Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bummed we missed out on Scuderi, but I love our forwards:

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
O'Reilly - Stastny - Landeskog
Tanguay - MacKinnon - Downie

is an amazing top 9. Now we just need to figure out wtf we're gunna do to find EJ a partner who can eat 20+ minutes a night and give us good D. Shame Vancouver look like they'll be able to hold onto Edler cause I'd a good bit to Elliott and our 1st round pick to get him.

XXX - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Sarich

would be very solid as long as the XXX was good.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iginla in Boston. Of course.

Matt Cooke for all you Wild fans. Also traded Seto.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iginla to the Bruins.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised we moved Setoguchi, as he's a UFA after the year and wildly inconsistent. I thought we'd be able to get a little bit more for him, though.

As for Matt Cooke, well... I'm indifferent I suppose. I like the way Fletcher has constructed the bottom 6 (speed+hitting), but.. it's Matt Cooke.

Last edited by djp : 07-05-2013 at 06:48 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, **** Iginla. I guess their hand was kind of forced when Alfie chose Detroit... But...man, **** Iginla and his stupid ass.

And ROFL @ Columbus giving Horton that massive contract.

Last edited by nepg : 07-05-2013 at 07:00 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Not surprised we moved Setoguchi, as he's a UFA after the year and wildly inconsistent. I thought we'd be able to get a little bit more for him, though.

As for Matt Cooke, well... I'm indifferent I suppose. I like the way Fletcher has constructed the bottom 6 (speed+hitting), but.. it's Matt Cooke.
He'll get penalties called on him because he's Matt Cooke, but he is a great PKer and has resurrected his image since a few years ago.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Bummed we missed out on Scuderi, but I love our forwards:

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
O'Reilly - Stastny - Landeskog
Tanguay - MacKinnon - Downie

is an amazing top 9. Now we just need to figure out wtf we're gunna do to find EJ a partner who can eat 20+ minutes a night and give us good D. Shame Vancouver look like they'll be able to hold onto Edler cause I'd a good bit to Elliott and our 1st round pick to get him.

XXX - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Sarich

would be very solid as long as the XXX was good.
Can we give you Kyle Quincey back?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's guess where the remaining guys sign:

Derek Roy - Blues
Mikael Grabovski - Flames?
Mason Raymond - Islanders
Damien Brunner - Capitals?
Brad Boyes - Oilers
Dan Cleary - Ducks (though I keep hearing Red Wings inexplicably)
Tim Thomas - Panthers

EDIT: Forgot about these guys:

Jaromir Jagr - No fricken' clue
Ron Hainsey - Avalanche

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-05-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forgot Jagr to the Sabres.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brunner to the Habs kthx.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
You forgot Jagr to the Sabres.
I really don't know where to place him. He's an odd guy. Doesn't seem to have any care as to where he goes, as long as he's compensated.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Can we give you Kyle Quincey back?
Still my favorite trade of Sherman's, so no. Note the "as long as the XXX is good" part.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Let's guess where the remaining guys sign:

Derek Roy - Blues
Mikael Grabovski - Flames?
Mason Raymond - Islanders
Damien Brunner - Capitals?
Brad Boyes - Oilers
Dan Cleary - Ducks (though I keep hearing Red Wings inexplicably)
Tim Thomas - Panthers

EDIT: Forgot about these guys:

Jaromir Jagr - No fricken' clue
Ron Hainsey - Avalanche
I'd be cool with Hainsey. Really wanted Scuderi before FA started, even if we never really had a chance at him. But Hainsey on a reasonable deal would be good to.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I want the Wings to sign Joe Corvo if they can possibly swing it.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want the Wings to sign Joe Corvo if they can possibly swing it.
Why would you wish this upon yourself? Corvo is probably the worst thing ever.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Why would you wish this upon yourself? Corvo is probably the worst thing ever.
Wings need a right-handed shot on the blueline. He's just about the only one.

We wouldn't need him to ever play above the bottom defense pairing.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Good list of the remaining guys from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=677016
Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wings need a right-handed shot on the blueline. He's just about the only one.

