Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Red Wings gave Luke Glendening a 3-year contract extension today. Looks like Mike Babcock has locked up his new Dan Cleary (and he has even less scoring ability!).

Bottom line is this probably means Tomas Jurco spends the start of next season in the AHL. He'll get the Nyquist treatment of overqualified minor leaguer stuck in Grand Rapids because of an overcrowded roster.
That treatment seems to be working quite well.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Red Wings gave Luke Glendening a 3-year contract extension today. Looks like Mike Babcock has locked up his new Dan Cleary (and he has even less scoring ability!).
glendening has been terrific lately as a shutdown player. i'm not sure why you're so against it. he's a 4th line center, hardly the new cleary.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
glendening has been terrific lately as a shutdown player. i'm not sure why you're so against it. he's a 4th line center, hardly the new cleary.
Advanced stats indicate he's being overrated. And he's now gone 50+ games without a goal and it's not like he's just snakebitten. He has no offensive game. Eye test says he struggles to clear the puck on the penalty kill, too.

Babcock loves him kinda irrationally given how little impact he actually makes. Much like Cleary, hence the comparison.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacioretty is unstoppable.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For roughly $600,000 a year, I'm totally behind the Glendening deal.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So has Backes always reacted like a little ***** when teenagers that he has 30 pounds on throw him to the ground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
For roughly $600,000 a year, I'm totally behind the Glendening deal.
Yeah, I don't care about the cost. I'm fine with him being here. It's just that I know it'll cost Jurco a roster spot when the regulars are healthy.

EDIT: Funny, I type this comment and Glendening scores his first NHL goal 15 seconds later.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glendening!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Well, this has been a fun period.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Well, this has been a fun period.
Less fun now.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Photo of the night:

Old 04-06-2014, 02:06 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were some great ones. Bordeleau dangling through a couple blues to try a hook was great to, the ref butt scooting out of the line brawl in the third was hilarious and bordy had a few moments on the bench that where just classic. All around it was a fun game, but one that pissed off at the end because a captain shouldn't be tackling, mounting, and throwing punches at an 18 year old he has 30+ pounds on just cause that child reverse hit him to the ice.

Quote:
Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even realize that Philly was still in danger of dropping below Lumbus into a wildcard spot. Looks like I'm a Sabres fan tonight!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have started Gibson at the Olympics.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Preds gonna win out and make the playoffs? Almost certainly.

All of you. Talk hockey. Don't make me predict a Sabres victory tonight.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to talk hockey anymore.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'm sure the leafs won't collapse next year.

edit: dammit phoenix.

Last edited by njx9 : 04-08-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Fine, so I bought tickets to one of the playoff games in chicago for me and my friend cause I haven't been to the united center to see a hockey game since tanguay was on the avs the last time.

Then last week tickets went on sale for the games in denver, and just cause it's only a 5-6 hour drive from here, and my sister's around there with a coach i can crash on if I wanted to be cheap, I looked at the prices for those games. For the difference in price I could've gotten amazing seats, flown to denver and back, and murdered a cop while in Denver and gotten away with it.

**** you denver based avs fans.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

nevermind, i take back what i said earlier. now just win in OT. though i'd have liked if you'd won in regulation.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues are playing like a bunch of ole geezers! Congrats Dallas on the 1st round win!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Blues are playing like a bunch of ole geezers! Congrats Dallas on the 1st round win!
As if you're going to even keep that 1 seed.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

lol and now the blues are doing their best to give the avs first in the division so my tickets in chicago become totally useless...at least they'll sell well and I'll make some money on this.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

leafs lololol

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So what's Galchenyuk been doing this year? Haven't seen much of him other than getting into an almost-fight with Karlsson last week. Also can I have Vanek back?