Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Tim Gleason would have been a great fit for Detroit, but Carolina surprisingly re-upped him and good for them. There really aren't that many good d-men available for trade right now which is why Gill went for a lot more than he should have.
Detroit wanted him bad. A buddy of mine met Kirk Maltby (Wings scout now) at an out-of-town airport this week and he was pretty candid telling him who Detroit had been looking at. Said they were bummed when Gleason re-signed.

EDIT: My buddy is NFLDC poster, Wingy. I probably could have just said that, haha.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone seeing this goal in the Wings-Sharks game? Under review ... I always thought if the puck landed on top the net, the whistle blew. Maybe they say it was never settled on the net?

Either way, Sharks are on the board.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Wingy btw ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Still, the trade market is almost non-existent at this point, especially for defensemen. Holland saved all this cap space and now isn't putting it to good use. The Wings haven't made a deadline deal of note in years. They've saved their assets for exactly this situation where they're along the 3-4 elite teams. Anything short of a Cup is failure since the window of having Lidstrom is closing.
Have I got just the player for you...physical with a capital F. Former allstar, played with two other Original 6 teams, from the University of Michigan

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Where is Wingy btw ?
In Pittsburgh, busy with his career. (How lame). Still randomly posts in the Lions forum though sometimes.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Have I got just the player for you...physical with a capital F. Former allstar, played with two other Original 6 teams, from the University of Michigan
Komisarek? Hahaha, no thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Komisarek? Hahaha, no thanks.
Phaneuf, maybe?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Phaneuf, maybe?
Got anyone else? haha.

Need a right-handed shot.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Got anyone else? haha.

Hmmm..I like Franson sorry....there's always Schenn I suppose.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Hmmm..I like Franson sorry....there's always Schenn I suppose.
Wings want expiring contracts, I'm sure. They'll have some reshaping to do this summer. Want the fluidity.

Is Grabovski getting re-signed or traded?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see if the blues do anything, Ben Bishop has been the only name I've heard around here when talking about trades.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

I hope he gets re-signed...traded, I can't see it with us still clinging to a playoff spot, otherwise it'll just extend the drought of not making the playoffs, which will probably happen with Grabovski.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who knows more about minor leagues and prospects wanna give me an estimated ETA for the development/arrival of some of the top Wild prospect like Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, and Scandella? And any chance we resign Harding? And what do we have for tenders in our system? Mainly a djp question unless anyone else knows.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Granlund could play next year, but I don't know if he'll come over or not. Kid is going to be a STUD! I love him, he is one of my favorite prospects. Hopefully Minny's system doesn't destroy him. Coyle used to be Sharks property, he will probably sign an ELC at the end of this year if I had to guess and report to the AHL unless he has a good camp. I haven't really kept up with him since he left the Sharks and I don't really follow the Q so not too sure how he's progressed since he switched. Brodin is probably still at the very least a year away. I think I posted a scouting report of him for another Wild fan after the draft if you wanna go look at that. Don't really know Scandella so can't help you out there.

There is no way Harding resigns with the Wild to be backup again. I think he's proved he is a starting-calibre goalie and somebody like Jersey or Tampa will pay him big money.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I didn't know you were Canadian, Jensen.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Anyone who knows more about minor leagues and prospects wanna give me an estimated ETA for the development/arrival of some of the top Wild prospect like Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, and Scandella? And any chance we resign Harding? And what do we have for tenders in our system? Mainly a djp question unless anyone else knows.
Granlund = 100% certainty that he's on the Wild next season, probably won't put up gigantic numbers right away but anything is possible with this wizard

Coyle = Could possibly make the team out of camp next year, but more likely 2013.

Brodin = 2014. I expect ups and downs for the first few years of his NHL career. Outside chance of 2013, but I doubt it. Still very frail.

Scandella = he's already been in the NHL quite a bit, only got sent down bc of a bad stretch but has looked really good since returning.. I think he'll have a solid career, hopefully he finishes strong this year.

We won't re-sign Harding unless Backstrom is traded (and he won't be since he has a no movement clause). Matt Hackett is a very nice goalie prospect and filled in for a few games when Harding/Backstrom were out. Wouldn't surprise me to see him as the full time backup next year, but I can see Fletcher wanting to go with more of a veteran to let Hackett play consistently. If not next year, 2013-2014 seems like a good bet.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodin definitely did not look strong at all during the WJC, and his vision didn't impress that much either. He is pretty fleet but I'd have to think he's still a while away.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ducks are now 5 pts out... after being 21 out on jan.1

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hey McGee, is Paul Gaustad on the trade block like I'm hearing?

I'm hoping the Wings can get him. I'd love to add his faceoff ability (56.4%) and size.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Got anyone else? haha.

Jared Spurgeon would be a pipe dream lol.

Wisniewski? 5.5M cap hit though. And there's the whole trading within division...
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey McGee, is Paul Gaustad on the trade block like I'm hearing?

I'm hoping the Wings can get him. I'd love to add his faceoff ability (56.4%) and size.
I would have to think so. Regier seems like he wants to wait until deadline day to decide if he wants to sell (he's an idiot). Gaustad has an expiring contract and definitely isn't getting a raise. He gets a lot of hype for his faceoffs, which he is pretty good at, but has not been the player we expected him to be over the past three years. He has played his best hockey over the past month though, alongside Kaleta. Shadowed Malkin line all game today, was awesome on draws, and even picked up the eventual game winner. I think he'll be in demand at the deadline. A shame, three years ago he seemed like a guy who would be wearing a letter in Buffalo for his career.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Jared Spurgeon would be a pipe dream lol.

Wisniewski? 5.5M cap hit though. And there's the whole trading within division...
Haha Wisniewski bashed the Wings before signing with the Bluejackets. He said something about how the Wings expect free agents to take less money to play with them and he refused to do so. And thank god he didn't take a dime less. He's a total bust.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I would have to think so. Regier seems like he wants to wait until deadline day to decide if he wants to sell (he's an idiot). Gaustad has an expiring contract and definitely isn't getting a raise. He gets a lot of hype for his faceoffs, which he is pretty good at, but has not been the player we expected him to be over the past three years. He has played his best hockey over the past month though, alongside Kaleta. Shadowed Malkin line all game today, was awesome on draws, and even picked up the eventual game winner. I think he'll be in demand at the deadline. A shame, three years ago he seemed like a guy who would be wearing a letter in Buffalo for his career.
He seems like a perfect player for the Wings' needs ... if only he was a right-handed shot. I imagine Ken Holland will be after him. I've heard a rumor or two.

How physical is he? He'd probably center a line with Dan Cleary and Drew Miller or something.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

He uses his strength on faceoffs and in establishing position around the net, mostly. Bangs around a bit, has received a lot of grief lately for not always fighting/being super physical (see: Lucic-Miller situation). Honestly, I don't think the way he shoots factors into his value much. He can win a faceoff in any direction and all of his scoring comes in the blue paint.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
He uses his strength on faceoffs and in establishing position around the net, mostly. Bangs around a bit, has received a lot of grief lately for not always fighting/being super physical (see: Lucic-Miller situation). Honestly, I don't think the way he shoots factors into his value much. He can win a faceoff in any direction and all of his scoring comes in the blue paint.
Wings don't really need him to score. They'll want a guy who can win faceoffs, muck it up in corners, forecheck and hit. Sounds like he's good in most of those areas.

Now I've gotten my hopes up on another player who appears to fit their needs, haha