Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I spent an hour last night watching replays of the last 2 minutes of the cup, the celebration, videos of downtown Chicago, and the parade last night. I'm pumped.

Hopefully Crawford doesn't revert back to baby-punching inducing Crawford this year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen/Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen/Bennett-Sutter-D'Agostini
Glass-Vitale-Adams
Kobasaw(when signed)-Jefferey

Martin-Orpik
Letang-Scuderi
Niskanen-Bortuzzo
Maata-Engelland

Fluery
Zatkoff

Letang is on the IR, so I see Maata playing with Bort and Nisky moving up with Scuderi.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like 8 years, 64M for Kessel.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysports247 View Post
What do u guys think about Philly this year?
I feel quote strongly that Mason is terrible, but who knows. Still have firepower, most of which is only getting better. Worries are on the back end mostly - they'll need Timonen to remain a graceful Scandinavian beaut. Streit could be good for them, too, but there's a few question marks there. I think they end up top half of their division, right on the playoff bubble.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Chris Pronger.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Buffalo has two fan favorites sharing the captaincy while both are in the last year of their contracts. Can't think of any way a situation like this ends poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I miss Chris Pronger.
Yep.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I kinda hate the new playoff system ...
I agree. They really dropped the ball with that
Old 10-01-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, I have no idea what to think anymore. I felt like I had a good idea of the hierarchy within my old frame of mind (the 6-division setup), but once I get past the top team in each division, it's difficult to place everyone else. I tried to play a couple hunches in my predictions. I mean, no one else would select the Islanders to be second in the Metro, right?

I kinda hate the new playoff system ...
Guys! Let's change the ENTIRE playoff format AND we'll focus on promoting divisional and regional rivalries, okay?

*moves Detroit to the Eastern Conference*

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Bull and bear at wells and Hubbard is cool and shouldn't be too brotastic. Bub city on Clark and Hubbard shouldn't be too bad either.

Most places are bro central though usually.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially in that part of the city.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Galchenyuk gonna do so many dirty things this year.

- 100% forgot Briere was in Montreal now

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 10-01-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I don't mind bro-bars to watch sports in, mes que is a nice change of pace, but I feel that's usually true for soccer bars in this country. But for a sport like Hockey or Football bro-bars are fine, especially because Bro-ettes absolutely adore me.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
figured... wish i had better options. or that i didn't hate the l. bub city didn't look too bad, just empty last time i walked by, might check that out then. thanks y'all.
Bull and Bear is one of my more favored bars in River North. It can get packed on weekends, but for a weeknight hockey game not sure.

You could be brave and take a taxi up north here Lincoln Park to Pony Inn, but that's prob too far. Pony Inn is awesome though.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and Boston are the near-unquestioned picks to win the divisions. Can't be that simple, can it? Which one is most susceptible to a fall?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I don't think any of those are really locks except maybe Pittsburgh. Chicago/STL will be close in teh regular season, LA has a lot of other playoff caliber teams in their group and Boston's division is pretty tight to.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Chicago's getting a lot better with that. Still horribly segmented from neighborhood to neighborhood, but there are a lot less terrifying neighborhoods around downtown than there were.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* hell

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

!!!!!!!!

eller <3

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-01-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Pacio :(((

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
i think i was yelled at for walking through frances cabrini the first time i was here? maybe i have the 'project' wrong. had no idea it was a bad idea.
You mean cabrini green? Although I think that's been torn down by now. Definitely not a good decision though, people used to shoot out of the windows there at the passing cars, a fact many recently emigrated russian scientists and their families were often also not informed of.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eller is a stud.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-01-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Seems like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and Boston are the near-unquestioned picks to win the divisions. Can't be that simple, can it? Which one is most susceptible to a fall?
Of course it's not that simple.

I feel like Pittsburgh has the best chance of winning their division. Chicago is very likely, but something something Cup hangover. Nothing is ever what it seems in the Flortheast. Kings would probably be least likely, in my eyes.

The Kings have actually won their division just once in their 45 year history. Not entirely relevant, but I thought it was interesting. The 5-6 series against San Jose last season was the only time they've had home ice advantage in a playoff series since Larry Robinson was playing for them.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't saying I think it is simple at all. Just saying that neary every "expert" has precisely those four.

I think Detroit could take down Boston.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
possibly... i was here in like... 2007? looks like wikipedia says it was still up, and that's about the right area (i was working at kendall college, right across the river).
Yeah it was still there in 07, that was before I left for Buffalo the first time and it was still up then. Was actually trending upwards before the demolition as they'd been de-populating it steadily for a while, but still not a great place to be. That said, I've walked through some incredibly shady neighborhoods and been fine, I'm not huge or anything, but I don't scare easily and usually walk with a purpose and that'll keep you from getting ****** with in a lot of places.