Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We need NHL brothers Power Rankings.

The Kostitsyns
The Staals
The Schenns
The Millers
The Koivus
The Sedins
I was thinking more like:

Joel Ward
P.K. Subban
Wayne Simmonds
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglian
Ray Emery
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh no he didnt

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking more like:

Joel Ward
P.K. Subban
Wayne Simmonds
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglian
Ray Emery
What happened to Laraque?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Honorable mention, but he's retired, isn't he?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Forget Laraque...demand more Evander Kane!
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Import draft! I want to see McDavid and Dansk in Erie. Make them stay.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

NOT A DRY EYE IN THE HOUSE!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennis Wideman traded to the Flames and they signed him to a 5 year deal.

Edit: 5.25 for him? Jesus.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Dennis Wideman traded to the Flames and they signed him to a 5 year deal.

Edit: 5.25 for him? Jesus.
I'm surprised at the destination. He must REALLY have wanted to sign in Calgary (and yet, he's from Ontario). Otherwise, I can't fathom why a guy would sign a deal before being available to all 30 NHL teams. He would have been the top fallback option for the dozen teams that don't get Ryan Suter. Guarantee he'd have gotten the same money or more elsewhere.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it would have gotten much more lucrative for Wideman. Calgary has a quota to reach for regrettable defenseman contracts, anyway.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I don't know if it would have gotten much more lucrative for Wideman. Calgary has a quota to reach for regrettable defenseman contracts, anyway.
I guarantee he'd have gotten an equivalent contract elsewhere. Just like they were last offseason, the market for defenseman will be absurdly overpriced.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guarantee he'd have gotten an equivalent contract elsewhere. Just like they were last offseason, the market for defenseman will be absurdly overpriced.
You know, you're right. why go out into FA and spend all this money on these defencemen, when you can easily trade for Mike Komisarek!

Once Suter signs, this sweepstakes will be the one to watch.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
You know, you're right. why go out into FA and spend all this money on these defencemen, when you can easily trade for Mike Komisarek!

Once Suter signs, this sweepstakes will be the one to watch.
Someone should take Dan Cleary off Detroit's hands. Pretty please?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honorable mention, but he's retired, isn't he?
I keep on forgetting that. For some reason, I constantly think he's unofficially retired.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm surprised at the destination. He must REALLY have wanted to sign in Calgary (and yet, he's from Ontario). Otherwise, I can't fathom why a guy would sign a deal before being available to all 30 NHL teams. He would have been the top fallback option for the dozen teams that don't get Ryan Suter. Guarantee he'd have gotten the same money or more elsewhere.
If Carle isn't re-signed teams looking for a PMD could will prefer him to Wideman, while Garrison is simply a better defencemen than either of those two. So I'm not really sure that he could've gotten much more and at least this way he gets to play with a smooth skating partner who can cover for his awful defense.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Columbus and Detroit are out of the Schultz sweepstakes if anyone cared or if they were serious contenders for him.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If Carle isn't re-signed teams looking for a PMD could will prefer him to Wideman, while Garrison is simply a better defencemen than either of those two. So I'm not really sure that he could've gotten much more and at least this way he gets to play with a smooth skating partner who can cover for his awful defense.
I think Suter, Garrison, Carle, Wideman all get BIG money. There's enough teams wanting them to give each of them a huge contract. All I said was he must have really been content with Calgary. It's a curious decision to sign so quick rather than to explore your options.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I read that the cap for this summer is 70.2 million. I don't know what it will be once the CBA is announced closer to the season.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Looks like Sid is on the verge of a 9-figure extension.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I hope Schultz busts.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

12 years for 104.4 is the terms for Sid's contract. Same cap hit as he has now and took a discount to stay long term. Geno's contract is going to be similar next summer as well.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Nah, I think Malkin goes to UFA in 2014 and then eats up all the money left by the expiring contracts of Vanek, Pominville, and Miller.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I read that the cap for this summer is 70.2 million. I don't know what it will be once the CBA is announced closer to the season.
If they lower the split from 57/43 to 50/50 that would drop the cap to around 62 mil.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I hope Schultz busts.
Damn, this made me think he had agreed to signing with the Leafs next week.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Damn, this made me think he had agreed to signing with the Leafs next week.
I just don't like the whole situation. But him ending up with the Rangers or an Ontarian team won't help things.