We wouldn't need him to ever play above the bottom defense pairing.
Matt Niskanen is available.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the year I'm finally getting into hockey. I'm all in on the Islanders, I kind of just have to adjust in the spending discrepancies between them and the Yankees. That'll be fun. But can anybody fill me in a little bit on Bouchard, Regin and Clutterbuck at all if they can?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Sulzer coming back is not too surprising. Didn't think there would be a glut of interest for him and it's better to have him in the 7th D role than letting one of the kids sit. Figured he'd be the one to come back rather than Pardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
This is the year I'm finally getting into hockey. I'm all in on the Islanders, I kind of just have to adjust in the spending discrepancies between them and the Yankees. That'll be fun. But can anybody fill me in a little bit on Bouchard, Regin and Clutterbuck at all if they can?
Not the greatest haul, but the Island has to be one of the teams with the most difficulty drawing free agents. Regin is a fringe NHL player. I thought he would be a very good 3rd line player a few years ago but it just never really happened. He's the second Danish guy they have now, so that's cool.

Wild fans could probably help you out a little more on the other two. Wingers that you would normally expect to be plugged in somewhere on lines 2-3, but I never know who is going to end up playing with Tavares. Bouchard is a soft playmaker and Clutterbuck is a spacemaker that throws his body around. He has shown some scoring ability in his career, but he should probably be on a lower line. I'd like to see a 3rd line with him and Brock Nelson anchoring.

While there is some pretty good top-6 talent (just wait for Ryan Strome to really help things out here), these additions do help the Islanders be able to roll some different players throughout their lineup, as lines 2-4 can all see different combinations involving solid players like Nielsen, Grabner, Nelson, Clutterbuck, Cizikas, Regin, McDonald. I can't promise this depth will always do the responsible thing, but it can provide enough energy and capable players to have a team with a superstar in the bag compete for a playoff spot.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Sulzer coming back is not too surprising. Didn't think there would be a glut of interest for him and it's better to have him in the 7th D role than letting one of the kids sit. Figured he'd be the one to come back rather than Pardy.

Not the greatest haul, but the Island has to be one of the teams with the most difficulty drawing free agents. Regin is a fringe NHL player. I thought he would be a very good 3rd line player a few years ago but it just never really happened. He's the second Danish guy they have now, so that's cool.

Wild fans could probably help you out a little more on the other two. Wingers that you would normally expect to be plugged in somewhere on lines 2-3, but I never know who is going to end up playing with Tavares. Bouchard is a soft playmaker and Clutterbuck is a spacemaker that throws his body around. He has shown some scoring ability in his career, but he should probably be on a lower line. I'd like to see a 3rd line with him and Brock Nelson anchoring.

While there is some pretty good top-6 talent (just wait for Ryan Strome to really help things out here), these additions do help the Islanders be able to roll some different players throughout their lineup, as lines 2-4 can all see different combinations involving solid players like Nielsen, Grabner, Nelson, Clutterbuck, Cizikas, Regin, McDonald. I can't promise this depth will always do the responsible thing, but it can provide enough energy and capable players to have a team with a superstar in the bag compete for a playoff spot.
Yeah from what I've been reading it's looking like they're gonna throw Bouchard on the 1st line with Moulson and Tavares. I like the signing from everything I've read but it's frustrating not surrounding Tavares with another wing who's a bit more capable. I hope Regin doesn't take that 3rd line C spot from Nelson but we'll see about that and I'd love to see Strome make the roster from the start of the year. Pretty much every other highly touted prospect from that year is already in the NHL. I loved the Hamonic deal and I wouldn't be perhaps signing Grabovski if possible and then flipping Bailey + Picks for an actual goalie. They do have some nice forward depth though as you said, which is nice.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Matt Niskanen is available.
Too rich for the Red Wings. You're stuck with him, haha.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

As I predicted, Derek Roy has signed with the Blues. It's only a 1-year deal. Guess he's trying to rebuild his value.

EDIT: 4 million

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has to be a trade comin with the Blues. I'm 97% certain
Old 07-06-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
There has to be a trade comin with the Blues. I'm 97% certain
Of what variety? Who could be moved?