inevitable 3 games that Bradshaw will miss due to injury.

I think Scott and Wilson will battle for that 2nd spot in camp and PS. If Wilson comes out guns blazing, then he might leapfrog Scott.

I'm not as high on Scott as a lot of ppl here. He's fast in a straight line, but he doesn't have much wiggle or vision.
Well when it's 3rd and 1, let him run as fast as he can and see if he can get a yard. Maybe when we run that RB hot play or screen we can use Scott instead of Ware.

I know the staff was high on them and mentioned Scott by name. So let's see what happens. It may be straight line speed that's home run ability.

Jacobs and even Bradshaw lacked that, and back in the 5.0 yard per carry days, I remember Jacobs being untouched at the 1st and 2nd level and he'd get 44 yard gain, before someone catching up and knowing him out of bonds.

This home run ability is important because these players will be VERY tough to catch when given daylight, especially Scott! If Scott can go untouched like jacobs used to, it's done, game over. You're not catching him!

So home run speed or ability is something I like a lot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I'm sure most of you don't care about stuff like this, but David Wilson will wear #34 next year. Any mention of Hosley or Randle's numbers?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte Paige Moss? Marcus Forston? Chris Polk? James Brown? Michael Brewster? Billy Winn? Cam Johnson? Travis Lewis? Janzen Jackson? BJ Cunningham?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I want Audie Cole in the 6th

Old 04-28-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want Audie Cole in the 6th
We already have Chase lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
We already have Chase lol.
I love Chase, but I hope you're not serious.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Chase, but I hope you're not serious.
You hope I am not serious about what?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chase>>>>audie cole.

no more linebackers, we're fine with the sex (chase, rivers, boley, kiwi?, williams) and scrubs we have
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
You hope I am not serious about what?
Passing on a good LB because of Chase. He is BPA at this point too

Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Passing on a good LB because of Chase. He is BPA at this point too
There are other good players on the board I wouldn't say Cole is the bpa.

I was just making a joke that we already have a white LB.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoever is BPA on reese's board will be the pick.

but it's probably not cole because he sucks. and we don't need more scrub linebackers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am excited to see what we do

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote