Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They like using classic NHL teams...

New Jersey should have been the team to get it over Philadelphia this year, though. Colorado and Minnesota are two other teams that should get a Winter Classic game. Detroit-Colorado could be epic in Denver.

I'm guessing Detroit will get the home game next year. Seems like that's how they're doing it. Giving the home game to teams that were away teams previously.
New Jersey and New York is the same TV market basically. That won't draw the ratings.

Detroit has several venues the game could be hosted at. The Big House, Spartan Stadium or Comerica Park would all work.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ******* annoyed with the Red Wings schedule.

Last week, they had four full days off between game days. This week they have five days off between game days.

What the **** is with that? And pretty soon they'll be stuck with four games in five nights when they go on west coast trips.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Those Flyers jerseys look the same as the ones from 2 years ago.

I still don't know why the NHL put Philly back in the WC so soon. I completely understand putting the league's big market teams in the game, but the Flyers are neither an elite team or in a particularly hockey-crazed city.

Would have rather seen Tampa, Chicago or Detroit involved. Lots of star-power to showcase and none of them have been in it in the last 2 years.
Man, I'm hurt. You would call Detroit more elite than Philly? Or are you saying that they have a good combination of the two factors you listed?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Man, I'm hurt. You would call Detroit more elite than Philly? Or are you saying that they have a good combination of the two factors you listed?
The biggest knock I had on Philly was that they only had 1 winter classic between appearances. They're obviously on the short list of teams that fit all the criteria (competitive, enough star power, big market), I just think there are other teams that also fit the bill that hadn't been in one at all or so recently.

Related note, this is the short list of teams I think the NHL would award a Winter Classic to:
Detroit, Chicago, New York Rangers, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington, with Buffalo and Tampa as a step down, and Colorado only if they become more competitive.

That's a very limited group.

Last edited by Xiomera : 10-17-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharks look downright terrible. They do not deserve to win this game at all.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God **** me for actually watching that piece of **** game.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the Sharks look really sloppy to start the season. They've been turning it over a bunch and are having a ton of trouble breaking out of the zone. They just cannot pass the puck right now.

I'm liking Burns though.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kings are finally home, about damn time. No Drew tonight so Slava Voynov will make his debut, kid is a stud.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I was wondering what you guys think of the Letang suspension. Personally I don't feel the play warrants a two game suspension, but I am biased being a penguins fan, so I was wondering what non penguin fans think of the suspension.

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
I was wondering what you guys think of the Letang suspension. Personally I don't feel the play warrants a two game suspension, but I am biased being a penguins fan, so I was wondering what non penguin fans think of the suspension.
Probably deserved a game and a hefty fine.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ottawa having nearly a 50% chance at Yakupov worries me.

It is not at all too early for this post.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's super early but I expected more out of the Heatley/Koivu/Setoguchi line that what we've seen so far.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller just got played by a hockey player named Raphael.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Vanek has such a pretty snap shot. Just beautiful. Hasn't been held off the scoresheet yet, this year.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It's super early but I expected more out of the Heatley/Koivu/Setoguchi line that what we've seen so far.
Do things for Minnesota teams ever work out the way they are supposed to?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Do things for Minnesota teams ever work out the way they are supposed to?

Not at all. Seto in particular looks underwhelming.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They looked a little slow, looks like Yeo put Bouchard up there for now. Still way early. They looked amazing on opening night, but Columbus isn't exactly the best team in the league I suppose.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Scandella...son of a ***** that was bad.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Probably deserved a game and a hefty fine.
For Burmistrov being a total jackoff and turning his back at the last second?

BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I'm going by Shanahan rules here. PM Bouchard got 2 games for getting his stick lifted
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Yeah I know. Most of these suspensions are horseshit. Shanahan is teaching players to keep their head down and turn their back as they're going toward the boards. The opposite of how it's supposed to be. I've basically lost all my respect I had for Shanahan. I still think the guy was a good player in his time, but his Disney fairy princess act is getting old quick.

I hope somebody saw the dive Semin had a couple weeks ago where he acted like he got hit in the head and the guy that hit him got a 5+gamer.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only got to listen to the game, but James ******* Neal. Hopefully he gets to play with Sid when he gets back. Neal is going to break out in a huge way.

Oh, and the Pens are dropping like flies. Again. Ugh.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Anze makes that lob pass look so ******* easy.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Hooray for Schenn being called up to the show. He just dominates every other level.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still bummed I won't be able to see Schenner become awesome in a Kings uni, but Richards is the exact player we needed to take us to the next level.