Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what the Sabres did. I was hoping to land Reinhart all year, Murray had a great first draft. Very refreshing.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Wings picked the kid who attended my high school. That's just bizarre.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
picks i liked:

9) Winnipeg - Nikolaj Ehlers
16) Columbus - Sonny Milano
21) St. Louis - Robby Fabbri
28) NYI - Josh Ho-Sang

picks i didn't like:

12) Arizona - Brendan Perlini
13) Washington - Jakub Vrana
17) Philadelphia - Travis Sanheim
23) Colorado - Connor Bleackley
Really like Ehlers for Winnipeg.

I want to see Perlini put it together. I do.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Red Wings picked the kid who attended my high school. That's just bizarre.
Seeing them pick that early was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
I love what the Sabres did. I was hoping to land Reinhart all year, Murray had a great first draft. Very refreshing.
Reinhart was our guy to get, yeah. Lemieux is solid, Karabacek will be interesting, Cornel is probably the guy I have been least excited for out of all our 2nd rounders from the past couple years, but he's fine. With our 6th pick of the draft I'll take the shot on Bryce Martin. Solid haul for another year, with that marquee forward being so important.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ecstatic with Fabbri and Barbashev. Well done Blues!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is the first sharks draft i've actually liked in as long as i can remember. schoenborn in the 3rd is probably my favorite pick. super underrated power forward playing on a stacked portland team. he's going to breakout next year and surprise a lot of people. vanier in the 4th is probably the riskiest pick, but in the 4th you take that chance every time. huge d-man with a cannon of a shot and a mean streak. i'll take it if he can fix his skating issue.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ehrhoff, bleh. It makes sense as this was the best way to get rid of him, but who is going to replace those minutes? He was one of our better guys and obviously we don't care too much about trying to be good right now, but who gets top line minutes other than Myers? We are going to have to add some bad contracts. Can't wait. Even so, could be time for Pysyk's full shot and whatever they have in mind for Risto. Mike Weber is the only other guy with a decent amount of experience and he borders on being a scratch every night.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Dal Colle and Ho-Sang, Islanders are SERIOUSLY stacked with young talent. In about 3 years this team is going to be making major noise.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Where do you guys think Paul Stastny goes? Does he stay in Colorado?
Since the Avs initial offer was apparently at 6per, I'm pretty sure we get him to stay. Especially if we can bring the hoff in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
picks i liked:

9) Winnipeg - Nikolaj Ehlers
16) Columbus - Sonny Milano
21) St. Louis - Robby Fabbri
28) NYI - Josh Ho-Sang

picks i didn't like:

12) Arizona - Brendan Perlini
13) Washington - Jakub Vrana
17) Philadelphia - Travis Sanheim
23) Colorado - Connor Bleackley
Bleackley? Really? He seems like such a colorado guy in the vein of Landy and Factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Purcell for Gagner. Pretty similar contracts, couple of offensive players that weren't really considered among the best young forwards on their teams anymore. Just looking for a better fit, I suppose.

- and it's not in Tampa for Gagner, which makes some sense. To Phoenix he goes!

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 06-29-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Nate Thompson gone now, too. Tampa making room after already giving money to Callahan and Garrison.

I like Thompson a lot for what he does, but it's a relatively big contract for what he does. Should be a good player for a competitive Anaheim team.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:45 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the Blues could trade Ryan Miller's rights to the Canucks. At least that's the late night rumor here in St. Louis.

What a disappointing trade that turned out to be. If I had to grade Miller's performance, I'd probably give him a D+ He just wasn't that good for us. Shame we're not going to have a first round pick next year. Praying we can pick up a solid 2nd line Center in FA.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 06-30-2014 at 03:50 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daniel Briere has been traded to Colorado for P.A. Parenteau.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I knew PAP was on the block but the Avs must have really wanted that second year free, because that comes off as quite a downgrade.

Sabres not even qualifying Conacher. Del Zotto and Matt Perreault a few other notables not tendered.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I knew PAP was on the block but the Avs must have really wanted that second year free, because that comes off as quite a downgrade.

Sabres not even qualifying Conacher. Del Zotto and Matt Perreault a few other notables not tendered.
We will give you Scuderi for a 3001 conditional pick.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAMN YOU, STEPHEN WEISS!!!!!!!

(Sorry, I just wanted to say that before free agency opens.)
Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

It's Stastny or bust for the Blues tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
We will give you Scuderi for a 3001 conditional pick.
May just have to do it!

Dreger listed some notable teams of interest for Legwand as us, Toronto, Islanders, Florida lololololol. I always liked him, if he's going to a bad team anyway then I would gladly take him.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

There's rumors that Florida will give Dave Bolland a 6 or 7 year deal worth close to 5 million per.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
There's rumors that Florida will give Dave Bolland a 6 or 7 year deal worth close to 5 million per.
We've found this year's David Clarkson!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SURPRISE TWIST!

Leafs give him that before he reaches FA.

Because Mimico.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Why has Nikolai Kulemin fallen so far? Th Pens are really interested in him to play with Geno, but he hasn't had a good season since 2010-2011.