Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Looks like we got two 2nds from Minnesota but also gave two to LA. Plus a 3rd to Washington, so kind of a net loss of picks today but a nice prospect out of it. Fasching is really the only thing we got that excites me, and I guess the picks from Minnesota are solid recoup. Neuvirth is nothing special but can take starts during a rough period, Klesla is just an expiring salary take, Mitchell is just another roster player. Really not too sure how much I expect from Deslauriers but Jensen gave the good word on him.

Some people thought Myers could have been moved, but 1) I don't know if anyone really likes his contract and 2) He has been so good lately I don't want him to go he will be the best

Current roster looking something like:

Hodgson, Stafford, Ennis, Stewart, Leino, Girgensons, Foligno, Conacher, Mitchell, Flynn, D'Agostini, Konopka, Ellis, Scott

Ehrhoff, Myers, Tallinder, Klesla, Weber, McBain, Sulzer

Enroth, Neuvirth

My goodness.
I really like what the Sabres did at the deadline. They're setting themselves up really well for future. I really like Deslauriers as a prospect once they shifted him to forward this year. He's got a nice hard shot and he's physical, probably a poor man's Chris Stewart if he keeps progressing. Since this is his first full year at forward I think he could end up being a steal. Downside though is he was playing on the best team in the AHL so his numbers could be inflated, but I think he'll be able to keep his production up and he could get a cup of coffee next year depending how bad the Sabres are.

Detroit definitely overpaid for Legwand, but let's be reasonable here. Detroit just committed career suicide for Jarnkrok because we all know he'll rot and die off in Nashville just like every other promising offensive prospect they've ever had.

I have no idea how Garth Snow is employed because that was one of the worst deadline deals I've ever seen. Vanek for a second and a stock-plummeting Sebastian Collberg? Really? REALLY? So basically you gave up Moulson and a 1st for two 2nd's and Collberg. Excellent asset management there Garth.

The Bruins made a nice trade today with the Flyers. I have no idea how Andrew MacDonald fetched a higher draft pick than Andrej Meszaros since Meszaros is superior in just about every facet of the game, but whatever. This is probably the most underrated pickup of the deadline. He'll flourish in Boston like most defensemen do.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit is going to re-sign Legwand. That doesn't make me feel much different about how much they gave up, but I'll take it, I guess.

I think Darren Helm will be traded this summer if anyone believes he's healthy.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I have no idea how Garth Snow is employed because that was one of the worst deadline deals I've ever seen. Vanek for a second and a stock-plummeting Sebastian Collberg? Really? REALLY? So basically you gave up Moulson and a 1st for two 2nd's and Collberg. Excellent asset management there Garth.

The Bruins made a nice trade today with the Flyers. I have no idea how Andrew MacDonald fetched a higher draft pick than Andrej Meszaros since Meszaros is superior in just about every facet of the game, but whatever. This is probably the most underrated pickup of the deadline. He'll flourish in Boston like most defensemen do.
That should actually read giving up Moulson, a 1st and a 2nd for Collberg and a 2nd, just so nobody underestimates just how much Snow ****** up.

And yeah, Chiarelli is still the best.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as potential goes, how does mcdavid match up? Haven't really dig into the prospect pool yet for the draft as the pens rarely have picks now.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Detroit is going to re-sign Legwand. That doesn't make me feel much different about how much they gave up, but I'll take it, I guess.
awesome, another forward to jam up the lineup. at least we have a lot of depth in the system at C now.

Quote:
I think Darren Helm will be traded this summer if anyone believes he's healthy.
i can't imagine anyone will want him. it's like trading cleary, but for different reasons.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, Meszaros is terrible. Injuries destroyed him and now he's basically a 7th defenseman who can chip in offensively. For every goal he creates, he concedes at least two to the other team. The Bruins' strong D system might cover those deficiencies, but he's still not very good. Plus, the 3rd changes into a 2nd when/if the Bruins reach the Eastern conference Final.

I wish my Sharks had the cap room to bring back Christian Ehrhoff. He's exactly the piece that they're missing.

Quote:
As far as potential goes, how does mcdavid match up? Haven't really dig into the prospect pool yet for the draft as the pens rarely have picks now.
McDavid is available for the 2015 draft. Some say he's the best prospect since Crosby. I think Tavares was better in the OHL when he was 16 than McDavid is right now, but Connor's got an higher upside. Great skater and just like Crosby, he has strong legs which provides him fantastic balance; he can't be push off his skates. McDavid is the smartest player on the ice and a great stickhandles. All those assets make him a very dangerous offensive player, but he also has a two-way element in his game.

2015 looks like an excellent draft. Jack Eichel is surprisingly challenging McDavid for the top spot of that draft. He was picked up by the Halifax Mooseheads but decided to go the US Nat Development team route instead. Wish he would have reported to Halifax. Drouin, Eichel and Ehlers (an danish player who just scored three consecutive hat tricks) playing together would have been so so sexy. 2015 draft also has Noah Hanifin, an american defenseman who is better right now than Seth Jones was when he was the same age.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
awesome, another forward to jam up the lineup. at least we have a lot of depth in the system at C now.

i can't imagine anyone will want him. it's like trading cleary, but for different reasons.
Helm has value, but he has to be healthy.

What I can't wrap my head around is what they'll ever do with Stephen Weiss. He's awfully similar to Legwand if both are around and healthy. So Franzen and Zetterberg never play center again next year? Having Datsyuk, Weiss, Legwand, Helm, plus Sheahan (and Andersson?) at center is a lot ... Glendening too because Babcock loves him.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glendening is terrible, though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Helm has value, but he has to be healthy.

What I can't wrap my head around is what they'll ever do with Stephen Weiss. He's awfully similar to Legwand if both are around and healthy. So Franzen and Zetterberg never play center again next year? Having Datsyuk, Weiss, Legwand, Helm, plus Sheahan (and Andersson?) at center is a lot ... Glendening too because Babcock loves him.
i agree, but he hasn't really been healthy in almost 3 years. no one's going to take him on for any real value at this point. it might be different if he'd been able to play all season this year.

i think andersson gets moved first.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Go with Bucs147's response, but I felt like I should add this from last night:

Old 03-06-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

-47 corsi don't give a ****. Suck it, captain Stamkos. We are gonna blow this tank so hard!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gary Thorne calling the Minnesota high school hockey tournament. Pretty awesome, and makes me miss the NHL on ESPN.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is depressing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun game between the Pens and Sharks.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though the Pens lost, my man crush for Olli Maata grows each and every game. Kid is a stud.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:29 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

**** the avs. such an awesome young group of players moving forward. and none of them are stuck in lake erie for decades while over the hill douchebags continue to get the majority of the ice time. landeskog and mackinnon would be lucky to see the joe before 2020.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garth Snow has this asinine idea that the Islanders are on the verge of being great, despite that terrible roster they have. There's no way he doesn't keep this year's pick.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice pass and backcheck, Sid.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ha, Deslauriers looks like he might already be playing for us tonight. Girgensons and Stewart both got hurt yesterday, so him and Adam were called up.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Ha, Deslauriers looks like he might already be playing for us tonight. Girgensons and Stewart both got hurt yesterday, so him and Adam were called up.
I saw that too, excited for him. I liked what I saw from him at prospect camps and reading about Deslauriers as a prospect, even when he was a d-man. He's such a smooth skater and he transitioned so easily to forward that its scary.

I would be excited too about Fashing, 18 year kid, who is lighting it as a Freshman and looked good at world jrs? He was looking more like a 4th round steal, plus, he's dreamy.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
**** the avs. such an awesome young group of players moving forward. and none of them are stuck in lake erie for decades while over the hill douchebags continue to get the majority of the ice time. landeskog and mackinnon would be lucky to see the joe before 2020.
I'm all for developing prospects correctly, but the Wings need to reevaluate how they operate. It's getting ******* ridiculous.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I'm all for developing prospects correctly, but the Wings need to reevaluate how they operate. It's getting ******* ridiculous.
Nyquist not starting the year with the team is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Nyquist not starting the year with the team is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Cory Emmerton played 10+ games with the Wings this year. I fully understand why Calle Jarnkrok was frustrated.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I feel like Mantha will get pissed off in 4 years when he's sitting in AHL after breaking 500 records.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yeah but Sammuelson and Tootoo and Cleary or something

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote