Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
totally understand why, but it was still like.. ugh. there were rumors we were busily trying to resign him, which probably compounded the whole thing.
He won't be re-signed. They wouldn't be able to get much for his negotiating rights now because he's made it very clear he intends to test the full market.

Lots of reports that Filppula will wind up in Columbus due to their new Finnish GM and their connection.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fewer trades than I expected today overall for sure.

Only 5-6 involving regular NHLers.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

happy that the kings were able to move up and nab a kid ranked in the top 30, we've had decent luck in the 2nd round.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wonder if Alex Edler is really being shopped? Wonder what he'd command in return ...
Old 06-30-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What do we think of the Blackhawks trading away Bolland and Frolik for draft picks?

Then they (overpaid?) re-signed Bickell for 4 years, $4 million per.

It's 2010 all over again, eh?
I think it's a bit different than 2010. I think Bickell was overpaid, but that's probably what the market price for Bicks would be, but we don't have anyone to replace his skill set.

They got value from guys who are also overpaid in Frolik and Bolland. It'll be tough to say good bye to very good penalty killers, but the cap forces these kind of the casualties.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wouldn't have paid 4 million to Bickell despite him being precisely the type of player we lack.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seth Jones is a Pred and Chance Warmack is a Tit. This offseason is flippin fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sekera a lot more than McBain, but Compher was a great pick at that spot. I think the hope is that Pysyk and maybe Ruhwedel can step in and do what Rej did, which might not be much of a stretch. Was also glad to pick up Bailey later in the round. Three nice American forwards in one round is fine by me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if Alex Edler is really being shopped? Wonder what he'd command in return ...
I'd say mid round pick right now. Vancouver needs to offload his 5M cap hit, and other teams know it. Vancouver has 4M to deal with 3 RFAs and sign 3 depth forwards.

RFAs include:
Chris Tanev
Derek Joslin
Dale Weise

Tanev is the big one, and he could command a 2nd round offer sheet, ~3.4M per year.

If the team uses an amnesty buyout on Ballard, that frees up 3.8M, which will probably go towards Tanev's contract.

Still have 4M for 3 forwards. Team is lacking in secondary scoring & grit. Secondary scoring doesn't come cheap (unless they gamble on Booth reaching his previous production levels).

Last edited by Verloren : 06-30-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think this might be my least favorite sharks draft since they took justin daniels with their first pick in like 2008 or something. i just can't get over the fact that they liked mueller so much more than the other top rated players on their board that they would give up a 2nd rounder to get him. then they reach on boudreau, take a random goalie, 2 more defensemen that weren't close to being BPA (but i do like ausmus), and then 2 players i've never even heard of in the 7th.

i would do a winners and losers of the draft but i just get really sad because i would have to put san jose as the biggest loser. i will say that i really like columbus' and buffalo's drafts. only competition with san jose for worst draft would be new jersey only because they traded the 9th overall away and took probably my least favorite player in the draft in santini.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
I'd say mid round pick right now. Vancouver needs to offload his 5M cap hit, and other teams know it. Vancouver has 4M to deal with 3 RFAs and sign 3 depth forwards.

RFAs include:
Chris Tanev
Derek Joslin
Dale Weise

Tanev is the big one, and he could command a 2nd round offer sheet, ~3.4M per year.

If the team uses an amnesty buyout on Ballard, that frees up 3.8M, which will probably go towards Tanev's contract.

Still have 4M for 3 forwards. Team is lacking in secondary scoring & grit. Secondary scoring doesn't come cheap (unless they gamble on Booth reaching his previous production levels).
Whoa, not sure how you could think Edler is only worth a mid-round draft pick. Hell, I expect he's worth a young NHL ready player, a prospect and a high draft pick. I don't think he's getting traded anymore, but Red Wings people were speculating it would cost them Brendan Smith and Tomas Tatar possibly.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa, not sure how you could think Edler is only worth a mid-round draft pick. Hell, I expect he's worth a young NHL ready player, a prospect and a high draft pick. I don't think he's getting traded anymore, but Red Wings people were speculating it would cost them Brendan Smith and Tomas Tatar possibly.
and probably a 1st or 2nd round pick on top of that. i don't even know if i would do that if i was detroit.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
and probably a 1st or 2nd round pick on top of that. i don't even know if i would do that if i was detroit.
I don't think Detroit will get him (if he's even dealt at all now).

