Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now we wait on Stastny's shock decision to sign in Buffalo and lead the rebuild to greatness.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL.

Ducks are in for a rough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Against their rival nonetheless. But I know a lot of obnoxious Bay Area sports fans so this is hilarious/awesome.
Hey now....
Old 05-01-2014, 12:05 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so disgusted with the Avalanche that I want to puke. Blew a lead 3 frickin' times and choked the entire season and series away.

I don't get how people can accept losing so easily "Thanks for the Great Season!" yada yada yada.. I'll thank you when you win a championship.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Holy ****! defense and quickie stepped they game up.

Now it's time for the first ever so cal playoff series...
Congrats sarf, the Kings did a hell of a job coming back to take the series. Quick really locked it down in those last 4 games (.963 save%, damn).

You guys better take out the ******* Ducks.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Now we wait on Stastny's shock decision to sign in Buffalo and lead the rebuild to greatness.
Shouldn't you be busy setting up your own cameras so you can track what Ryan Callahan is buying at wegmanns this summer for hints about where he will be playing?

I hope staz stays, he's been absolutely amazing and our best forward this series and second best skater all year. He and Landy just have such great chemistry as a shutdown line and with MacK hoping on their line when Patty calls on it they're just nasty. I think he stays though, he's been with this team since Sakic was on the ice with him and suffered through the whole rebuild having sacco taking any winger he could get going and trying them with Duchene once his wingers would go down. His family are a part of this organization's history, he and his wife own a business in colorado, and he's come out and said he'd take a discount to stay if that's what it takes, so I think we'll probably wrap him up for around what he's making now, maybe with a slight raise because he sure as **** has earned it.

Getting to be the star for the Blues will be tempting, and if they can scratch together the money to make him a bigger offer I won't be surprised if he did leave, but at I just haven't felt to worried about losing him all year as he just seems to be so ecstatic to be part of this with a coach who doesn't just appreciate him but who relies on him heavily in positions where he can succeed.

I'm just expecting us to move some combination of PAP, Pickard, our 2015 first and Elliott if he doesn't win an NHL spot with us in camp, for either an oldie like Erhoff, Campbell, or Enstrom (would love it if Markov and Montreal decided to part ways as he'd be so perfect right next to EJ), a reclamation project like Edler/Kulikov or an NHL ready prospect caught in a numbers game like Despres or Gormley.

If PAP is part of it then we'll go after a middle 6er like Kulemin or Goc who can be a complimentary piece on a scoring line, or play a more traditional 3rd line role when we stack the top 6, kinda like McG does for us.

But those are the only changes I see happening, and I'm not sure Patrick and Joe will even be that aggressive in pursuing a dman since Elliott should join the team in camp this year, with Bigras and Siemens following suit in camp next year. But I hope they are, this team needs experience but you can gain experience in the 2nd round and beyond, and a vet like one of the guys I mentioned, combined with some better luck with health and Elliott waiting in the wings in case Barrie goes down again puts us into the second round next year with a good chance to claim the division's playoff banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings are going to dismantle the Ducks.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I'm so disgusted with the Avalanche that I want to puke. Blew a lead 3 frickin' times and choked the entire season and series away.

I don't get how people can accept losing so easily "Thanks for the Great Season!" yada yada yada.. I'll thank you when you win a championship.
lol because the kids were amazing this year, and this has been a huge positive step for this organization. We weren't going to win it all this year no matter what, but having our best player out the first five games of the series, having Malkin out the whole series leaving us with no secondary scoring, Barrie being taken out in game 3, and Varly looking mortal, we still took a good Minnesota team to 7 games and had it on our sticks to win. That's a great season after where we were in the dark sacco days. So shut the **** up, you can jump back onto the bandwagon next spring.

Quote:

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 05-01-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:12 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm all for Paul going to St. Louis on the condition that they bring back Yan.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately for you I haven't been on the bandwagon. I've watched the Avalanche since I was a young pup.. the teams with Sakic, Foote, Hejduk, Forsberg, Roy, Tanguay, etc..

I'm sorry, but we just lost in the Playoffs after being up the series 3-2 and having a great regular season where it seemed sometimes we were unstoppable. And then lose in the 1st Round.. well, *choke* the 1st Round.

I'm just a bad loser, especially right after the game.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I'm all for Paul going to St. Louis on the condition that they bring back Yan.
While I've been trying to prepare myself for that possibility, I'd be so pissed. The Blues are the one team I hate for realsies and hope we eliminate them in the first round from next season until MacKinnon and the rest of our kid retire. Like I hope there comes a year where they tank their last few games just to lose the division so that they can eliminate the blues again. **** the Blues.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Unfortunately for you I haven't been on the bandwagon. I've watched the Avalanche since I was a young pup.. the teams with Sakic, Foote, Hejduk, Forsberg, Roy, Tanguay, etc..

I'm sorry, but we just lost in the Playoffs after being up the series 3-2 and having a great regular season where it seemed sometimes we were unstoppable. And then lose in the 1st Round.. well, *choke* the 1st Round.

I'm just a bad loser, especially right after the game.
...so did most people currently on the bandwagon, doesn't mean they kept watching when the rebuild started...

And if you managed to suffer through the sacco years and you're not happy as **** with this season that's on you being completely irrational.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Just because I don't get to watch every game, certainly doesn't mean I'm on a Bandwagon. 99.9% of the time the team has been on Altitude and I don't get to watch them.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

So you didn't watch how brutal the sacco years were? Not that I blame you, I couldn't watch Sakic's final years as the team dug itself into a deeper and deeper hole by going all Calgary-with-iginla. And at least those teams still made the playoffs while Sacco's teams were always frustrating, even when they'd be getting good results. Even with such a harsh end to our run this season has just been a delight and marvel from day 1.

Or are you just ignoring that we started all 4 of Wilson, Guenin, Benoit and Holden on d today? If things go well this summer 1 of those guys will be in the lineup at a time on most nights, and hopefully two of them aren't even on the team eating nachos. This year has been crazy and is just the start of great things to come in avs land.

Plus we pissed off every single advanced stats jackass who kept trying to claim we'd come down to earth any moment. Defying Corsi to the bitter end, and that earns us extra points. Roy being hockey's attempt to have a Jurgen Klopp earns us a few more. And our kids being so awesome completes it. This was an amazing year and if you're disappointed with it you can go cry about it to yourself cause that's on you for having no clue where this team was, what we had brewing and how amazing seeing it all finally clicking under competent guidance after having to scream through my screen for Sacco to stop playing Hunwick-Zanon 23+ minutes a night was.

Quote:

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 05-01-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:58 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good job Kings, now bring on the ducks

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:57 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We should have won 5 of the first 6 games. Don't act so surprised.

Elllllllllllll goddammn Nino.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:07 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Step up your game Colorado and play the superior version of Immigrant Song.
Wait wait wait, what version is the superior one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Wait wait wait, what version is the superior one?
Reznor's remix.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Oh hush, the refs have been horrible both ways all series long. If after 7 games you can't get over it, you've got issues. Refs suck in the playoffs and cost both teams wins. That's playoff hockey, you have to beat your opponents and the refs, just like your opponents have to beat you and the refs.
As far as knee jerk reactions go, I don't think it was that over-the-top given that you were gifted a goal in a Game 7. This wasn't a missed delay of game penalty.

Either way, it was one hell of a series. I think I chewed my nails down to the cuticles last night. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with that Avs top line for the next umpteen years. Bring on the Blackhawks!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:33 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
That stastny line was sooooooo close to putting it away on both shifts. *sigh* what a series, what a year. Wild played great and their youth needs to get love. I'm a huge fan of Haula's, Nino was great all series, Brodin really stepped up as the series went along, Coyle was a force and FBJ really made **** happen. Both teams will be pushing the Hawks for Central Division title for years to come.

Now patrick and Joe, it's time to get to work on finding that dman we need to complete this team.
Brodin <3

Charlie Coyle had a fantastic series. He's an absolute monster around the boards.

I'm terrified of Colorado's future though, MacKinnon looked like a Patrick Kane/Crosby hybrid at times in the series. Crazy talent.

Bring on Chicago...
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NHL once again kills the Rangers on scheduling, second series where we are the only series to have back to backs. Also 3 games in 4 days after one day rest.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
NHL once again kills the Rangers on scheduling, second series where we are the only series to have back to backs. Also 3 games in 4 days after one day rest.
I don't get why they put the back to back on the travel day. Not that Pittsburgh or Philly to New York is far. But wouldn't you think the back to back would be between games 1 & 2 or 3 & 4.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring it Minnesota.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish nothing but the worst for Nino
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
The teams you're facing don't get more rest between games, so how are the Rangers treated unfairly or whatever's your point?

Last edited by Job Reborn : 05-01-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second round picks

Blackhawks over Wild in 6
Kings over Ducks in 7

Bruins over Canadiens in 6
Rangers over Penguins in 6

How utterly boring.