Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Greg Jones was a 7th round pick.

Beatty has long arms. Was a developmental LT as well bc he needed to bulk up.

Ditto for Brewer. Who was also a mid round pick and a development guy.

And Prince was the 1 exception I can think of.
Jones was a 6th rounder

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Kuhn, DT from NCST.

He has great stats and measurables. Sounds like a penetrating DT. We'll see if he makes the roster.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marcus Kuhn, DT from NCST.

He has great stats and measurables. Sounds like a penetrating DT. We'll see if he makes the roster.
Called it too! Love the pick. Was hoping it would be a white DL

Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greg Jones was a 7th round pick.

Beatty has long arms. Was a developmental LT as well bc he needed to bulk up.

Ditto for Brewer. Who was also a mid round pick and a development guy.

And Prince was the 1 exception I can think of.
you said we dont draft LB's under 6'2'', we dont draft OL in the first 3 rounds.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
you said we dont draft LB's under 6'2'', we dont draft OL in the first 3 rounds.
Beatty is our ONLY OL on the roster who we picked before the 3rd round, and it was at the end of the 2nd round to boot.

Jones is a 6th round pick. Does he even count? Anyway, there will be exceptions to the rules, but we do generally follow those guidelines. I was being sarcastic with it but a lot of it does have some truth to it.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Called it too! Love the pick. Was hoping it would be a white DL
Is he any good? Any chance to make the roster?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD those rules sound fine now but we also would have never thought the team would draft a RB in the 1st. Basically you can throw position out the window when it comes to Reese and Ross. I do agree about the long arms thing though as that's obvious with every player we take pretty much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So how would you guys do the draft if you were Reese?

I think my draft would have been:

1. Stephen Hill
2. Bobby Massie
3. Robert Turbin

I'm not knowledgeable enough to go beyond 3 rounds, but that's what my 3 rounds wouldve looked like if I were GM knowing what I knew before the draft.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
BBD those rules sound fine now but we also would have never thought the team would draft a RB in the 1st. Basically you can throw position out the window when it comes to Reese and Ross. I do agree about the long arms thing though as that's obvious with every player we take pretty much.
That's true too. I really hope we don't lose Ross. Ross is going to make one hell of a GM somewhere.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so Kuhn is German and wasn't allowed to play football until 15. He's also quite the athlete for the position running a 4.85 40 at that weight so impressive. I'm rooting for this kid.

I really liked what we did today and pretty much am on board with every pick except for you know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Is he any good? Any chance to make the roster?

Pretty much all I have to say. I think he makes the roster mostly because we need the DT depth.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That's true too. I really hope we don't lose Ross. Ross is going to make one hell of a GM somewhere.
He's great. I listened to all his interviews this week and he comes off as a great football guy. I'm shocked the Bears didn't hire him. He's definitely a goner in a year or two because Reese is so young that he's not going anywhere. It's a shame but I hope he goes to an AFC West team and we won't have to face them much because he's going to do a great job at this new place.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post

Pretty much all I have to say. I think he makes the roster mostly because we need the DT depth.
We only carried 4 DT's all last year and now we have 5 on the roster. It's going to be hard for him to make it so hopefully we can get him on the PS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He's great. I listened to all his interviews this week and he comes off as a great football guy. I'm shocked the Bears didn't hire him. He's definitely a goner in a year or two because Reese is so young that he's not going anywhere. It's a shame but I hope he goes to an AFC West team and we won't have to face them much because he's going to do a great job at this new place.
Don't worry, he's black. He'll probably have to cure cancer before he gets his chance to be a GM. So we'll have him for at least 4 more years.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Stephen Hill
2. Bobby Massie
3. Robert Turbin

I'm not knowledgeable enough to go beyond 3 rounds, but that's what my 3 rounds wouldve looked like if I were GM knowing what I knew before the draft.
Again, It's not just Reese. There are so many people that are involved in this process, including Marc Ross.

I do agree with some of your list on long arms, and height/weight/speed guys which we take a flyer on. But the rest comes down to the board which you and I haven't seen, so we can't make general statements like that.

I am sure someone can say "Reese" won't take a RB in the first, and we did. So it all comes down to the board.

I think the general question I asked myself when reading various MBs, like BBI, Giants.com and scout.com, is how many people understand the draft process and what goes on? I would say in a general statement that not a lot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

1. Stephen Hill
2. Bobby Massie
3. Robert Turbin

1. Stephen Hill
2. Bobby Massie
3. Cyrus Gray

sig by BoneKrusher
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well we don't have Tollefson anymore and we didn't grab another DE so maybe we carry 5 this year to offset that?
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Don't worry, he's black. He'll probably have to cure cancer before he gets his chance to be a GM. So we'll have him for at least 4 more years.
Hahaha. Good point. Thank you for NFL racism.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Again, It's not just Reese. There are so many people that are involved in this process, including Marc Ross.

I do agree with some of your list on long arms, and height/weight/speed guys which we take a flyer on. But the rest comes down to the board which you and I haven't seen, so we can't make general statements like that.

I am sure someone can say "Reese" won't take a RB in the first, and we did. So it all comes down to the board.

I think the general question I asked myself when reading various MBs, like BBI, Giants.com and scout.com, is how many people understand the draft process and what goes on? I would say in a general statement that not a lot.
Bro...I know the draft process....
Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

I'm 100% sure everyone here understands the draft process. It doesn't mean we have to love every pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Hahaha. Good point. Thank you for NFL racism.
Haha, it's the only reason why NFL teams haven't taken Fewell away from us yet. Any time we have a DC who does well, he's gone in like 1 year.

But then they were all like oh ****, he's black. Naaaaa, they can keep him.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well we don't have Tollefson anymore and we didn't grab another DE so maybe we carry 5 this year to offset that?
True I didn't think about that. I think we carry Trattou on the active all year though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bro...I know the draft process....
Not you, I mean the other fools on the sites listed above.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm 100% sure everyone here understands the draft process. It doesn't mean we have to love every pick.
Not here, I am talking in forums with more volume than the 6 of us or how ever many we are in this section. We are basically the same collection posting here. Other than that we are not a lot. I am talking sites with much bigger volume.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Holy crap, I've been posting here for 6 years! Has it really been that long?!