Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it because I hate Torres, but I just think it's comical that he got more games than Bertuzzi previous track record or not. Bertuzzi literally ended a guy's career with one of the biggest cheapshots in NHL history.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it because I hate Torres, but I just think it's comical that he got more games than Bertuzzi previous track record or not. Bertuzzi literally ended a guy's career with one of the biggest cheapshots in NHL history.
You can't compare the two. Shanahan wasn't handing out punishments back then. Whose to say Bertuzzi wouldn't have gotten much more if Shanahan was making the decision?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You can't compare the two. Shanahan wasn't handing out punishments back then. Whose to say Bertuzzi wouldn't have gotten much more if Shanahan was making the decision?
Yes, you can. Just because he wasn't in charge doesn't mean it can be discounted. And it's probably a good thing Shanahan wasn't, because the NHL would probably already be ruined and renamed the No Hit League.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-21-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not comparable at all. You can't compare different eras (and yes, pre and post lockout are different eras).
Old 04-21-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Xio. A decade ago Torres' hit might not have even resulted in a suspension with how lax the rules and response from the league were pre-lockout and pre-"concussion awareness" and the greater emphasis on player safety as the game has opened up more and more and gotten faster and faster. Its sort of like complaining about Dunta Robinson's suspension for hitting DeSean Jackson and saying that Rodney Harrison never got suspended for doing that kind of stuff all the time when he was with the Chargers. Things are different now. Shanahan is new to this just like Goodell and they have to try to start somewhere in assessing the severity of punishments and what kind of precedents they want to set going forward. Goodell is probably doing a better job than Shanahan so far though (in terms of player safety related suspensions, Shanahan doesn't have anything to do with the off-ice incedents like Goodell does as far as I'm aware).
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Torres. I was thinking maybe 10 games max, but wow. Well, maybe you shouldn't be such a dbag and ish like this wouldn't happen.

Btw, for lulz, head over to the Phoenix hfboard. They are convinced that this is only because of the Chicago media/market, and that since Torres got 25 that Shaw should have got 25+ for his hit. It's hilarious.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

i hate hfboards and will never go back there again. some of the most ******** people i've ever heard talk about hockey reside there. and i got banned within like three days of making an account because everyone was so sensitive.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really interesting article here (ESPN Insider required): http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/playo...r-star-players

Quote:
During Campbell's post-lockout tenure he levied over 400 games in suspensions, averaging 3.6 games per incident during the regular season and 3.0 games for infractions incurred during the playoffs. Shanahan, on the other hand, has doled out less severe penalties for infractions during the regular season (2.8), and has been even more lenient during the playoffs (1.8).

Shanahan has also imposed milder sentences during the regular season for hits to the head -- a full game less per occurrence -- than Campbell did, despite the NHL's increased focus on curbing those types of illegal hits. The punishments also become less severe when it involves a star player.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 25 is definately overkill, even for Torres. His hit on Eberle was worse in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if he won an appeal though and got it reduced.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Really interesting article here (ESPN Insider required): http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/playo...r-star-players
That's in part because Campbell waited for some big **** to happen to suspend a player, which more often than not warranted a 5 game+ suspension, as opposed to Shanahan handing out 1-game suspensions after just about every trivial hit.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus, Holtby is annoyingly good. Pisses me off haha.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of the biggest factors in this series has been how poorly Kane and Toews have played. Toews is understandable, but Kane has just been so out of it, losing control of pucks and his passing just isn't as crisp. Makes me sad panda.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
That's in part because Campbell waited for some big **** to happen to suspend a player, which more often than not warranted a 5 game+ suspension, as opposed to Shanahan handing out 1-game suspensions after just about every trivial hit.
I'm OK with Shanahan dishes small suspensions. I just want them to be consistent.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think one of the biggest factors in this series has been how poorly Kane and Toews have played. Toews is understandable, but Kane has just been so out of it, losing control of pucks and his passing just isn't as crisp. Makes me sad panda.
I think the physicality of the Coyotes has really gotten to them

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think the physicality of the Coyotes has really gotten to them
Ya, at the start of the series I was hoping it was going to be a useless game plan, but it's starting to look like a great one. Toews at least knows how to get his hands dirty usually, but Kane is probably the least physical "star" player in the NHL.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

OT for the 5th time in 5 games for Hawks/Yotes.

I'll predict ....

Sharp - CHI
Doan - PHX
Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd game in a row

Boedker - Kane

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bolland - Pyatt
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm picking Eckman-Larsson again, **** everyone else. I GUESS Sharp too, whateverrrrr.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You can't pick Sharp. I already did. THERE ARE RULES, COREY!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh captain, my captain!
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Toews wins it.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, if I keep picking Ekman-Larsson.....it has to come true eventually, right?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks announcer Pat Foley said 5 straight OT games hasn't happened since 1951 when Montreal and Toronto did so in the finals.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Series San Jose, Niemi played his heart out.

BLUES BABY!!!!!!!!!! Yessssss!!!!! first playoff series win since 2002!!!!!! Congrats boys!!