Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Nicklas Backstrom won a shootout, so you must have brought some kind of magic with you. Good work.

It would be nice if we could win some of these games a little more convincingly but I'm probably being picky.
That shorty was one soo beautiful. I'm fine with us winning close as long as we don't stop winning. Jets fans are so nice, though. In fact, I think Winnipeg is the friendliest city I've ever been to. They really made that trip awesome. No one could believe that we got tickets, but I think they underestimated the power of reddit.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Too mean...

Yeah, but **** Hasek, Roy's pure unbridled fury was way more awesome than Hasek's spineless headstanding. Patrick was hockey's version of Oliver Kahn, and Ollie was my favorite athlete period...and why i fell in love with Patrick Ewing as well :-(
I have the exact opposite opinion. In my eyes, Hasek will forever be the best goalie to put on the pads. And Patrick Roy (and his sons) can go straight to hell where they belong.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasek the best goalie ? lololol

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why can't we just agree that Hasek and Roy were both awesome.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Hasek the best goalie ? lololol

I've had this debate with friends before. I think Hasek's play in the 90s behind that Buffalo team proves he was the most talented goalie in history. Obviously Marty and Roy had better careers, but I don't think anyone but Hasek could have done what he did during that stretch in the 90s. There really isn't a right answer though. Any of those 3 could be called the best of all time. I'd also throw Tretiak in the mix.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim go home you're drunk.

Brodeur >>>>>

Hasek is a glorified Tim Thomas. i said it.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tim go home you're drunk.

Brodeur >>>>>

Hasek is a glorified Tim Thomas. i said it.
Well that's just wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well that's just wrong.
He's a flopper.

I'm kidding with the glorified Tim Thomas. i would still take Brodeur over anyone ever.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a flopper.

I'm kidding with the glorified Tim Thomas. i would still take Brodeur over anyone ever.
Thanks sweetie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wild get a goal called off for a high stick on a shot where the flight of the puck clearly never even went above the crossbar. Cool.

Playing like trash anyway, but still.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I have the exact opposite opinion. In my eyes, Hasek will forever be the best goalie to put on the pads. And Patrick Roy (and his sons) can go straight to hell where they belong.
Hasek and Roy are 1a and 1b for me. The way Dominick carried those solid but unspectacular Sabres teams was maybe even more dominant than the way Patrick carried the Canadiens, but Patrick was the greatest playoff goalie of all time and that to me is the decider, although I'm pretty fine with people arguing for Hasek, unlike Brodeur, which is simply the wrong answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beating the Canucks never gets old, especially coming back and then scoring in OT. We shouldn't have won.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next three games for the Blues...

@Colorado
@San Jose
@Los Angeles
Old 11-27-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it that after winning three straight games against Minnesota, Washington and Pittsburgh, I fully expect the Habs to lose to the Sabres?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Hasek and Roy are 1a and 1b for me. The way Dominick carried those solid but unspectacular Sabres teams was maybe even more dominant than the way Patrick carried the Canadiens, but Patrick was the greatest playoff goalie of all time and that to me is the decider, although I'm pretty fine with people arguing for Hasek, unlike Brodeur, which is simply the wrong answer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-27-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Stats don't account for difference in era (the game was a lot more open and a lot more goals were scored between 1985-1993 than in the dead puck era) or playing style (Brodeur playing behind Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer on an extremely defensive team playing the trap VS Roy playing mostly on offensive-minded teams).

That's like saying Jari Kurri was as good a player as Sidney Crosby because they've averaged similar Points per game in their career.

Last edited by Job Reborn : 11-27-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You suck Job.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Job is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Why is it that after winning three straight games against Minnesota, Washington and Pittsburgh, I fully expect the Habs to lose to the Sabres?
Because they probably will. We've played teams pretty close at home lately, outside of the Blues. Plus you managed to draw Pittsburgh and Minnesota at home, and they have shown to be two of the more disparate teams between home and away results. I'm just not convinced the Capitals are more than about 4 players. That Erat trade is going quite poorly.

Plus the fact that the crowd will be half Montreal fans will make our fans actually give a crap. Worked against Toronto?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stats don't account for difference in era (the game was a lot more open and a lot more goals were scored between 1985-1993 than in the dead puck era) or playing style (Brodeur playing behind Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer on an extremely defensive team playing the trap VS Roy playing mostly on offensive-minded teams).

That's like saying Jari Kurri was as good a player as Sidney Crosby because they've averaged similar Points per game in their career.
Brodie's just trollin'.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You suck Job.
You usually like that.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Matt D'Agostini is a pretty pointless waiver claim, but I guess most of our roster is kind of pointless, so

I'm really just in it for the Girgensons - Grigorenko - Adam line, at this point
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You usually like that.
Maybe I do, but that's beside the point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-27-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Ericsson got a 6-year extension worth $4.25M per season.

Seems quite reasonable for a guy that is, at worst, a good No. 3 defenseman.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Have no faith Job!

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Patrick needs to dose the Blues players before the next game and then brainwash them into thinking it's a playoff game. God I'm starting to hate that team.

Quote: