Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Karlsson is only a -7. Actually, if you count ongoing action, he now has 27 assists and is -3.

While on the subject, Jared Cowen's offensive game is heating up. He now has 8 points and is +8 in 9 games in December.
Pardon me, I've been drink.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Turris to Ottawa for Rundblad and a second round pick...the sens are crazyyyyyyyyy

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, seems like a bit much for Turris
Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no clue who runblad is but coyotes can not get a top 10 pick to do anything

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless it's OEL, since he's already pretty badass.

Rundblad on his 3rd team already is a little strange, but I would not hate the value they got for Turris.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Wings are obliterating the Kings in this first period. It's already 3-0 halfway through the period.

Have the Kings fired their coach yet? They will after Christmas ..
Old 12-17-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We fired Murray on Monday, but won't get Sutter in till this Tuesday, which was stupid. Kings look just as lost out there.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck it, McGee.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Chris Stewart? I hardly ever notice when he's on the ice for the Blues. 15 goals in like 25 games when he got traded to the Blues last year I had high hopes for him this year. If we get him rollin and Perron Stays healthy, this could be a fun season in St. Louis.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Habs need a new team, not a new coach. (Though Jacques Martin really did suck to the highest standard.)

Some people around here are talking bout bringing in Patrick Roy as new coach, I'd be all for it. I don't recall him ever having a losing season as a coach/gm in the Q. Would be respected and all the ****. Fans would be ecstatic. Players might like having a fiery coach. Perfect candidate. Still, I doubt this happens.

On a side note, I love Lars Eller. Habs should play him with Kostitsyn and Cole for a crazy good line. (And stop ******* hampering every single player's offensive potential. AK, PK, Lars and Pleky have so much offensive upside they could unleash if they were ever allowed to, goddamn it.)

Last edited by Job Reborn : 12-19-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...nscoach-french

I hate Quebec.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
hey be nice, my mothers french canadien :)

and to be honest, i kind of see where theyre coming from. if a huge portion of your fan base speaks french, wouldnt you want your head coach to communicate to them without a translator? just my thoughts
Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post

and to be honest, i kind of see where theyre coming from. if a huge portion of your fan base speaks french, wouldnt you want your head coach to communicate to them without a translator? just my thoughts
That should be a DISTANT second to winning a championship.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I really do understand that part for the Canadiens franchise. What I don't understand is Quebec in general.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the Habs have as many Swiss players as Québécois, but if they care more about cultural representation than competitive play, then all the power to them.

Sabres called up Marcus Foligno and Derek Whitmore. So pretty much sign with Rochester if you want a shot at the NHL this year. Too soon for Foligno. Whatever. He'll get to play against his brother if he cracks the lineup tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
That should be a DISTANT second to winning a championship.
yeah obviously
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Or at least make an effort towards learning the language.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
but it's french. then he'd have to talk to french people. and canadians.

edit: eberle's a hell of a player.
I don't think Crawford speaks that much French to begin with, but he did take a lot of classes.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Or at least make an effort towards learning the language.
The problem I have with it is that you're seriously limiting your coaching search if you are requiring them to speak a language that only 30% of your country speaks. What the move really says to me is that the Quebec government wants someone from Quebec to get the job. The number of NHL ready coaches in one ******* province would seem to be low.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
The problem I have with it is that you're seriously limiting your coaching search if you are requiring them to speak a language that only 30% of your country speaks. What the move really says to me is that the Quebec government wants someone from Quebec to get the job. The number of NHL ready coaches in one ******* province would seem to be low.
Oh I agree. I'm just saying that the people in Quebec liked Crawford a bit more when he made an effort to learn the language rather than none at all. Just getting the positive PR is a good thing.

After taking a look at the HCs in the AHL, probably the closest available candidate would be Clement Jodoin (Hamilton) who used to coach for MTL, and had HC gigs with Halifax, Lewiston, and Rimouski. I wonder if he's next in line for the MTL gig even though he hasn't been that successful at the major junior level.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Roy.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-20-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Markstrom <3

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I hope Florida can get a playoff taste and generate a winning atmosphere/some more fan support as all of their young talent starts to come through. I also hope Huberdeau is healthy in time for the tournament.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

This season in Buffalo is just terribly unexciting. It's not fun to watch. People don't want to call out the coaching because of the injuries, but the whole ******* team is a mess. Roy/Stafford/Gaustad, three laughable assistant captains, are ******* terrible and they've been going all year, with just one respectable stretch from Roy between them. Getting guys like Gerbe, Hecht, and even Boyes back would be nice. But the majority of the core outside of Myers is healthy right now and they don't know what the **** they're doing.

I have no idea why they won't put Luke Adam back on the top line. Let's just play him less than every other forward, instead.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OEL & Rundblad are gonna be on the same line

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote