Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Can someone explain to me why the Avs gave up a first round and a second round for Washington's backup goalie?
Because if he ever figures out how to stay healthy he's better than Washington's starting goalie? That's really the only way it makes sense, Vokoun has to be looking for huge bucks on a long deal and I guess Sherman didn't want to send a first and second to in conference Vancouver or LA. We overpaid in a trade...again...at least the dude does have some insane talent when he's healthy and playing well.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Smith or Raffi Torres any good?

can't be worse than Bryzy was in the playoffs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have this crazy suspicion that Ken Holland could sign Brad Richards.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how hard the Kings try so hard for every superstar free agent, and they get shafted every time. They had to give up a good young player and a stud prospect in order to get that drunk Brad Richards.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren Dreger just Tweeted that Calgary and Philly are after Richards.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Neither has enough cap space ...
Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It's funny how hard the Kings try so hard for every superstar free agent, and they get shafted every time. They had to give up a good young player and a stud prospect in order to get that drunk Brad Richards.
Mike Richards*

But yeah, the Kings should have been able to acquire someone by now.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Mike Smith or Raffi Torres any good?

can't be worse than Bryzy was in the playoffs
Torres is a big guy who will throw his body around. He is hot and cold scoring and has been known for illegal hits, but I like him.

Not sure about Smith, but know that Tippett has worked with him before IIRC.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

FLA signs Tomas Fleischmann for four years, $18M.

GOD DAMN IT, FLORIDA. Can we contract them from the league?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleishman gets 4.5 from Florida. Jesus.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torres is a scumbag that needs to get his **** pushed in.

Smith was supposed to be a good starting goalie a few years ago, but seems to have completely fallen off the map. Definitely not starting-calibre anymore unless something drastically changes.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Are there any players on the trade block?

I keep going back to that deal Toronto made for J-M Liles and think its an absolute steal comparatively. Making 4.2 on the last year of his deal. Colorado surrendered him for a 2nd rounder. He'd make Wisniewski money or better on the open market.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's 26 or 27, sign for a long time at 5.7, with is a freakin' STEAL with all these ******** salaries. He is legit, even if he is a bit of a partier, i don't care as long as he brings it...which he will.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehrhoff and Leino were both traded for peanuts two years ago. Now they have 10 and 6 year deals with us.

Team still looks kind of soft. Kind of really soft. The only players that make you think physical are (outside of line 4) Regehr, Myers, and Gerbe. Weber, too, but he looks like our 7th D at the moment. Maybe Stafford.

We also still don't have actual centers. These Boyes and Leino experiments are not the most exhilarating, considering who they're playing with.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Did anyone ever envision the day when the Sabres had the highest payroll? They currently do ...
Old 07-01-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Handzus to San Jose.

Bergenheim to Florida (!).

Fedotenko to the Rangers.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida is killing me....pretty funny.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hooray andy greene!
now devils need to keep parise.
also, florida...I don't know all that much about hockey, but you're bringing me the lulz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Are there any players on the trade block?
Apparently Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, James vanRiemsdyk, Chris Pronger, Kimmo Timmonen and Andreas Nodl all are. This is to clear cap space so the Flyers can sign Kris Draper to a 7 year deal.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Apparently Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, James vanRiemsdyk, Chris Pronger, Kimmo Timmonen and Andreas Nodl all are. This is to clear cap space so the Flyers can sign Kris Draper to a 7 year deal.
Flyers will have to outbid the Wings. They're offering him 8 years.

[/sarcasm]

The Flyers offseason is truly baffling. I don't think I could remain a Flyers fan if I were one after what they've done.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

There's talk that Phoenix is gonna shop Keith Yandle.

If true, Ken Holland better be all over this. He's got 10 million and no where to spend it.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Trade Filppula for Yandle if that's what it will take. I think they could actually get him for less of an established player. Picks and prospects and Jakub Kindl perhaps.

Maybe I'm dreaming.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flyers will have to outbid the Wings. They're offering him 8 years.

[/sarcasm]

The Flyers offseason is truly baffling. I don't think I could remain a Flyers fan if I were one after what they've done.
BRO, it's gonna be rough.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else wanna chime in on the Avs two trades? A lot of Avs fans are bitching about the Liles and Varlamov trades and while I do think we over paid, I still can't help but be really excited about these Avs and think that we should be a playoff team this year. Maybe it's just that we haven't had a defense and goalie since Blake and Roy left.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think Toronto got a major bargain on Liles (especially given the absurd market) and I've been saying for over a week that I'm pissed Ken Holland didn't make that deal.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trade Filppula for Yandle if that's what it will take. I think they could actually get him for less of an established player. Picks and prospects and Jakub Kindl perhaps.

Maybe I'm dreaming.
Please give me your rationale for why you think it would take so little.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote