Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Gaustad was acting like a madman last night but his tail was between his legs while he received an ass beating from Lucic

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see Ryan O'Reilly playing this well. Probably followed him more than any other junior player when he was shining in Erie. Haven't caught many Avs games this year, but it seems strange that he's not getting time on the kill. Don't feel like he'd need to pushed from that role, even after they got McClement. But if his offensive game is blossoming this much, then whatever works.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Nice to see Ryan O'Reilly playing this well. Probably followed him more than any other junior player when he was shining in Erie. Haven't caught many Avs games this year, but it seems strange that he's not getting time on the kill. Don't feel like he'd need to pushed from that role, even after they got McClement. But if his offensive game is blossoming this much, then whatever works.
The kid's line has been leading us in Ice time all season, plus this season he's been taking a much more offensive role. Last year he was very hesitant about jumping into the play as he was so focused on staying defensively responsible, this season I think they're making a concentrated effort and making him feel comfortable enough to play O as well and 21 points in 27 games is a good result. That's why he's now playing on the PP and not the PK and why he's splitting the defensive shifts with McClement, who's really turned it on since we moved Dutchy to Staz's wing and started giving McC more than 4th line minutes.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Vikings being terrible, the Twins being terrible, and the Wolves being the Wolves, I am so incredibly thankful the Wild are good this year. My fanhood needs this.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the change from divisions to 4 conferences is becoming official. The playoff system is also radical/awesome.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604852

I love it!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd swap Carolina and Buffalo but I get both ideas. I still really like it.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Last edited by TheBoyWonder22 : 12-05-2011 at 09:44 PM.
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder what will happen a few years ago to add teams to the 7 team conferences in the East.

Plus, seems like there can be re-seeding after 2 rounds? which means all western or eastern cup finals sounds intriguing. The playoff format is not set yet, they will vote on that in March.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love this new format. I'll have time to look it over and consider all of its intricacies tomorrow, but it alleviates the problems many teams (not just Detroit) had with the old format.

Well done, NHL.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks pretty good to me. Not sure on the playoff format yet though...

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I think I'd swap Carolina and Buffalo but I get both ideas. I still really like it.
I'd be pretty livid if they separated us from Boston. Nobody gives a **** about the Canes, anyway.

Haven't fully looked at the playoff format (it's not even all decided yet) but I think there's a real good chance I don't like it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It fixes the Wild's completely ridiculous travel schedule, so I'll take it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I'd be pretty livid if they separated us from Boston. Nobody gives a **** about the Canes, anyway.

Haven't fully looked at the playoff format (it's not even all decided yet) but I think there's a real good chance I don't like it.
I was saying because I like the idea of all New York teams staying together. I completely forgot about you and Boston. If they did switch them though, those rivalries would be fun.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely looks interesting and opens up the league to adding 2 teams waaay down the road (EC only though).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Definitely looks interesting and opens up the league to adding 2 teams waaay down the road (EC only though).
Or shifting Phoenix elsewhere. That is now an easy task.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I was saying because I like the idea of all New York teams staying together. I completely forgot about you and Boston. If they did switch them though, those rivalries would be fun.
It wouldn't be too difficult to form rivalries with the Pens, Rangers, and Flyers, that's for sure. I like sticking with the Northeast teams, though, and I'm sure traveling Canadian fans enjoy it, as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is quite the dramatic change. I did not expect that. That being said, I kind of like it. No more west coast for the Wild!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Here is the new alignment, in pictures (i didn't make it)

i like the changes, there's going to be some cons of course.

i think the playoff format should be first 2 rounds within the conference, then re-seeded. yay or nay?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

There had to be a better combination for those two eastern divisions, but frankly, I don't care, **** the east coast.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pens, Caps, Flyers, Rangers in one division is nasty.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
There had to be a better combination for those two eastern divisions, but frankly, I don't care, **** the east coast.
Not really. They couldn't break up NYI/NYR/NJD and only take two of the three. The only other viable option would have been taking PIT/PHI, but that would have messed up a bunch of other things. FLA/TB now benefit from an extra game or two from the Canadian teams which will be huge draws for them.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Not really. They couldn't break up NYI/NYR/NJD and only take two of the three. The only other viable option would have been taking PIT/PHI, but that would have messed up a bunch of other things. FLA/TB now benefit from an extra game or two from the Canadian teams which will be huge draws for them.
Well, I've seen plausible alternatives pitched by the ESPN hockey writers.

Like I said, the East can suck it up and deal with it.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Tootoo suspended 2 games. Man, Ryan Miller really can't catch a break.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two Florida teams would probably be out of place no matter how you slice it up.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
The two Florida teams would probably be out of place no matter how you slice it up.
Yes, though it strikes me as a little odd they aren't grouped with Carolina since the Canes are the only team that's really near them. Not sure if what they have is a rivalry, but they've been division-mates for a while.