Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-29-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Wings waived Corey Emmerton. He's nothing special, but I'll be surprised if he's not claimed by a team in need of a fourth-line center.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drouin sent back to juniors. Bust.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Drouin sent back to juniors. Bust.
An even bigger bust than MacKinnon #shouldapickedjones
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Total bust.

Still looks like at least 6 of the top 10 picks are going to start the year in the show.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So excited for Pysyk and Risto. They're even working together on the second powerplay. That is going to be one terrible unit.

Detroit is not even ready for this Grigorenko-Girgensons third line.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pumped that Oli Maata has made the Pens for 9 games. I hope he stays up for good.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can everyone post the roster of their favorite team?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Detroit Red Wings

Henrik Zetterberg :: Pavel Datsyuk :: Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen :: Stephen Weiss :: Daniel Alfredsson
Todd Bertuzzi :: Joakim Anderson :: Daniel Cleary
Drew Miller :: Corey Emmerton :: Mikael Samuelsson
Tomas Tatar :: Jordin Tootoo

LTIR: Darren Helm :: Patrick Eaves
AHL: Gustav Nyquist (for now ..)

Niklas Kronwall :: Jonathan Ericsson
Danny DeKeyser :: Jakub Kindl
Brendan Smith :: Kyle Quincey
Brian Lashoff

Jimmy Howard
Jonas Gustavsson (injured)
Petr Mrazek
Old 09-30-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul - Nazem Kadri - Nikolai Kulemin
Mason Raymond - Dave Bolland - Carter Ashton
Troy Bodie - Jay McClement - Colton Orr
Injured/Suspended: David Clarkson, Frazer Mclaren

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarson
Jake Gardiner - Cody Franson
Paul Ranger - Morgan Rielly
Mark Fraser

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

Last edited by RufusMcDaniel : 09-30-2013 at 09:10 PM.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thought we waived emmerton, xio
They did and he cleared. He's also remaining on the opening day 23-man roster because they have open spots with four players on IR. They need a 4th-line center until Helm is healthy. Emmerton is that guy for now.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Tanguay - Stastny - Landeskog
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
Bourdeleau - Mitchell - McCleod

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich/Holden/Hunwick

With the team looking to get rid of Mitchell and Hunwick to call up Malone.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ah, i hadn't seen anything that indicated he wasn't staying in GR after clearing.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....l#incart_river

Also:
Quote:
As a reminder on the Emmerton situation. If he plays 10 games or is w/the team for 30 days, he'd have to clear waivers again. Otherwise no.
It just bums me out so much that Helm is STILL injured. Who knows if he'll ever be as effective as he once was.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

With Foligno, Tropp, Armia, and Zadorov currently on IR. Foligno should be off soon and the last two don't really figure in to immediate plans. These were the lines in practice today.

Vanek - Hodgson - Stafford
Ott - Ennis - Leino
Girgensons - Grigorenko - Flynn
Porter - McCormick - Kaleta
Scott, Larsson

Ehrhoff - Pysyk
Tallinder - Myers
Weber - Ristolainen
McBain

Miller
Enroth
Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My likely-to-be-awful NHL predictions. Be warned, I conducted exactly no research:

Playoff teams in bold

Atlantic Division
1. Boston; 2. Detroit; 3. Ottawa; 4. Toronto; 5. Montreal; 6. Tampa Bay; 7. Florida; 8. Buffalo

Metropolitan Division
1. Pittsburgh; 2. N.Y. Islanders; 3. N.Y. Rangers; 4. Philadelphia; 5. Washington; 6. Columbus; 7. New Jersey; 8. Carolina

Pacific Division
1. Los Angeles; 2. San Jose; 3. Phoenix; 4. Vancouver; 5. Anaheim; 6. Edmonton; 7. Calgary

Central Division
1. Chicago; 2. St. Louis; 3. Minnesota; 4. Dallas; 5. Colorado; 6. Nashville; 7. Winnipeg

East finals: Pittsburgh over Detroit
West finals: Los Angeles over Dallas
Stanley Cup finals: Los Angeles over Pittsburgh (I guess)

MVP/Art Ross: Sidney Crosby
Vezina: Jimmy Howard
Norris: Erik Karlsson

EDIT: Predicting these new divisions is a hell of a task.

Last edited by Xiomera : 09-30-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Xio might be even higher on Dallas than I am. I really have no idea what to expect from Ruff there. He was kind of an institution around here. Had to go, but I'm really not sure what a change of scenery does for him.

But you need to believe in 'Lumbus!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Xio might be even higher on Dallas than I am. I really have no idea what to expect from Ruff there. He was kind of an institution around here. Had to go, but I'm really not sure what a change of scenery does for him.

But you need to believe in 'Lumbus!
Man, I have no idea what to think anymore. I felt like I had a good idea of the hierarchy within my old frame of mind (the 6-division setup), but once I get past the top team in each division, it's difficult to place everyone else. I tried to play a couple hunches in my predictions. I mean, no one else would select the Islanders to be second in the Metro, right?

I kinda hate the new playoff system ...
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

The central ain't getting a WC spot this year.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
The central ain't getting a WC spot this year.
It could. The bottom three teams could be whipping boys for the teams at the top of the Central. I suspect the way the schedule is divvied up makes it tougher for a division to send five to the playoffs, especially in the smaller West.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I think some spots are pretty wide open. Like Xio said, it's not easy to predict these things after the top teams. There are very few teams that would shock me if they missed the postseason.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It could. The bottom three teams could be whipping boys for the teams at the top of the Central. I suspect the way the schedule is divvied up makes it tougher for a division to send five to the playoffs, especially in the smaller West.
The problem with the central is who is in the bottom 3? From where I'm sitting Winnipeg, Nashville, Colorado and Dallas are all on the same level and minnesota is the tiniest bit ahead. STL and Chicago are in a class of their own, but the rest of the division will be decided by injuries and luck.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the roster thing:

Montreal Canadiens

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - Parros
Bournival - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Tinordi - Bouillon
Injured : Douglas Murray, Alexei Emelin, Davis Drewiskie

Price
Budaj

Last edited by Job Reborn : 10-01-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Fantasysports247
Rookie

Fantasysports247 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do u guys think about Philly this year?
Fantasysports247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

I think they'll bounce back.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prepare your anuses for tonight Washington!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote