Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 7 Round Steeler Mock

So, I did my first 2012 7-round mock draft this weekend. With all the underclassmen coming out, it really made things interesting.

1.32 - Robert Lester*, FS, Alamaba - 6'2", 205 lbs

Both DeCastro and Osemele were off the board in the 20's, so I looked to our second most needed position. Lester would provide a hard-hitting replacement to Clark as well as an upgrade in coverage skills at the free safety spot. He led the Tide's defense in intereceptions with seven and ranked 7th on the team in total tackles.

2.64 - Luke Kuechly*, ILB, Boston College - 6'3", 235 lbs

A little light for the position, but after playing another full season he'll fit right in. Besides, Farrior has always played with a low playing weight for the position. Kuechly would give us an instinctive linebacker with a nonstop motor. He's a tackling machine that blew everybody in the country out of the water in total tackles and tacklers per contest.

3.96 - Andrew Datko, OT/OG, Florida St - 6'6", 312 lbs

Injuries in 2010 will hurt his stock, but he should have a great season going into his senior year for the Seminoles. He'll be in competition with Chris Scott and Marcus Gilbert for the right tackle position, or challenge Foster and Kemo for a starting guard spot.

4.128 - Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford - 6'2", 205 lbs

Durability concerns will need to be watched over his senior year, but Owusu blew up as a sophomore and with Ryan Whalen and Doug Baldwin gone, he should be the primary target for Andrew Luck. 67 career receptions with 1100+ yards and eight touchdowns. Would be a good replacement for Ward as the team is going to be looking for a replacement possession receiver.

5.162 - Rhett Ellison, TE, USC - 6'5", 245 lbs

An excellent blocker and adequate pass catcher, Ellison would allow Miller to be the pass receiver and safety outlet for Big Ben to throw to that he was drafted for. He's had to stay and block when he could be used as a touchdown machine. Ellison gives you that ability. If Arians continues to use his 2-TE sets as much as he has, Ellison would be that much more helpful in short yardage situations.

6.196 - Tashuan Gipson, CB, Wyoming - 6'0", 205 lbs

Good developmental guy. Solid size and speed and position flexible. Only watched him against Air Force last year. Another big CB to groom behind the plethora of talent we have at the position.

7.232 - Kaniela Tuipulotu, DT/NT, Hawaii - 6'2", 300 lbs

Tuipulotu could be a guy we bring in to replace McLendon with his size and ability to play 4 man fronts. Has the frame to add more weight and his defensive line didn't allow a 100 yard rusher against WAC opponents.

I would've like to get a NT earlier, but it wasn't in the cards. Too many teams like Houston, Washington, Arizona, Kansas City, Dallas, New England were stacked up before us.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Dook
Rookie

Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.

Love S Lester in the 1st. Not sure that it's really a need but love the talent.

ILB Kuechly in the 2nd? Probably won't be there but even if he is, he's a 4-3 ILB, not a 3-4 ILB. He's not good in coverage. Not saying it wouldn't work at all but I think it's unlikely. I hate to say it but they're probably just going to move Foote into Farrior's position.

Like OT Datko in the 3rd, if he's there, but remember we're getting OT Willie Colon back so it's more probable that he would start at LG if he beats out Leg and Kemo.

I'm not really a fan of WR Owusu so I'll just skip over him.

TE Ellison in the 5th? Could happen but I think the team is okay with Saunders.

As for the rest, I love McLendon's drive so I don't see a need to replace him but we do need a 3-4 NT type to eventually replace Hampton. I like DT

Renard Williams down here, small school, huge production.

Also, we could use a QB in the later rounds to replace Dixon, since he's not comfortable with only earning $1m a year to stand on the sidelines.
Dook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't touch Owusu if I were a team. He's had 3 concussion problems already and at this rate would be out of the league with 1 or 2 more.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No way is Kuechly there in Rd 2 for the Steelers
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
So, I did my first 2012 7-round mock draft this weekend. With all the underclassmen coming out, it really made things interesting.

