Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And TB turns Quincey into a 1st from Detroit.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting trade.

I like the Quincey acquisition. I never wanted this guy to be let go in the first place. One of the only true mistakes Ken Holland ever made was choosing the aging Chris Chelios over Quincey.

I do wonder, however, if the Wings almost would have been better with Steve Downie (if that was ever a possibility at all. He's a right-handed shot, gritty player, who can score some). Just a random thought. He probably doesn't fit the Red Wings' style. Quincey does.

The 1st round pick price tag might be a little steep, but he's an RFA this summer, meaning he'll be great insurance if/when Stuart goes back to one of the California teams to be with his family.

I just hope the Wings can acquire a third line forward still (Paul Gaustad being my top choice).
Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have an assessment of Quincey's play this season? I'm sure some of you have seen him play more times than I have this season ...
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with Xio.
I hope they still make a move for a offensive guy especially with Dats missing the next 2 weeks.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller is having a darn fine game, but the first thought that comes to mind is that the Isles are really quite terrible at finishing.

Two more for Stamkos in the first period. Why not, let's get 60.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Detroit, I would have got Downie before Quincey but it was probably never offered...Quincey was on my list of possible surprise players to be traded at the deadline. Not sure if he's worth a 1st rounder, but with ******* Hall Hill traded for a 2nd I guess it makes more sense.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Howard standing on his head, but the Hawks finally put one away.

Howard has been real, real good.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really like what I've seen out of Jimmy Hayes, first NHL game of his that I've seen. Huge body, softer hands than I anticipated. Be interesting to see how he does to end the year.

also, Duncan Keith is so damn good. Composure with the puck is ridiculous.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
If I'm Detroit, I would have got Downie before Quincey but it was probably never offered...Quincey was on my list of possible surprise players to be traded at the deadline. Not sure if he's worth a 1st rounder, but with ******* Hall Hill traded for a 2nd I guess it makes more sense.
That was one of the first thoughts I had. Downie is the physical pest of a player they might have liked, and a desperately needed right-handed shot ... But the Wings were more eager to get a defenseman. Quincey is a good one, and they've already said they're gonna sign him after this season. They got their guy I guess.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Jimmy Howard standing on his head, but the Hawks finally put one away.

Howard has been real, real good.
I was worried he'd be rusty after a 3 week layoff. Too bad his return coincides with the loss of Datsyuk. It's crazy how weak this team looks offensively without him.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez, when did the Sharks blow that division lead? Pacific teams might be the most interesting to watch at the deadline.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Geez, when did the Sharks blow that division lead? Pacific teams might be the most interesting to watch at the deadline.
Sadly, they're 1-4-1 on this 9-game roadtrip. Also, they play 17 games in 31 days in March. They may collapse big time.

Dreger says the Sharks are a contender for Rick Nash, but he says they won't give up Couture to do it (thank God). So ... how the **** are they going to acquire him? They don't exactly have much left to trade. Any rumors floating around out there?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sadly, they're 1-4-1 on this 9-game roadtrip. Also, they play 17 games in 31 days in March. They may collapse big time.

Dreger says the Sharks are a contender for Rick Nash, but he says they won't give up Couture to do it (thank God). So ... how the **** are they going to acquire him? They don't exactly have much left to trade. Any rumors floating around out there?
I've heard the Sharks would only be in on a potential deal for Nash if it came during the offseason. I think Columbus will wait to trade him til the draft, but he'll end up in Los Angeles. Bernier is the key. Columbus needs a young goalie more than anything.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Sharks acquire Rick Nash I will flip ****. He is massively overpaid for what he brings to the table. If any of Couture, Pavs, or Clowe is involved it's an automatic non-starter. Only player I wouldn't care to lose is Havlat, but he's injured.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Detroit will end up with Steve Ott, they'll still get a hustle forward I bet
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not in favor of the Sharks going after Nash either. That contract is huge and we'd likely have to give up someone in our top 6 + a 1st rounder or something like that. I'm tired of not having 1st rounders and we don't have any really good prospects at the moment.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell happened with Steve Mason?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
What the hell happened with Steve Mason?
Seems like he lost confidence in the guys in front of him.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think Detroit will end up with Steve Ott, they'll still get a hustle forward I bet
ugh id hate to root for a guy like that but he would fit a need
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Doubt it VERY much. Ken Holland will not want someone with 2 relatively expensive years remaining on his contract. That could prevent them from signing Parise or Suter, something they certainly have the funds to pull off right now.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...it-in-detroit/

The Gaustad talking picking up a little

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...it-in-detroit/

The Gaustad talking picking up a little
I'll be ecstatic with the trade deadline moves for Detroit if it happens.

He'd be great centering the third line between Drew Miller and Dan Cleary.

Then the fourth line could be Tomas Holmstrom-Darren Helm-Justin Abdelkader.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vermette to Phoenix

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone scratch Tuomo Ruutu off their lists. He is about to sign an extension with Carolina. Ugh.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Everyone scratch Tuomo Ruutu off their lists. He is about to sign an extension with Carolina. Ugh.
4 years, $19 million. Done deal.