Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Hopefully never. NO NEW TROPHIES!
I was mostly sarcastic thinking that the whole concept of that trophy is a joke.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting Tweet from Jeremy Rutherford the other day....

Quote:
Backes has had lunch with Hitchcock. Said Blues can identify players who bow out when times are tough. Need to change mentality or roster.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Interesting Tweet from Jeremy Rutherford the other day....
I think I read that Oshie might be one of them. Not sure, though.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Erik Karlsson won the award for best defenseman when he doesn't play defense very well at all.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch the NHL awards, so I missed the Will Arnett as Brendan Shanahan videos. Don't make the same mistake I did. Watch them:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video
Old 06-21-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I didn't watch the NHL awards, so I missed the Will Arnett as Brendan Shanahan videos. Don't make the same mistake I did. Watch them:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video
Yeah they were pretty good. I think the Dustin Brown one was the best.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Rumors of trade talk between Columbus and Edmonton. I don't know the particulars, but that's what I read on Twitter.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rumors of trade talk between Columbus and Edmonton. I don't know the particulars, but that's what I read on Twitter.
In a draft where there is one absolutely elite prospect, I certainly hope Edmonton isn't trading the first pick. That'd be incredibly stupid.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Yakupov is "absolutely elite".
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Bob McKenzie from TSN on Twitter:

Quote:
Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.
Quote:
If Staal won't re-up in PIT, where he loves it, not expected to extend with anyone else who may trade for him. Except perhaps Carolina (with Eric)
Old 06-21-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Per Bob McKenzie from TSN on Twitter:
Was about to post this. Damn. Huge Staal fan. Wonder if he gets shopped hard tonight and before the draft.

Oh, and I hope that the Flyers don't get Nash or Perry.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
In a draft where there is one absolutely elite prospect, I certainly hope Edmonton isn't trading the first pick. That'd be incredibly stupid.
I think it would make a lot of sense for the Oilers to actually trade the first pick. With Paajarvi-Svenson, Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Nugent-Hopkins, Linus Omark and possibly even Anton Lander, they're set on offense for a long time.

Furthermore, while Yakupov may be a slight bit above the other prospects, the difference in talent is not that high between him and a guy like Grigorenko who might end up out of the top 10. They'd be better off going for one of the top offensive D-men. A trade with the Ducks would make sense if the rumors of them dangling Bobby Ryan are true, as Yakupov could replace him on the wing. The oilers could be adding picks and/or another promising youngster, always a good thing especially if the guy you really want/need is expected to still be available a few picks later. They could then pick their favorite out of who's left between Trouba, Dumba, Rielly and Reinhart.

Last edited by Job Reborn : 06-21-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was about to post this. Damn. Huge Staal fan. Wonder if he gets shopped hard tonight and before the draft.

Oh, and I hope that the Flyers don't get Nash or Perry.
Giroux and Perry. Mmmmmmm

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks like the deal was 10 for 60. Hmmmm. I don't think I would have turned it down unless he was really looking to play with his brother.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Nick Kypreos tweeted that the Sens and Sharks are two teams with the most interest in Nash. Clowe, Pav, and Demers are some names speculated.

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/215925741089599490
Old 06-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Looks like the deal was 10 for 60. Hmmmm. I don't think I would have turned it down unless he was really looking to play with his brother.
Penguins should be very glad he declined if those figures are correct as reporter.

He's not a $6 million/year player, at least not on my team.

Last edited by Xiomera : 06-21-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he just doesn't want to lock himself into being seen as a #3 center for ten years. Usually guys aren't unhappy when they get 20 minutes a night on a contending team, but he's already won a Cup and maybe he wants to prove himself in a role where people won't compare him to Darren Helm.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I can understand Staal's reasoning for wanting to get out from under Malkin and Crosby's shadow. Don't misunderstand me. I don't think he's crazy for turning that down at all.

I think the Penguins would have been making a mistake.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just conjecturing. If anything was targeted by my guesswork, it would be the assumption that he has his eyes set on playing with his brother.

LeBrun said Buffalo has been calling about Staal. Not really surprised, as Regier has been calling just about everybody leading up to this weekend.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I was just conjecturing. If anything was targeted by my guesswork, it would be the assumption that he has his eyes set on playing with his brother.

LeBrun said Buffalo has been calling about Staal. Not really surprised, as Regier has been calling just about everybody leading up to this weekend.
Marc must be the bastard child of the family. No one wants to play with him.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Dreger tweeted that progress has been made on a Luongo trade. Nothing imminent, but progress nonetheless.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

Pom for Staal?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Pom for Staal?
Captains have a bad history of sticking around in Buffalo, but I don't see us trading our captain and best player (last year) for a guy with one year until UFA status. Pommer is not the sort of asset we're looking to move.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'm not sure what kind of package Shero would be looking for if in fact they do trade him. I know if he does get shipped to Carolina, Brandon Sutter will be on the list. Other than that, I don't even know.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nick Kypreos tweeted that the Sens and Sharks are two teams with the most interest in Nash. Clowe, Pav, and Demers are some names speculated.

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/215925741089599490
******* why. stop it DW.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote