Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone fill me in on the Jackets off season moves? I know a couple of the names but was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on how theyve done.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Can anyone fill me in on the Jackets off season moves? I know a couple of the names but was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on how theyve done.
They got Jeff Carter and James Wisnieski. An improvement, but more work to be done. I'm still not very confident in Steve Mason.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huzzah! No more McGuire...Oh wait. I'm not in Canada. Rats.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Osgood is retiring.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....-+MLive.com%29

Thanks for the memories, Ozzie. You won us two cups.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guy signed in Tampa, but more importantly - Matt Ellis is back!
The final piece has fallen into place, my friends. Say goodbye to parity.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sekera, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how we throw around money nowadays, but I can't believe we gave Rej $11 million.
Plenty of backend offense now. Wonder if Gragnani will even get playing time.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew the Stamkos situation would be resolved, let's get Purcell under contract now!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I like Sekera, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how we throw around money nowadays, but I can't believe we gave Rej $11 million.
Plenty of backend offense now. Wonder if Gragnani will even get playing time.
I'd like to see Gragnani get traded to a team that will better utilize him...think he could be an underrated top 6 option and PP QB.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I agree, except for the wanting to trade him part. It wouldn't be bad to see him play over Weber, though that leaves little muscle after the suspected Regehr-Myers pairing. If he is in there, though, I would think he holds down a regular spot on a powerplay unit. Might be wishful thinking for our youth, but I could see Leopold losing out through all of this. Sekera could take his top-4 spot and Grags gets the PP time. I do love his shot, though. Neither of those two can match it.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 07-20-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

This was funny

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/7/8/225...s-commentators
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Kinda random, but let's all give thanks that there is no lockout in the NHL at this moment.
Most people believe that there will be another very big labor dispute in the NHL when the time comes for a new CBA.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Most people believe that there will be another very big labor dispute in the NHL when the time comes for a new CBA.
Yeah, I'm hearing that too. When is that?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...ew-doughty-nhl

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Doughty will never leave LA, but it's fun to dream.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Doughty will never leave LA, but it's fun to dream.
Yeah, besides that, I know Ken Holland wouldn't go after an RFA (though I wish he would).
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Thoughts on this list:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1012

Organizational prospect rankings. I'm surprised to see the RedWings at #1. I don't know a lot about these guys outside the top few.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pure garbage about sums it up.

BoneKrusher
Old 07-22-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Pure garbage about sums it up.
Is it because the Sharks are 30th out of 30?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wish they would go over some of the national broadcasters like Hughson vs Lee for CBC.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Is it because the Sharks are 30th out of 30?
No? It's just a bad list. The Sharks don't have any top 6 forward prospects and only a couple top 4 d-man prospects. They should be near the bottom. Main problem is Detroit being #1. They might have a shot at top 10, but first? That's laughable.

BoneKrusher
Old 07-22-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
No? It's just a bad list. The Sharks don't have any top 6 forward prospects and only a couple top 4 d-man prospects. They should be near the bottom. Main problem is Detroit being #1. They might have a shot at top 10, but first? That's laughable.
It's laughable because of one single team's placement on the list?

I was surprised, but at the same time, Detroit is Top Ten and I don't know of one team that particularly stands out. Having read the guy's analysis, it appears he elevated Detroit to the top based on their track record for producing NHLers with later round picks.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It's laughable because of one single team's placement on the list?

I was surprised, but at the same time, Detroit is Top Ten and I don't know of one team that particularly stands out. Having read the guy's analysis, it appears he elevated Detroit to the top based on their track record for producing NHLers with later round picks.
Fine.

Florida is ranked way too low, they are top 5 at least and should probably be top 3 if not #1. As I said earlier, Detroit is way too high. Fringe top 10, I'd probably have them 8-12. NYI, Nashville, and Ottawa are all decent placements. Chicago is entirely too high. They should be around the 15 range at best. Carolina, Boston, and LA are all decent positions. Anaheim is too high, they should be around 15. Toronto is too high, they should also be around the 15 range. Washington is too high. Buffalo should be way higher than 18, probably around 10-12 range. Phoenix is iffy depending if you still count OEL as a prospect or not. NYR should be a lot higher (I'm a fan of McIlrath). St. Louis and Colorado at 21 and 22 is terrible. Both should be top 10. Tampa has a good set of top 6 forward prospects in Connolly, Panik, and Ashton and for that reason I'd probably rank them a little higher. Their bottom 5 is pretty good, but those are probably the easiest to rank as well.

My top 10 would probably be (drawn up very quickly):

1. Florida
2. Nashville
3. Ottawa
4. New York Islanders
5. Colorado
6. Los Angeles
7. Carolina
8. St. Louis
9. Detroit
10. NY Rangers

with Minnesota, Columbus, Boston, and Buffalo looking in.

BoneKrusher
Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, Florida was my biggest issue on that. Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Watson, Grimaldi, ... is pretty much the tits.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I see Buffalo is 3.5 or so million over the cap.

How are they planning to get below it?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I see Buffalo is 3.5 or so million over the cap.

How are they planning to get below it?
Kotalik and Morrissonn to the minors, for starters. That's 5 million, right there. Not sure what the exact numbers are, but we only have Gragnani left to sign.