1.32 - Robert Lester*, FS, Alamaba - 6'2", 205 lbs

Both DeCastro and Osemele were off the board in the 20's, so I looked to our second most needed position. Lester would provide a hard-hitting replacement to Clark as well as an upgrade in coverage skills at the free safety spot. He led the Tide's defense in intereceptions with seven and ranked 7th on the team in total tackles.

2.64 - Luke Kuechly*, ILB, Boston College - 6'3", 235 lbs

A little light for the position, but after playing another full season he'll fit right in. Besides, Farrior has always played with a low playing weight for the position. Kuechly would give us an instinctive linebacker with a nonstop motor. He's a tackling machine that blew everybody in the country out of the water in total tackles and tacklers per contest.

3.96 - Andrew Datko, OT/OG, Florida St - 6'6", 312 lbs

Injuries in 2010 will hurt his stock, but he should have a great season going into his senior year for the Seminoles. He'll be in competition with Chris Scott and Marcus Gilbert for the right tackle position, or challenge Foster and Kemo for a starting guard spot.

4.128 - Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford - 6'2", 205 lbs

Durability concerns will need to be watched over his senior year, but Owusu blew up as a sophomore and with Ryan Whalen and Doug Baldwin gone, he should be the primary target for Andrew Luck. 67 career receptions with 1100+ yards and eight touchdowns. Would be a good replacement for Ward as the team is going to be looking for a replacement possession receiver.

5.162 - Rhett Ellison, TE, USC - 6'5", 245 lbs

An excellent blocker and adequate pass catcher, Ellison would allow Miller to be the pass receiver and safety outlet for Big Ben to throw to that he was drafted for. He's had to stay and block when he could be used as a touchdown machine. Ellison gives you that ability. If Arians continues to use his 2-TE sets as much as he has, Ellison would be that much more helpful in short yardage situations.

6.196 - Tashuan Gipson, CB, Wyoming - 6'0", 205 lbs

Good developmental guy. Solid size and speed and position flexible. Only watched him against Air Force last year. Another big CB to groom behind the plethora of talent we have at the position.

7.232 - Kaniela Tuipulotu, DT/NT, Hawaii - 6'2", 300 lbs

Tuipulotu could be a guy we bring in to replace McLendon with his size and ability to play 4 man fronts. Has the frame to add more weight and his defensive line didn't allow a 100 yard rusher against WAC opponents.

I would've like to get a NT earlier, but it wasn't in the cards. Too many teams like Houston, Washington, Arizona, Kansas City, Dallas, New England were stacked up before us.
BRAVO! BRAVO! Kaniela Tuipulotu FTW!~

Seriously though, the dude is a very talented player. Was an Army All-American and probably would've gotten more attention had he stayed at Arizona, but he got home sick and came back to Hawaii where he has kept runners in check ever since he got here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lester? meh....hes tough to gauge on how good he really is (as are many bama defenders) who are the ACTUAL difference makers aside from the solid role players. Lester, Baron, Kirkpatrick, Hightower, Upshaw, Chapman...that D is stacked....i just think the safeties are hard to judge.

if we took a safety in 1 i think i like mcdonald the best.

No way luke is in round 2 though
Old 12-02-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
lester? meh....hes tough to gauge on how good he really is (as are many bama defenders) who are the ACTUAL difference makers aside from the solid role players. Lester, Baron, Kirkpatrick, Hightower, Upshaw, Chapman...that D is stacked....i just think the safeties are hard to judge.

if we took a safety in 1 i think i like mcdonald the best.

No way luke is in round 2 though
After watching him play, he's a very average center fielder. I might not even draft Lester in the 2nd round. But I would draft Kuechly with my first pick! If he makes it out of the top 15...which I doubt he will.

Now Barron I take in the first in a heartbeat. Kid is playing his lights out for the Tide.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote