Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Sabres are going to the Cup final. You can quote me on that.
Gotta get past the Pens first!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's Burns playing with? Looks like he has 6 minutes less than Boyle. Burns can log huge minutes.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

devils looked like poop :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Who's Burns playing with? Looks like he has 6 minutes less than Boyle. Burns can log huge minutes.
He was mostly playing with Vlasic even strength. McLellan said he doesn't want to reduce Boyle's minutes too much as its still Boyle's defense.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
devils looked like poop :(
Yes, yes we did. Ilya Kovalchuk is so stupidly underwhelming these days. Terrible showing last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yes, yes we did. Ilya Kovalchuk is so stupidly underwhelming these days. Terrible showing last night.
I just don't get it. And it pisses me off that his massive contract could be what gets in the way of us not being able to keep our best player in Zach, who looked pretty damn good in his first real action back.
And Marty, while giving up 3 goals, had some pretty nice saves last night. He's still got some left in the tank
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't get it. And it pisses me off that his massive contract could be what gets in the way of us not being able to keep our best player in Zach, who looked pretty damn good in his first real action back.
And Marty, while giving up 3 goals, had some pretty nice saves last night. He's still got some left in the tank
The next couple of years are going to be real tough for the Devils if they can't get Parise back.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The next couple of years are going to be real tough for the Devils if they can't get Parise back.
Don't remind me. He's really the key in all of this. I'm extremely worried about our future once Marty retires.

I don't think the Devils as a franchise really recovered entirely from the lockout/rule changes. It's unfortunate, because for a while there I thought they had the makings of a mini-dynasty.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Avs offense sucked after the first and our D was actually what kept the game close, well our D and Varly <3, this is going to be a weird season in Avs land if the D doesn't start imploding soon cause the offense won't be that bad most nights.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devils are in absolutely horrible shape. Going to be awhile.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Devils are in absolutely horrible shape. Going to be awhile.
I can't type out the word "need" enough to stress how badly we need to re-sign Zach. Him and travis are a nice pair, hoping travis recovers well. Plus there's sex Larsson. So those 3 give me hope and boners. And I still love Elias But Marty's age and the rest of the team is just so...blah.
At least Sykora out there gives me flashbacks to the good ol' days.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I can't type out the word "need" enough to stress how badly we need to re-sign Zach. Him and travis are a nice pair, hoping travis recovers well. Plus there's sex Larsson. So those 3 give me hope and boners. And I still love Elias But Marty's age and the rest of the team is just so...blah.
At least Sykora out there gives me flashbacks to the good ol' days.
I was expecting a bigger contribution and some progression from Volchenkov as well, I was hoping he'd help solidify our defense a bit but he's been lackluster since we signed him.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I don't think Parise is a lock to stay in New Jersey at all. They have issues now, what about when Marty Brodeur retires? Do they have a young successor lined up?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well he put up good numbers today 1 goal and 2 assists, I think you guys are over reacting a bit this early in the season. I know they started off bad last year, but if I recall correctly the pens lost their first 2 games as well last year. Now if Kovalchuk doesn't get points again for a few more games, then you have a legitimate complaint/concern

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
This is why I don't think Parise is a lock to stay in New Jersey at all. They have issues now, what about when Marty Brodeur retires? Do they have a young successor lined up?
I'm just really starting to get seriously into hockey, so I'm not the best to ask on the Devils prospects, but apparently they've been liking some young goalies in their system. I know they liked that kid Frazee but again, I'm not the best person to ask.

But as a fan in general and who knows sports, I do think Parise stays. We've got some solid pieces and he geniunely seems like he wants to stay here. We really aren't that different since that miraculous end of the year run we put on, so if we gel, there is some talent there to scrape our way to an 8 seed or so. I just really think he's going to sign an extension. I know i've really got nothing to back it up, but you all as sports fans know about that "gut feeling" you get about a guy, and I feel Zach's gonna sign, but who knows?
Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wouldn't expect Parise to take a hometown discount.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo! Varlamov's pretty awesome, god am I going to be pissed when he rips his groin.

Landeskog is playing really well for an 18 year old, getting shots on net, being active and getting into the right places on the ice. Plus that third line is playing some damn fine hockey right now as O'Reilly seems to have realized that he can play offense and defense on the same shift and Winnik is just a fine hard working guy who's strong in his own zone and cycles well.

Dutchy and Staz need their wingers to get their **** together. Mueller's really rusty so I'm not going to worry about him until about a month into the season and Duke still gets it done, but Jones has been floating and Kobasew just doesn't belong on a top line. If Lindstrom's not capable of replacing Kobasew then Gali's earning his shot to go back to a top line, plus him and Staz had chemistry before his injury. There's just no way we can have staz continue being the top shooting threat on his line, his wrister's got a lot better over the years, but he's just so much better as a playmaker that we're wasting him by forcing him to not just make the plays, but also finish them.

The D looks much improved, Quincey's still very mediocre and EJ hasn't been able to sustain those periods of beastiliness he's put up yet, but the D as a whole looks pretty good. Hejda and O'Brien have both surprised the **** out of me with how not atrocious they are with the puck and they can even skate. Wilson's still a tard, but he's already gotten one big hit on his score board so far and I'm hoping it's just a matter of time until Barrie or Elliott get the bump up and replace him.

Overall the Avs have some nice things going for them right now and as the season progresses and lines change the offense should start clicking as well. Maybe the Avs won't give the Caps a lottery pick this year afterall.

God do I hope we can sign Suter or Parise this offseason. That would definitely make up for not being able to play Stefan Elliott or Tyson Barrie from day one because they don't earn enough for us to stay above the cap floor.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-10-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who'd be a good top-6 winger for you guys?

Chris Stewart.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
You know who'd be a good top-6 winger for you guys?

Chris Stewart.

Yeah, wish we could've just gotten EJ for free from them, that would've been so awesome.

EDIT: Although then we wouldn't have drafted Lando and I kinda want that kid to marry my little sister...so I'm not sure if I'd really be ok with that. Signing Parise to join Lando and EJ is much better, me thinks...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Johansson is filthy

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking for a NHL team to support. Want to get into it more this season but it's obviously a lot more fun when you have a team to follow. I'm from New Zealand so location doesn't matter. I used to sort of follow Colorado and then also Toronto so I am thinking about getting in behind one of them again properly. How are those two teams looking this year?

I guess I would like a decent young team to follow that has some potential but is not a top line team at the moment. That would be ideal.
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooo Devilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

^Also I would probably recommend Los Angeles. They've got a lot of good young players and are primed to break out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like Los Angeles you have to deal with sarf so I would advise against that.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushtaq23 View Post
Looking for a NHL team to support. Want to get into it more this season but it's obviously a lot more fun when you have a team to follow. I'm from New Zealand so location doesn't matter. I used to sort of follow Colorado and then also Toronto so I am thinking about getting in behind one of them again properly. How are those two teams looking this year?

I guess I would like a decent young team to follow that has some potential but is not a top line team at the moment. That would be ideal.
If you'd ever like your team to win a cup, I suggest you not to consider Toronto.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushtaq23 View Post

Avs looking shockingly competent. They're super young and have had a ridiculous amount of turnover over the past 3 years, I think Hejduk and Stastny are the only significant players the new regime hasn't brought in. 3 years ago this team did terrible, got the third overall pick and grabbed a really exciting Centerman. Then 2 years ago, that rookie center and our second round pick, another rookie center joined the squad alongside a couple other guys breaking out and we made the playoffs on the backs of a high scoring offense and some really good goaltending.

Then last year happened. Last year that same really good goalie got pissed he didn't get the contract extension he wanted and moped around until a deadline deal with Ottawa. Despite awful defense and poor goaltending the Avs had a top 5 offense and we're in control of a playoff spot through christmas until the injuries just became too much and the Avs finished with only 5 or 6 wins out of their last 30 games and got the second overall pick.

This year they look like they can play D and they have talented guys trying to get back into form offensively. It's exciting to be an Avs fan know cause we've got a lot of young talent in key spots. We have young franchise caliber talent at Center (Matt Duchene), defense (Erik Johnson) and Goalie (Semyon Varlamov) and we've got some really good young supporting talent including Centers Paul Stastny and Ryan O'Reilly, Wingers Gabriel Landeskog (our #2 overall pick), David Jones (who was on pace for a 30 goal season last year), Peter Mueller (who put up 20 points in 15 games with Duchene before Mueller got his first in a series of concussions and is still shaking off the rust) and Hejduk is still around. Defensively we're big but we really need one of our promising more offensive prospects to develop, fortunately both Stefan Elliott and Tyson Barrie have looked great and played well in camp and preseason so that when we can afford to the play them they should be poised to excel.

Overall the Avs are going to finish in the 6-12 range out west this year and have a **** ton of money to spend next summer, we're barely scraping above the cap floor so that the new CBA doesn't **** the team the way the last one did. So if all goes well the Avs will be in a good position to make a serious run after some of the high profile free agents coming up next season like Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. With the strength down the middle and prospects in defense the Avs are really just a couple years and a high profile winger away from being a serious perennial contender.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-11-2011 at 12:32 AM.