Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Jarome Iginla on the Red Wings. There are rumblings.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Pretty curious as to just where Ho-Sang ends up going.

Anyway, Murray has been talking for a while about trying to get back into the first so I've been getting some not too terrible thoughts about guys in that same range. Currently have 3 picks between 30-50.
He'll go in the 20's and someone will get a steal. I wish the Sharks would take him but i know he doesn't fit their stereotype. My favorite players in the 1st outside of the obvious top 5 are Sonny Milano, Nikolaj Ehlers, Ho-Sang, Nick Ritchie, and Dylan Larkin. Larkin doesn't have as much offensive potential as the others, but he's got everything you look for in a player. definitely captain material. I wouldn't touch a d-man in the first unless it's Ekblad or Fleury. maybe Honka.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love to get one of Ehlers or Ritchie.

Of course there is that rumour that pops up every year that says we are interested in the guy who will go 1st overall. Its like no ****, everyone is.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dylan Larkin is from my hometown and I had no fricken clue til the other day.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I want Jarome Iginla on the Red Wings. There are rumblings.
Yep, I agree. Have you heard anything regarding Alfredsson? I'd be very happy with the following forward unit:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Iginla
Alfredsson
Nyquist
Sheahan
Abdelkader
Helm
Tatar
Franzen
Miller
Glendening
Weiss
Andersson/Jurco/Mantha/Callahan for the last spot

This would allow us to throw some money to a defender and sign our young players. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded young players for a proven NHL defender (Andersson, Jurco, Callahan, Kindl, Lashoff all could be used as bait)
Old 06-26-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nyquist got a second place vote for the Hart. Award voting never disappoints in its awfulness.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving $35 million to Ryan Callahan, yay or nay? I like Tampa's young guys, I guess if they're good enough to not make them rely on where their money is then the older ones can still be quite valuable, but it feels not quite right. Always been a fan of his and I hope for good things for Tampa and Callahan for as long as we're bad anyway.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obiously love Cally as a Rangers fan, but that is a bit much for his talents.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Giving $35 million to Ryan Callahan, yay or nay? I like Tampa's young guys, I guess if they're good enough to not make them rely on where their money is then the older ones can still be quite valuable, but it feels not quite right. Always been a fan of his and I hope for good things for Tampa and Callahan for as long as we're bad anyway.
$5.8 million/year for a glorified third liner. no thank you.

BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh kesler to anaslime, barf
Old 06-27-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Don't get any crazy ideas now, Vancouver.

Wonder what the Spezza front is looking like.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of speculation that Berglund could be dealt tonight during the draft. Would be sad to see him go, he's a solid all around player, I just don't think he ever developed into the goal scorer every Blues fan thought he would.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Well Garrison's homecoming went well. He'll be an interesting piece in Tampa.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So much happening! Dorsett to Vancouver, who I heard could be looking at Tyler Myers (?)

Ribeiro bought out, he'll turn 35 during the year but at least it's an interesting name heading in to free agency.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch 2h
The Blues have been the most active bidder on Spezza. They went in to today having up the ante. #Sens
Wouldn't mind it. Blues need goal scoring in the worst way.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Cap coming in lower than expected? Dis gon b good.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

69 million, cap is set.

Reports say it'll climb near $75 million for 2015-16.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

McGee, someone was talking about Tyler Myers to Detroit. Why are the Sabres even entertaining a trade of him? He's young enough to be part of the fully rebuilt roster in 3-4 years.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

There have been rumblings that Murray isn't too big on him. Myers never quite puts it all togeter but I think he makes sense to keep around through this as not only someone who can still be pretty good, but even just as a cap floor contract for the more immediate future. He's a fun, useful player that not many want gone, but if Murray thinks he can set us on a preferred course by moving him, then bleh. I don't want to see him gone, especially just for us to take on bad contracts.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Neal in Nashville will be interesting. Still has one darn good shot but the playmakers aren't quite there. Hornqvist could pot a few in Pittsburgh, as well.

Reinhart :D
Old 06-27-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I like Robby Fabbri for the Blues. We are desperate for some scoring. Some really good talent left on the board, hopefully one of McKowen, Barbashev, Lemieux or MacInnis fall. And **** the Kings for taking Kempe. I really wanted him.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I knew Ho-Sang would be the pick when the Island jumped up.
Also enjoyed Lumbus landing Milano.

Barbashev on the board. I like this.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Neal go, but his immaturity will not be missed. Pumped for Hornqist though. Not as dynamic as Neal, but a solid goal scorer himself. Wish they got a pick, though.

Also, I was so shocked to see Kasperi Kapanen fall. Won't be ready for a few years, but he's going to be solid next to Sid or Geno.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

picks i liked:

9) Winnipeg - Nikolaj Ehlers
16) Columbus - Sonny Milano
21) St. Louis - Robby Fabbri
28) NYI - Josh Ho-Sang

picks i didn't like:

12) Arizona - Brendan Perlini
13) Washington - Jakub Vrana
17) Philadelphia - Travis Sanheim
23) Colorado - Connor Bleackley

BoneKrusher
Old 06-28-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Where do you guys think Paul Stastny goes? Does he stay in Colorado?