Holland was also in contact with Toronto about a defenseman yesterday (hopefully Cody Franson), but I'm doubting anything gets done despite how badly Detroit needs a right-handed shooting defenseman.

I'm not down on Brendan Smith, but I would trade him if need be for an impact player. Detroit has Kronwall, Ericsson, Kindl and DeKeyser for a nice and relatively young defense core as it stands, with 3-4 defense prospects it is very high on for a couple years down the road.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Detroit will get him (if he's even dealt at all now).

Holland was also in contact with Toronto about a defenseman yesterday (hopefully Cody Franson), but I'm doubting anything gets done despite how badly Detroit needs a right-handed shooting defenseman.

I'm not down on Brendan Smith, but I would trade him if need be for an impact player. Detroit has Kronwall, Ericsson, Kindl and DeKeyser for a nice and relatively young defense core as it stands, with 3-4 defense prospects it is very high on for a couple years down the road.
Yeah I feel the same way. Why is Holland taking so long to buy out Samuelsson?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think it will take to get Bobby Ryan?

Would an offer with Tatar, Smith, and a 2nd even be close?

Last edited by TimD : 07-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Bob McKenzie tweeted that Tim Thomas wants back in the NHL.

What teams make sense? Philly? Edmonton? Tampa?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
What do you guys think it will take to get Bobby Ryan?

Would an offer with Tatar, Smith, and a 2nd even be close?
I'd have to think that'd come close to working. Smith was a Top 30 prospect a year ago and Tatar just won the AHL playoff MVP award.

With that said, I don't think the Red Wings will pursue him if he's on the block. Doesn't seem like a Babcock/Holland type of player.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Normally I'd say high draft pick, and a NHL ready player or prospect, but Vancouver was (and still might be) in a very tight spot regarding cap space and roster.

According to Dreger, Gillis was asking for a 1st, 2nd, and top prospect from the Oilers for Schneider. I'm not sure how much of that was due to price jacking for trading to a division rival.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tatar has been in the A for four years already?? I know Detroit doesn't exactly play young guys (they never have the premium picks you'd expect to play early/they're probably still not entirely against putting Maltby out there) but you guys weren't kidding. It's definitely time to see if he can do it in an NHL scoring role.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Isles will pay DiPietro 1.5 mil for the next 16 seasons. That is really crazy to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think ends up getting Vinny Lecavalier?

Also read that Petro is looking for 7 million per year. Not sure if it's just a negotiation tactic or what. But there's no way in hell I'd give him that.

I'm a bit surprised Halak and Perron (especially Perron) are on the team still.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I heard Lumbus was a big team after Perron, so maybe that can progress a bit more now that they've taken care of Bobrovsky. Could still be a pretty wild week, despite the lack of big trades at the draft. Goalie market is still complicated but there are teams in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The Isles will pay DiPietro 1.5 mil for the next 16 seasons. That is really crazy to me.
He is getting paid $1.5 million a year to do nothing. For 16 years. That is indeed crazy. I hope he exploits this fact for entertainment purposes to no end.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Philly makes things so fun. I love their pursuit of Lecavalier. They're in such an impossible cap situation. Seriously, how do you pay that many subpar defensemen so much money? I hope Timonen doesn't retire because there is no way they can keep him after this year. They still need a goalie. Giroux, Couterier, and Schenn all impending RFA next year. No buyouts left. So much fun.

Meanwhile, the Island has soooo much money. Even after they sign Clutterbuck, Bailey, and Hamonic. I hope they somehow end up with Vinny and Miller. And then we have Brock Nelson.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Tatar has been in the A for four years already?? I know Detroit doesn't exactly play young guys (they never have the premium picks you'd expect to play early/they're probably still not entirely against putting Maltby out there) but you guys weren't kidding. It's definitely time to see if he can do it in an NHL scoring role.
He played a dozen games in Detroit this year and showed a lot of scoring ability in that short stint.

He's an odd case. He isn't old, but yeah, spent a lot of time in Grand Rapids. This season, I just don't think they could sustain having he and Nyquist and Andersson all on the roster at once. He and Nyquist alternated being on the big club.

I think he's a definite future 20-goal scorer though. There's little doubt of that.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So are you expecting basically Jiri Hudler redux from him? He's just begging for that comparison with all the parallels.