Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Berglund and Muzzin in St. Lewis
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Give me Berglund and Muzzin in St. Lewis
Is Berglund even alive? If he scores ill go streaking around scotttrade
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dustin Brown and Pietrangelo

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else do John Buccigross' overtime goal prediction challenge on Twitter?

I took these guys:

Blues - Alex Steen
Kings - Mike Richards

Blackhawks - Brandon Saad
Wild - Matt Cullen
Old 04-30-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My nerves is bad.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Suter has already logged 40 minutes, nbd.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky the Dragon Steenboat!

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

And there go both games.
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BICKELL!!!

Well, sweep is still in tact.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. Still played really solid and I feel better about our chances than I did before this game. Harding was great.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta give Harding props on this game. He didn't even know he was going to play and turned in a very good game. Suter did what a top-calber defenseman was supposed to do. I wonder who's going to have more left for game 2.
It looks like the Wild might stick around for a little longer than we hoped if they put up that kind of defensive effort.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOOM. I nailed the Alex Steen prediction.

I'm the first winner of the playoffs.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it'd be fantastic if we could handle the puck like an actual nhl team.
You could see it coming. I had just remarked to someone that the end of the period couldn't come soon enough since they appeared to be in momentary panic mode the last three minutes.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Looks to me like Perry came pretty close to slashing Howard's throat last night.

Island run starts tonight!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i'm over last nights loss. We didn't deserve to win, we got out played for about 95% of the game. Still, ****** way to lose...
Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good god

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I know I'm really late to the party, but can anyone explain how the NHL managed to **** up the realignment and new playoff structure so royally? Did they hire the people that realigned and renamed the Big Ten?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I really really really hated the idea of changing the playoff structure.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So, I know I'm really late to the party, but can anyone explain how the NHL managed to **** up the realignment and new playoff structure so royally? Did they hire the people that realigned and renamed the Big Ten?
Agreed. I didn't initially hate it, but now that I have been once again reminded of how great the Stanley Cup Playoffs are, I think it sucks they're changing it.

I feel like we're all going to know some of the playoff matchups a couple weeks in advance when the division standings start to stagnate.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why they couldn't keep the playoff format the same.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Kind of hoping Luongo shines tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD
I don't understand why they couldn't keep the playoff format the same.
I'm guessing they want to encourage new rivalries in the new divisions, but it's never good when you mess with your best thing.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Kind of hoping Luongo shines tonight.
Kind of disliking you right now.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Don't like Vancouver and I don't want them to win, but I found it hard not to come around to Luongo.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoffs under the new rules and divisions with is years standings:

Eastern Conference
1 Pittsburgh vs 8 Detroit
2 Montreal vs 7 Ottawa
3 Boston vs 6 NY Rangers
4 Washington vs 5 Toronto

Western Confernce
1 Chicago vs 8 Winnipeg
2 Anaheim vs 7 San Jose
3 St Louis vs 6 Minnesota
4 Los Angeles vs 5 Vancouver

Can't see much to complain about here. Hope I did that right.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Playoffs under the new rules and divisions with is years standings:

Eastern Conference
1 Pittsburgh vs 8 Detroit
2 Montreal vs 7 Ottawa
3 Boston vs 6 NY Rangers
4 Washington vs 5 Toronto

Western Confernce
1 Chicago vs 8 Winnipeg
2 Anaheim vs 7 San Jose
3 St Louis vs 6 Minnesota
4 Los Angeles vs 5 Vancouver

Can't see much to complain about here. Hope I did that right.
It would be:

East
1 Pitt vs. 8 Ottawa
2 Montreal vs. 7 Detroit
3 Washington vs. 6 NY Rangers
4 Boston vs. 5 Toronto

With the winner of Pitt-Ottawa vs. the winner of Washington-NY, and winner of Montreal-Detroit vs. winner of Boston-Toronto.

West
1 Chicago vs. 8 Winnipeg
2 Anaheim vs. 6 San Jose
3 Vancouver vs. 5 LA
4 St. Louis vs. 7 Minnesota

With the winner of Chicago-Winnipeg vs. the winner of St. Louis-Minn. and winner of Anaheim-San Jose vs. the winner of Vancouver-LA.

For this year, it isn't terrible but in the west you can see how the seeding sucks. It's just incredibly dumb that regardless of record/points, the 2nd/3rd seed from each division have to face one another in the first round. You could have the 2nd best overall record in the conference, and first round have to play someone with the 3rd/4th/5th best record instead of the 2nd worst.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote