Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-01-2011, 03:57 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Why not just wear flat front shorts. They come in every style, fabric, color, length, and you don't look like a homeless person in them. Trust me, a girl would rather date a guy that gets his clothes from J Crew than some guy that either still wears cargo shorts (and is not 15) or some guy who wears some trendy **** with a dragon on it.
Personally, if a girl doesn't want to date me because I wear cargo shorts, she is a shallow breezy, but if that's the kind of girls you like, power to you.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:23 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
They actually are great for hiking. My buddies usually wear basketball shorts or something, but because of that they have to carry small backpacks. I've got pockets for my phone, camera, 20oz bottle, snack, and wallet and/or car keys if I forgot to leave them in the car/drove.
Doesn't that **** get bulky? I hate having stuff in my pockets, i couldn't possibly imagine carrying around ******* food and beverages in my shorts.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
Doesn't that **** get bulky? I hate having stuff in my pockets, i couldn't possibly imagine carrying around ******* food and beverages in my shorts.
It can, but I use my arms a lot when climbing. I'd rather have a little bulk in my pants (yeeeeeaaahhhhh) than something on my back that probably moves around and gets annoying as I climb.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
You cant just bring any food you want into a movie theater! You gotta smuggle food in like a good drug mule. Theaters make too much money on food to let us bring in things.
So are you saying you smuggle food in by wrapping it in a condom then concealing it in your ass?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It can, but I use my arms a lot when climbing. I'd rather have a little bulk in my pants (yeeeeeaaahhhhh) than something on my back that probably moves around and gets annoying as I climb.
I wish you had a little more bulk in your pants too.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
When hiking I love to load up the lower pockets, leave just like my cigarettes and lighter in my upper pockets. The lower pockets don't really impede my mobility much at all and because I sweet like a teenage drug mule in a TSA check point, I hate wearing backpacks. I don't carry food around but cigs, keys, water bottle, with a pocket for my socks or shirt if they get wet. Another pocket for other smokeables and you're set for a really nice half day hike.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cargo shorts are a pretty grave fashion sin to be honest, but I don't understand why other people would care so much.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
So are you saying you smuggle food in by wrapping it in a condom then concealing it in your ass?
When popcorn is $8, I'm getting my burritos in there somehow. The tinfoil should keep it clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Making that popcorn with extra butter should help things.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Why not just wear flat front shorts. They come in every style, fabric, color, length, and you don't look like a homeless person in them. Trust me, a girl would rather date a guy that gets his clothes from J Crew than some guy that either still wears cargo shorts (and is not 15) or some guy who wears some trendy **** with a dragon on it.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
gotta get a better backpack. i sweat like crazy, but ever since i got my expedition pack, it's not an issue. then again, who carries *anything* for a half day hike (aside from like, wallet, smokes, whatever)?
Stoners who don't have room in their pockets...

If we're going on a longer hike I'm taking my back pack, although it is nice to walk around once you've set up camp with your **** on you.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Stoners who don't have room in their pockets...
I was going to say this exact thing.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

So while having a million pockets may or may not be practical, cargo shorts look fine as well. I still refuse to see what is so ugly about them. If you are a lower or middle class guy, I dunno if you would feel comfortable wearing flat fronts. I personally don't like those because I am not a Country Club member. Flat fronts are definitely an upper class pair of shorts, and most people who wear them are spoon-fed rich white kids.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
So while having a million pockets may or may not be practical, cargo shorts look fine as well. I still refuse to see what is so ugly about them. If you are a lower or middle class guy, I dunno if you would feel comfortable wearing flat fronts. I personally don't like those because I am not a Country Club member. Flat fronts are definitely an upper class pair of shorts, and most people who wear them are spoon-fed rich white kids.
Not really. They're just shorts with the appropriate amount of pockets for everyday life.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol this is ridiculous. Who really cares about cargo shorts? You either wear them or you don't. Who the **** is anyone to call them a fashion nightmare.

This is a ******* fashion police failure.

I have cargo shorts... I have khakis... I have straight-front shorts. I wear whichever whenever I feel like. I won't wear jorts though I think those things are hideous (but you see just an opinion, I could not give a damn if my friend wears them).

I really want to know what girl will not go out with you because you wear cargo shorts. They do not exist lol. If a guy is good-looking he can wear ripped sweat and look like a bum, but women would still be attracted to him though probably at a lesser extent than if he was well-kept.

Source: This is coming from a guy who has evolved from a guido, and instead has joined the ranks of the casual Ralp Lauren style of dress.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
gotta get a better backpack. i sweat like crazy, but ever since i got my expedition pack, it's not an issue. then again, who carries *anything* for a half day hike (aside from like, wallet, smokes, whatever)?
What kind of expedition backpack do you have? I'm gonna have to invest in one soon and I've been looking around.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What kind of expedition backpack do you have? I'm gonna have to invest in one soon and I've been looking around.
The Hipster backpack.

SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Not really. They're just shorts with the appropriate amount of pockets for everyday life.
Pockets are offensive?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I think you just answered your own question - they're ugly because they make you look like you belong to the lower class. Think about it - if you're a woman, are you going to be attracted to someone who looks wealthy and successful, or someone who wears the same clothes they did when they were 16?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I think you just answered your own question - they're ugly because they make you look like you belong to the lower class. Think about it - if you're a woman, are you going to be attracted to someone who looks wealthy and successful, or someone who wears the same clothes they did when they were 16?
I think the entire conversation assumes that we are talking about wearing shorts when shorts are socially acceptable.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Pockets are offensive?
No, I never said or implied that. I have cargo shorts. I was simply saying that flat front shorts are shorts with the as many pockets as the majority of people in everyday life actually use, which is why that's what I generally wear. I don't need the extra pockets, so I don't buy shorts with them. Although yes the upper class wears them, I don't see why they should be considered 'upper class'.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people still wear cargo shorts here in California. We basically have to because of the hot weather but I don't think they are *** at all.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I think the entire conversation assumes that we are talking about wearing shorts when shorts are socially acceptable.
Seriously. I know it gets hot but if you've gotta be someplace slightly dressed up then you shouldn't be wearing shorts and you should break out some nice summer pants. Personally I love wearing pants in the summer because I've got a few really good pairs of light and breezy summer slacks.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-02-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No, I never said or implied that. I have cargo shorts. I was simply saying that flat front shorts are shorts with the as many pockets as the majority of people in everyday life actually use, which is why that's what I generally wear. I don't need the extra pockets, so I don't buy shorts with them. Although yes the upper class wears them, I don't see why they should be considered 'upper class'.
Really? How much stuff do you keep in your pockets? I've usually got my phone, cigs, lighter, key, wallet and a thing of nasal spray, I have sinus issues at the very least. Sometimes you do some other things, then there's odds n ends like hair ties, a water bottle, screw driver, etc. The basic 4 pockets are kinda not ideal for me as I have stuff in all but one rear pocket, I hate putting anything in those pockets other than my wallet. I do where a lot of slacks and don't wear cargo pants anymore unless I'm going to be working outside, but it's not because they have the ideal set of pockets.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-02-2011, 04:37 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
just an rei brand pinnacle. the amount of **** i had to lug up kilimanjaro meant that i couldn't really use one of the vented day pack style packs, but this fit my back well enough to keep some solid airflow once we were out of the rainforest.

i liked ones similar to this for a standard camping trip (hike in/out), since i could easily fit a summer bag into it, with whatever else i needed, but the bigger style (like this) is what i need for winter/cold weather, since the 0-degree bag is *really* bulky (comparatively).

really though, you need to go and get fitted at a store. there's so much variation. i had to try on like, 15 before i found one that fit right on my hips and wouldn't have annihilated my shoulders by the second day.
$75? Hot damn.

Yeah, I've tried on about a half dozen. One fit incredibly well, but cost upwards of $200+, so that was out of the question. We're planning a hiking/camping/fishing trip to one of the lake areas of SW Virginia. Definitely not Kilimanjaro, but the more we can carry, the better. You really went up Mt. Kilimanjaro?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.