Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to say he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. That's not an appropriate analogy.

He looks like Tarzan, plays like ****.

That's a better analogy.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the light ever comes on and he actually learns how to play football though he could be dominant. The guy is a monster of a man.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I'm thinking they see Mosley as a guard
Not going to force him to go from TE to OT to OG. Waaaaay too much of a project. If we wanted a guard we would have taken Washington from Miami.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't see why they would think Mosley is a G. He doesn't have the body type for it either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We have #s on the OL. I can only see 1 of these guys sticking on the roster. Who do you cut to make room for both? You can't cut Boothe, too versatile and good, can't cut Petrus, he's good and can play both G positions, Diehl isn't going anywhere, ditto for Snee and Baas, Brewer probably gets 1 more year to prove himself, Beatty won't get cut.

So you only have room for 1 more OL on the roster. We picked up that scrub in FA too.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locklear was told to compete for the RT spot. Baas absolutely sucks, can we trade him for a bag of chips?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We have #s on the OL. I can only see 1 of these guys sticking on the roster. Who do you cut to make room for both? You can't cut Boothe, too versatile and good, can't cut Petrus, he's good and can play both G positions, Diehl isn't going anywhere, ditto for Snee and Baas, Brewer probably gets 1 more year to prove himself, Beatty won't get cut.

So you only have room for 1 more OL on the roster. We picked up that scrub in FA too.
Locklear is supposed to be pretty good actually for a backup. But yeah I bet we only keep 1 of these 2 guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Locklear(sp?) and he was told to be ready to compete for the RT spot. Gotta think we keep him as a vet incase Beatty sucks and we move Diehl back to LT. Can't trust these rookies yet. I think they get put on the practice squad.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How many of these picks make the team? I think we only have room for 5 of them.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT-James Brewer, Sean Locklear
RG-Chris Snee, Brandon Mosley (T/G)
C- Kevin Boothe, (**** you)David Baas
LG- David Diehl, Mitch Petrus
LT- Will Beatty, Matt McCants

Of course this isn't the starting lineup because we can interchange players.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How many of these picks make the team? I think we only have room for 5 of them.
5 or 6 is my guess. Wilson, Randle, Hosley, Robinson, one of the OTs and our 7th rounder might. One of the OTs will be on the Practice Squad though.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

McCants has terrible technique, I can't see him making the roster but practice squad yeah

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
RT-James Brewer, Sean Locklear
RG-Chris Snee, Brandon Mosley (T/G)
C- Kevin Boothe, (**** you)David Baas
LG- David Diehl, Mitch Petrus
LT- Will Beatty, Matt McCants

Of course this isn't the starting lineup because we can interchange players.
Not even close

RT- Diehl-Locklear-Brewer
RG- Snee-Boothe
C- Baas-Boothe
LG- Petrus-Boothe-Diehl
LT- Beatty-Diehl-Rookie

is my guess

Old 04-28-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Not even close

RT- Diehl-Locklear-Brewer
RG- Snee-Boothe
C- Baas-Boothe
LG- Petrus-Boothe-Diehl
LT- Beatty-Diehl-Rookie

is my guess
i wasn't doing it by where I thought theyd start, I was doing it as if I had to give them one position they fit best at I felt.

But in no circumstance do I see Boothe not starting. He was our best OL last season. Excellent pulling, held more than his own against one of the best NT in the league in the biggest game.

I'd say we look at the lineup you have up there, but Boothe is going to start somewhere.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think McCants should go on the practice squad. The problem with that is awful teams who have no talent in the backend of their rosters hoard guys away from the practice squad on teams like ours.

So I can see us losing him altogether.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
I think McCants should go on the practice squad. The problem with that is awful teams who have no talent in the backend of their rosters hoard guys away from the practice squad on teams like ours.

So I can see us losing him altogether.
This is true, but I think it was worth it because we get a look at him in camp first with 90 players going to camp. If he starts to catch on you never know, but we'll have our time with him first.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Our first 3 picks make the roster for sure. I think 1 of these 2 OTs battles it out for a spot.

If our 7th rounder blows, maybe both OTs make it and the 7th rounder is a goner. Who knows.

But I think only 5 make it on the roster.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think we see some guys from last year's class get cut too. I think Jones needs to go. Who knows, maybe Brewer too, if he looks awful this year they might just cut him.

Herzlich probably gets 1 more year.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm curious what UDFA's we sign tonight also. It's sometimes more exciting than the 7th round pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm curious what UDFA's we sign tonight also. It's sometimes more exciting than the 7th round pick.
Much more exciting than the 7th round. I always love our UDFAs too. We always find gems that went undrafted.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

I don't know about Jones, I think his ST play might keep him with us, but we don't know. He is definitely one of the guys who could be cut, Paysinger too. Sintim and Tracy are also guys that could be cut.

At wr we're keeping DePalma, he's a ST and guy who we love in practice. Stanback gone, Barden? questionable.

At Te we keep beckum, ballad, bennett, pascoe, and robinson with ballard on PUP. Meaning we cut Larry Donnell, Hopkins, and Purvis (a guy I liked 2 years ago)

At T we probably get rid of Capers and Reinders, with McCants being the next to be cut.

At safety, stevie brown? who the hell is stevie brown? doubt he makes it.

At RB we keep all of them, maybe cut Andre Brown but I thought we liked him.

QB, we keep two and Perrilloux is on the practice squad as it was before

Guard, cut white

DT, I honestly don't know if Rogers makes it, he's old and injury prone, If he does, we probably put Hendricks on the practice squad.

at DE i see we hung onto craig Marshall from USF and we have Trattou who is a practice squad/fill in guy but marshall is most likely either cut or practice squad too.

at CB I don't see us keeping Molden or Brandon Bing, he blows. Horton most likely doesn't make it either unfortunately but we'll see. Bruce Johnson, Coe, and Tryon, probably 1 or 2 of them make it, I think Tryon is cut.

At C i wish we got rid of Baas but we have to keep him don't we, cordle is likely PS again.

Edit: taking all those guys out i think i counted somewhere between 52-54

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 04-28-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Damn, I was hoping Travis Lewis would fall to us, Detroit just scooped him up.

Surprised that Lewis fell this far in the draft. His stock has fallen, but he's better than a 7th round pick.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm making some new rules to follow when evaluating prospects for this team moving forward:

1. Don't even bother scouting OL talents unless they are mid round guys. And when you do scout em, make sure they're athletes who need 3 years of development.

2. Any prospect with short arms, just assume they'll never be a Giant.

3. Any prospect with long arms, just assume they will be a Giant.

4. If you're a linebacker, if you're shorter than 6 2", you're not getting drafted by us.

5. If you're a 1st round linebacker, you're not going to get drafted by us.

6. If you're a WR, DB, or DE, you have a good chance of being drafted by us in the first 2 rounds.

7. If you're a TE, you gotta be a mid round prospect for us to draft you.

8. Height/weight/speed. That's what we look for.

9. Long arms. It's a requirement. We won't draft you if you don't have long arms. I think I wrote this already, but I'm writing it again for good measure.

I think those are the 9 Giants drafting commandments.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

except for we drafted greg jones, prince amukamara, will beatty, and james brewer...

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
except for we drafted greg jones, prince amukamara, will beatty, and james brewer...
Greg Jones was a 7th round pick.

Beatty has long arms. Was a developmental LT as well bc he needed to bulk up.

Ditto for Brewer. Who was also a mid round pick and a development guy.

And Prince was the 1 exception I can think of.