Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-29-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Vanek, how much do you guys think he will make in free agency this summer?

With an ever-rising cap from here on out, 8.5 million/year is only the starting point, no?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Speaking of Vanek, how much do you guys think he will make in free agency this summer?

With an ever-rising cap from here on out, 8.5 million/year is only the starting point, no?
His best season is 84 points. 6 years ago. I pity whoever pays more than 5, maybe 6 millions.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
His best season is 84 points. 6 years ago. I pity whoever pays more than 5, maybe 6 millions.
I wouldn't give that to him, but seriously, top free agents almost never become available anymore. With a limit on the length of deals, annual salary will rise. No more Parise-like contracts.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's nice to face a goalie who is a sieve
And everything went horribly wrong.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. Marian Gaborik and Dany Heatley are both likely to not be re-signed. I'm not entirely sure the Sharks can afford to keep both Marleau and Thornton (though Dan Boyle also leaving might help). Markov could definitely hit the market. Paul Stastny isn't a sure thing to stay in Colorado. Iginla might just become available again. It seems to me there could be plenty of fish in the sea, and Vanek would certainly not be the one I'd break the bank for.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Dany Heatley
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
lol Dany Heatley
He used to be a thing. But yeah now he kinda sucks.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's fine if you don't like Vanek as a top player, skating or defensive play or whatever you want to call him out on, but 5 million probably isn't getting you a Vanek these days. He was very good in 2010-11 and excellent once again last season, which was the best ppg of his career and probably helped to build up his profile heading into a contract year that, while not outstanding by any stretch, has not been too bad. Something in the 30-40-70 range for production is not an unfair expectation for a whole year from Vanek, so I'm guessing whoever signs him is doing so with the hope of top-20ish forward production in the foreseeable future. Semin got $7 million in a long term deal during the season, albeit from a team that also gave Jordan Staal six million. Consider that's what Vanek already makes and the cap is going up, he will likely be paid handsomely. Kind of weird if you think that Tavares is set to make just 5.5 for the next five years, but the world's a twisted place.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Germany beating the Czechs...
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Russia finally faced a real team, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Germany beating the Czechs...
Well yeah, only chumps would lose to the Czechs. It does set up an interesting relegation situation should the Czechs lose to Slovakia tomorrow, though I suppose it is still possible for both to finish above Canada :D
Old 12-30-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was bad. I still think they can play with the top teams.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

As do I, especially with Vasilevski in net. Tomorrow should be fun all around, even if the Swiss can't feasibly escape the relegation round.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well yeah, only chumps would lose to the Czechs. It does set up an interesting relegation situation should the Czechs lose to Slovakia tomorrow, though I suppose it is still possible for both to finish above Canada :D
Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Mantha player of the game for Canada.
1G 3A
I believe he now has 4G and 5A in 3 games.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Anthony Mantha player of the game for Canada.
1G 3A
I believe he now has 4G and 5A in 3 games.
How the **** did this guy fall to #22 overall?

I was scared out of my mind the Wings were gonna lose him when they dealt down from 20 to 22 in the draft.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How the **** did this guy fall to #22 overall?

I was scared out of my mind the Wings were gonna lose him when they dealt down from 20 to 22 in the draft.
This makes having Sammuelson and Cleary suck that much more.
Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist and Mantha.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-30-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol @ Canada.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Canada is going to get destroyed by the Americans.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
This makes having Sammuelson and Cleary suck that much more.
Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist and Mantha.
Mantha isn't NHL ready.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Mantha isn't NHL ready.
Neither are Cleary and Sammuelson.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

So freaking excited for tomorrow's Winter Classic alumni games. You can count the missing players from the 1997-98 Red Wings Cup-winning teams on one hand.

The most prominent missing player from those teams is Bob Rouse. Everyone else is there. Amazing

Last edited by Xiomera : 12-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

The lack of Sundin makes me sad. Also, makes me sad that I'll probably miss most of the game.

Stupid work.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

so hey Jimmy Howard why are you so bad?
Old 12-30-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
so hey Jimmy Howard why are you so bad?
it happens when kyle quincey plays in front of you.

also, somethingsomething buffalo has 26 points because that refutes anything bad you say about jimmy.