Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2011, 02:41 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cargo Shorts

So my best friend (from Jersey, goes to BU) is living in North Carolina this summer for an internship. Hubbercraft's style has always been band tees, jeans, and cargo shorts, with the occasional polo when necessary. The kid rocks a grizzly beard, and is probably the best person to party with I know.

Anyway he wrote this "letter to the editor" concerning cargo short wearers in the South. He said he wrote it sarcastically, and then it got put up on some frat douche website. Hes getting ripped apart in the comment section and has already received some hilarious facebook messages.

My question to you fine gentlemen is are cargo shorts out of style?

http://totalfratmove.com/528569
Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the fb convos hes had.

Quote:
c.j. aikman: You cargo short wearing geed. I would haze you untill you can't breath anymore.

me: did they ever teach you what sarcasm is on the farm? you either can't take or can't understand a joke. go play with your cattle.

cj: Sorry geed, It's a ranch,It's way nicer than your little Cape Cod liberal ****, but since you're the yankee geed that you are, you wouldn't now what a ranch is. The South would haze you hard, but you're probably in one of those non-hazing fraternities. Plus Boston blows dick. Go Rangers! And The South Will Rise Again.Go die geed.

me: you may be illiterate.

cj: Hahah i may be illiterate but, at least I'm not a cargo short wearring geed.

me: wow. several people have messaged me to give me **** but out of all them you are by far the dumbest. congratulations. i'm sure losing your virginity to a steer was magical. perhaps under the moonlight after mom and dad went to sleep? i bet a nostalgic tear is rolling down your fat cheek just thinking about it

cj: Hah, Pretty funny, so why don't you come down to Texas, so I can show you how a true fraternity man conducts himself, or you can stay in Boston and stay the cargo short wearing gdi that you are.

me: you're right. you've convinced me. i repent. with hard work and a little bit of luck maybe i can be just like you. if i have any questions along the way i'll surely bring them to you

*cj aikman sent you a friend request
the ironic thing is he was born and raised in Houston before he moved to switzerland then jersey haha

Last edited by TimD : 06-26-2011 at 04:40 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:57 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a person born and raised in the South (Louisiana), I can only hang my head in shame at the responses this Southerner had. "The South will rise again"? All I could do was shake my head at that comment. That is lackadaisical, redneck propaganda if I've ever heard (and trust me, I've heard plenty).

I would like to know what a "geed" is. Having lived 28 years on Earth and pledged to a fraternity, I have never once come across such terminology. I was hazed relentlessly and never once, nor have I ever, held it as a badge of honor that I was "honored" in such tradition. It's archaic and a way for insecure males to emasculate themselves upon other insecure males. It's one of the lessons I learned while pledging.

I don't understand this immense amount of "Southern" pride that this person speaks of. In Louisiana we have no such thing and I might go so far as to say that the entire South lacks individualism outside of accent, food, and manners. We say "ma'am and sir", talk somewhat funny to those not uses to it, and use different seasonings (depending on the region/state), but in no way, shape, or form are mature, modern, sophisticated Southerners still using the noun/adjective "yankee" in a derogatory sense.

Who cares which region you dwell or were born in. We're all, for the most part, typical in our senses. What I do take offense in is the lack of capitalization when it comes to proper nouns. That's truly irksome. However, the ignorance of the Southerners statements far supersedes his properly grammatical sentences.

As a matter of fact, I wear cargo shorts. Several of my friends wear cargo shorts. Several of my friends also wear jean shorts (not the cut-off variety). It's the style. You have to be comfortable and light-weight down here. Who cares what shorts you wear? Girls wear shorts so short that the pockets are exposes and I don't see anybody calling them out on their fashion faux-pas.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is nothing objectionable about cargo shorts. shame on anyone who says otherwise.

but jean shorts.....well that's another story.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

i just learned that a Geed stands for God Damn Independent (gdi) referring to someone not in a fraternity. hm interesting.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:28 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had a pair of cargo shorts I would wear them. I don't know what is in fashion. I wear what I do.

Also what's so bad about jean shorts?

I think that most frat people just act like douches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jorts are horrible and cargo shorts aren't much better.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. As a former Gamma Delta Iota, I could have helped to clarify.
First, There is nothing wrong with cargo shorts unless they are the excessively long ones. Then you are treading dangerous ground.
Secondly, I didn't detect sarcasm in the article, but perceived more of a rant.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like cargo shorts. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahaha

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what I just read for the most part. But I am supremely annoyed.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't usually wear shorts, but when I do, they have pockets everywhere.

Also, aaaaaaaanybody know what the hell a "geed" is?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kinda bothered too. Cargo shorts are out of style unless you're in high school. If you're an adult, dress like an adult.

Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'nam!

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"geed" is a really dumb way to say GDI. And GDI is a way to refer to some one not in a fraternity. It stands for God Damn Independent. People say it at my school but I don't think its really that insulting to people who aren't greek. I have several friends who aren't in a fraternity and they call themselves GDI's

Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh...I wear them. Depends on the situation if you're talking style.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what the hell shorts do you people wear? i thought shorts were divided into cargo shorts, and those ridiculous basketball style shorts that might as well be loose-fitting capris.
Khaki shorts maybe?

Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

khaki shorts and boat shoes if you're a trust fund baby. or in a frat. usually both.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wear jeans and only jeans. Khaki's when I have to be somewhere "formal".

I think I own 1 pair of cargo shorts.

Also, just an aside, **** frat boys. 90% are idiots and the other 10% are constantly drunk because they have to deal with the idiots.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wear jeans and only jeans. Khaki's when I have to be somewhere "formal".

I think I own 1 pair of cargo shorts.

Also, just an aside, **** frat boys. 90% are idiots and the other 10% are constantly drunk because they have to deal with the idiots.
That's a pretty stereotypical observation.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not all stereotypes are false.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jorts should be illegal unless you're John Cena, but Cargo shorts are perfectly acceptable.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

i think the only people i've ever seen wear these were the trust fund kids in dc. huh. TIL.
Sometimes...you say these things njx...*tears start to swell alongside the music*...they just hurt so bad...*music crashes down into silence*...

Khaki shorts are stupidly comfortable. It's part of why I love Nordstrom Rack, get ridiculous comfort pretty ******* cheap for how comfortable and long lasting some of the **** is.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Jorts should be illegal unless you're John Cena, but Cargo shorts are perfectly acceptable.
John Cena should be illegal.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i go to school in NC and lived there the past 5 years or so... cargo shorts are just not allowed for whatever reason. i think they look kind of goofy, but the only thing i find unacceptable is jorts or jargo shorts. but honestly this state is so packed with fraggots who take their frat life way too seriously
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't wear them but I don't see anything wrong with them. I pretty much only wear basketball shorts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote