Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iginla just scored his 30th of the year. Damn this team is good.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever fumbles their way into the last playoff spot is gonna have a bad time.

Jersey's next 3 games are the Island, Panthers, Sabres. I'd almost have confidence in them jumping some teams if they weren't really bad themselves.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bergeron is such a stud

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
why is Rinne horrible
Haha yeah he was beyond awful last night, we might have scored one good goal out of the seven we scored.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From number 1 pick to playoff bound. Not too shabby Avs!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gustav Nyquist, my hero.

10th goal in 8 games to give Detroit a 2-1 lead on the Leafs.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Gustav Nyquist, my hero.

team mvp by far right now.

<3 helm.

Last edited by njx9 : 03-29-2014 at 07:23 PM.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Gustav Nyquist, my hero.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh my god kyle brodziak get the **** off of my team.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren Helm hat trick .... Whaaaaaat?

Bye, Toronto.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That play from Smith...two games of no bitching from me...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big win for Minnesota at Phoenix

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
My main beef with Bylsma is that he seems to refuse to make adjustments and has a love affair of short gritty players because that's how he was. I just don't think he's right for this team. I don't necessarily hate his system, I just feel like he has no adjustments to make it better and tries to plug square pegs in round holes.
I haven't talked to a single Pens fan who likes Bylsma. It's a joke he was the bench boss for team USA.

Fleury is terrible and I won't say otherwise until he delivers a good performance in the playoffs. The Isles probably win that series last year had Vokoun not saved the day (and Nabokov not been ****** himself, even then).

But the biggest question I have as far as coaching goes is how Mike Yeo is still employed. Too bad PHX didn't win tonight, I'd of rather seen Dallas and Phoenix in the playoffs than the Wild - that probably won't happen now. Lehtonen/Smith could make a series interesting...the Sievegalov/Kuemper duo is going nowhere in the playoffs.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see the Wings when Datsyuk and Zetterberg get healthy. Xio, what will the lines look like? Did they just tell Weiss to go away for the season?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:27 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Big win for Minnesota at Phoenix
Big time. Could still be a close race for all three, especially with the Stars pulling a nice win in St. Louis. Dallas-Phoenix on the last day of the season could be big fun.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Iginla just scored his 30th of the year. Damn this team is good.
Wish Bylsma didn't screw up with him because I was convinced Iginla had a lot left and would be a nice winger for Sid.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iginla was stupid to turn down the B's trade. He's a perfect fit for a team whose forwards are all two-way players. I'm still pissed about last year's trade.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
I haven't talked to a single Pens fan who likes Bylsma. It's a joke he was the bench boss for team USA.

Fleury is terrible and I won't say otherwise until he delivers a good performance in the playoffs. The Isles probably win that series last year had Vokoun not saved the day (and Nabokov not been ****** himself, even then).

But the biggest question I have as far as coaching goes is how Mike Yeo is still employed. Too bad PHX didn't win tonight, I'd of rather seen Dallas and Phoenix in the playoffs than the Wild - that probably won't happen now. Lehtonen/Smith could make a series interesting...the Sievegalov/Kuemper duo is going nowhere in the playoffs.
MAF has had his fair share of issues, but the defense doesn't help him out at all. The back end pretty much guarantees you'll have a clear front of the net presence that it's depressing.

Health and coaching are gonna kill the Pens this year in the playoffs.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Stupid likable Flyers players. Be a different team!
Old 03-30-2014, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I can't wait to see the Wings when Datsyuk and Zetterberg get healthy. Xio, what will the lines look like? Did they just tell Weiss to go away for the season?
it will be hard to fit all the forwards on the roster with a ton of centers.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Weiss probably won't play the rest of the season. Babcock won't insert him into the lineup if he's able to play the last 3-4 games. He's been out too long. I doubt Ken Holland will buy him out this offseason, but barring a big rebound and return to health next year, he'll be gone a year after that. He has effectively missed two full seasons now due to injury and the lockout.

Zetterberg (and Jonathan Ericsson) won't return before the postseason, assuming Detroit makes it.

As for next season, you might see lines like this:

Henrik Zetterberg :: Pavel Datsyuk :: Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen :: David Legwand :: Daniel Alfredsson
Gustav Nyquist :: Riley Sheahan :: Tomas Tatar
Tomas Jurco :: Darren Helm :: Drew Miller
(Joakim Andersson :: Luke Glendening :: Stephen Weiss)

That's assuming Alfredsson returns for one more season, Legwand re-signs (Babcock isn't mightily impressed so far, however), and Jurco doesn't spend part of the season in Grand Rapids (lame, but perhaps likely). This also assumes the Wings don't make a splashy free agent signing up front. They will have the money to do so.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
it will be hard to fit all the forwards on the roster with a ton of centers.
I'd bet that any offseason trade ships out a guy like Joakim Andersson. Maybe Holland surprises me and buys out Stephen Weiss (4 years, 20 million left UGH). It's unfortunate that the failure of the Weiss signing is probably gonna make Holland gun shy to sign another significant free agent. Wings have plenty of cap space and could add an impact defenseman and forward if they wanted to.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston's D was awful today. Philly got off 52 shots. Boston somehow won a shootout. Their only weakness.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Gustav Nyquist just scored his greatest goal yet. He would have been awarded a penalty shot, but just fought through the penalty and scored anyways.

BEAST

EDIT: Video of the goal: http://twitpic.com/dzutle

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-30-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote