Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All Breakout Team

While it's still slow around here, I thought we should bust out this thread again. It's always a fun one to go and look back on later. Post who you think will be the "breakout" player at each position. Everyone has their own definition of what "breakout" means but that's fine - explanations/reasoning is always encouraged. Defensively, it's probably easier if you do a 3-4 and a 4-3 front seven but it's totally up to you.

Two rules

*No Rookies

*You may only select one player max. from your favorite team. Otherwise it just turns into a huge homer fest of everyone trying to hype "their guys".
Old 07-06-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB-Matthew Stafford
RB-Tiki Barber :/
WR-Michael Crabtree
TE-Jared Cook

DT-Geno Atkins
DE-Robert Ayers

MLB-Daryl washington
OLB-Brian Cushing ( i think he becomes elite *barf*)

CB-Stanford Routt
S-Jarius Byrd (rebounds from his crappy year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Dez Bryant to cement his position as starter opposite of Miles Austin and when it does, his breakout will really begin. I don't think folks can realistically expect him to bust out from Week 1. I say Week 7 or 8 will start it up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Matthew Stafford
RB- Mike Goodson
WR- Earl Bennett
TE- Jimmy Graham

DE- Cliff Avril
DT- Tyson Alualu
LB- Sean Lee
CB-Sean Smith
S- Troy Nolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LIMAS SWEED

few players i think will breakout would be matt stafford, cj spiller, golden tate, terrence cody, greg hardy, reggie bush (someone other than NO), joe haden, and ryan matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Sam Bradford, Rams
HB - LeGarrette Blount, Buccaneers
HB - Montario Hardesty, Browns
WR - Dez Bryant, Cowboys
WR - Jordan Shipley, Bengals
TE - Jermaine Gresham, Bengals
TE - Jimmy Graham, Saints
OT - Anthony Davis, 49ers
OT - Russell Okung, Seahawks
OG - Jason Spitz, Packers
OG - Mike Iupati, 49ers
C - Antoine Caldwell, Texans

DE - Tyson Jackson, Chiefs
DT - Dan Williams, Cardinals
DT - Gerald McCoy, Buccaneers
DE - Robert Ayers, Broncos

LB - Larry English, Chargers
LB - Rolando McClain, Raiders
LB - Sean Lee, Cowboys
LB - Sean Weatherspoon, Falcons

CB - Alterraun Verner, Titans
CB - Sam Shields, Packers
S - Malcolm Jenkins, Saints
S - Louis Delmas, Lions
Old 07-06-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best I could do. I tried avoiding as many 2nd year players as possible, bc it's easier to predict guys who break out in their 2nd year. So I tried to mix it up a bit.

QB: Mark Sanchez

RB: LaGarrette Blount
FB: Jon Connor

TE: Jimmy Graham
LT: Brandon Albert
LG: Mike Iupati
C: Adam Koets
RG: ?
RT: Sebastian Volmer

WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Jordy Nelson

Pass rusher: Brian Orakpo
DT: Glenn Dorsey
DT: Geno Atkins
Pass rusher: Chris Long

LB: Sean Weatherspoon
LB: Daryl Washington

CB: Alphonso Smith
CB: Kyle Wilson
S: Patrick Chung
S: William Moore
Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Stafford/Matt Flynn
RB- Hardesty
WR- Nicks/Crabtree
TE- Graham
OL- 49er's entire line

DE- Ayers/Chris Long
DT- Alualu
LB- Weatherspoon/Washington
CB- Kyle Wilson/Sam Shields
S- Taylor Mays

EDIT: **** nearly my entire list has already been said :/

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
DE - Tyson Jackson, Chiefs

"Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!"
Old 07-06-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright here is mine:

Offense

QB: Matt Stafford, Lions- healthy with those weapons on offense

RB: CJ Spiller, Bills- Too much speed/ Buffalo will feed him the ball to get some excitement for an incredibly dull team.
RB: Beanie Wells, Cardinals- Pretty much just a random hunch. Hopefully the Ryan Williams selection lights a fire under his ass. Too much talent to waste.
WR: Percy Harvin, Vikings- Looks like Migraines are gone plus Rice is probably on the out, he'll be a pro bowl player.
WR2: Denario Alexander, Rams- His role is up in the air with his injury history and the influx of new receivers, but the skills are there if he can remain healthy.
TE: Tony Moeaki, Chiefs- Like his skills. He went under the radar a bit last year, but I think more people will watch the Chiefs this year and he'll get more pub.

LT: Eugene Monroe, Jags- has had a tough time in pass pro at times, but he is a fantastic run blocker (FO has Jags high in adjusted line yard metrics and they run heavy to the left) I think he'll improve as a pass blocker, and he'll become a good pro.
LG: Mike Iupati, 49ers- Decent rookie season, I look for him to make the jump in year 2.
C: JD Walton, Broncos- Liked him as a prospect, he had a rough first year but I think he'll get better
RG: Ted Larson, Bucs- Joseph is likely gone, and he played well last year despite joining the Bucs after training camp. A full camp and an opportunity to start should help him emerge.
RT: Vlad Ducasse, Jets- Mammoth of a player, saw him at UMass. Should be a good one with Woody gone.

Defense

DE: Carlos Dunlap, Bengals: Was good last season, I look for him to take the next step. Needs consistent effort and to improve in the run game
DT: Evander Hood, Steelers: Finally played well down the playoff stretch last year. With Smith's status up in the air he'll get significant playing time.
DT: Gerald McCoy, Bucs- Pre-draft he was debated as being as good as Suh. We've seen that it's not the case, but he still has a great first step, and that future D line of Bowers, Price, McCoy, and Clayborn looks amazing.
DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants- Has all the skills in the world. I didn't think he would be any good, but he changed my mind last year.

LB: Brian Orakpo, Redskins- Great player, enters the Ware, Matthews, Harrison discussion after this year.
LB: Pat Angerer, Colts- Very Quietly had a great rookie season. Needs to improve in pass coverage, but he brings what the Colts desperately need which is a hard nosed game.
LB: Manny Lawson, future 4-3 team- I think he doesn't fit a 3-4 defense perfectly, but his coverage skills and speed could make him an asset for a 4-3 defense.

CB: Kyle Wilson, Jets- Cromartie is probably gone, loved him out of college. A year under Ryan and Revis had to have done him some good.
S: Taylor Mays, 49ers- I think he'll surprise some people as a full time starter in 2011
S: Pat Chung, Patriots- FINALLY I can get to my homer pick. He was the best player on the Patriots defense in the middle of the season before he suffered an injury. Flies around the field like a madman, and hits like a ton of bricks. By the end of the year he will be with the Quentin Mikell's and Nick Collins of the World.
CB: Sam Shields, Packers- Speed, Speed, and more Speed. Played incredibly well his rookie season and should see even more playing time next year. His upside is huge.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

"Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!"
Glenn Dorsey and Brandon Albert ftw?

I have a feeling Dorsey really gets more comfortable in his role under Crennel this year, we saw flashes last year.

And I figure by now Albert should be comfortable too.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ooooh, I forgot about Jamar Chaney. He's going to break out for the Eagles.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few off the top of my head. Will add more later.

QB - Chad Henne
The only other real choices are Stafford and Bradford, and those are both pretty boring picks. For whatever reason, I still have faith that Henne can be a capable starting QB in the league. He got a lot of blame last year, but was in an absolutely terrible situation. Terrible interior o-line, terrible running backs, possession wide receivers (when he needs to be stretching the field). Hopefully a re-tooled ground game can make this guy respectable.

RB - Keiland Williams
I think Roy Helu would have ran away with the starting job if this was a traditional offseason, but I think Williams will end up being the opening day starter. Washington figures to run the ball a lot next year, which will equal big numbers for whoever wins the top spot.
Other notables: Javon Ringer, Rashad Jennings, Bernard Scott

WR - Jeremy Maclin
Some would call last season (70/964/10) a breakout season for him, but I think he'll garner serious top 10 discussion after this year. He runs superb routes, knows where to find open spots against zone coverage, and his size doesn't hinder him in the redzone.
Other notables: Jerome Simpson, Jacoby Ford, Mike Thomas

TE - Jimmy Graham
Probably the easiest choice on this list. Former basketball player turned tight end (sound familiar) whose play down the stretch caused the Saints to release Jeremy Shockey this offseason. He's big, athletic, and plays in a pass-centric offense with an elite QB who has historically loved throwing to his tight end.
Darkhorse: Aarob Hernkowski
Tom Brady rightfully got a ton of credit for the Patriots' ridiculously efficient offense last year. Not enough of that credit, however, went to Aaron Hernandez and Rob Grownkowski - who the Patriots re-designed their offense around (on the fly, by the way) after the Moss trade. These two give the Pats a tremendous amount of flexibility, allowing them to run multiple formations with base personnel.

OT - Eugene Monroe
Hasn't developed quite as quickly as expected, although he's been very solid so far. I expect him to take the next step and vault himself into the Elite/Franchise LT ranks. He's one of the league's best run blockers at tackle, but has concentration lapses at times against top pass rushers. All he needs is a little more consistency.
Other notables: Duane Brown

DE - Derrick Morgan/Brandon Graham/JPP
Toss up because I loved all three of these guys in the draft. This one will really come down to who playing receives more playing time. I think all of them will be studs going forward, though.
Other notables: Carlos Dunlap, Cliff Avril

Last edited by SativaDominant : 07-06-2011 at 04:58 PM.
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Glenn Dorsey and Brandon Albert ftw?

I have a feeling Dorsey really gets more comfortable in his role under Crennel this year, we saw flashes last year.

And I figure by now Albert should be comfortable too.
I'm a big Dorsey fan and laugh at people that call him a bust or Chiefs fans that want to trade him.

As for Albert he has pretty much been solid from day one nothing special but solid.

I'm not sure if he will ever turn out to be a pro bowl LT but he is a guy that you feel ok with in that role.

Tyson Jackson on the other hand has done nothing to prove he should be any where near this list.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably add a few more names as I continue to think about it.

QB Matt Stafford, Lions - If he can stay healthy, I think he plays like a top 10 QB in the league this year.

Other Consideration: Sam Bradford, Rams (could put up huge #'s in McD's offense)

RB Jonathan Stewart, Panthers - He's cracked 1k yards before so maybe he's already broken out. But with DeAngelo gone and Cam Newton at QB, if that O-Line can stay healthy I think is in for J-Stew a huge year.

Other Considerations: Shonn Greene, Jets/Montario Hardesty, Browns

WR Dez Bryant, Cowboys - Unorignial pick but I've said for a while that it's only a matter of time before Dez is an elite WR in this league. I think that starts in 2011.

Other Considerations: Jacoby Ford, Raiders/Mike Thomas, Jags

TE Jimmy Graham, Saints - This is an easy one for me. The sky is the limit for Jimmy and he flashed some of that potential last year. He's now the only threat at TE for one of the most explosive passing offenses in the league.

Other Consideration: Tony Moekai, Chiefs

OT Vlad Ducasse, Jets - Got injured last year and didn't play much if at all. But he's back healthy and should be able to compete to take over that RT spot. He's a perfect fit for that offense and word is he's really started to develop physically.

Other Consideration: Eugene Monroe, Jags (probably would of gone with him if he didn't have the Great Gabbertini playing QB behind (outside) of him)

G Jon Asamoah, Chiefs - He's a guy I loved coming into the draft. Didn't see a whole lot of action last year and will have to compete for time this year but I think he's every bit as good as someone like Mike Pouncey. Could end up being the teams best O-Lineman in the fairly near future.

C Jamal Jackson, Eagles - He's been an underrated player for years. This could be the year where he finally starts getting some recognition and should be aided by the addition of Danny Watkins.

34 DE Jared Odrick, Dolphins - I really think he can be a big time 5-tech for the Dolphins. He flashed some ability very early in the season before getting injured.

Other Consideration: Adam Carriker, Redskins

34 NT Paul Soliai, Dolphins - This guy was a beast last year but fell under the radar. He was tagged this off season and should be playing for a new contract. I could see him being an elite NT in 2011.

Other Consideration: Terrance "Prop Joe" Cody, Ravens

34 OLB O'Brien Schofield, Cardinals - He missed almost all of last season recovering from the knee he injured pre-draft. All indications are that he'll take over for Joey Porter. OScho was a dominant player in college and is a perfect fit in Arizona's defense.

43 DE Chris Long, Rams - Really came on strong late last year. I expect double digit sacks from Long this season.

OC: Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants/Brandon Graham, Eagles

43 DT Gerald McCoy, Bucs - Pretty easy one. He'll be back healthy, lighter and more athletic. More importantly, he'll be able to lock in at the 3-tech spot opposed to being moved around everywhere from nose to DE.

OC: Geno Atkins, Bengals/Lamarr Houston, Raiders

LB Sean Weatherspoon - Should develop into one of the better WLB in the league.

OC: Desmond Bishop, Packers

CB Brandon Carr, Chiefs - Carr has silenty been a very solid player opposite of Flowers. As that young secondary continues to grow, I think we see Carr emerge as someone who really comes into his own.

OC: Josh Wilson, Ravens/Alterraun Verner, Titans

S Malcolm Jenkins - Seemed to have found his home at FS. Had some impressive performances last year. Should only get better and should thrive in a defense that will allow him to create turnovers.

OC: Tom Zbikowski, Ravens

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Tyson Jackson on the other hand has done nothing to prove he should be any where near this list.
Suck it! I'm going out on a limb. I coulda went with Dunlap but he looks like a dike so I didn't.

Wanna fight about it?!?!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call on Malcolm Jenkins and Mt. Cody, Tackle. They're both gonna be studs sooner rather than later.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Suck it! I'm going out on a limb. I coulda went with Dunlap but he looks like a dike so I didn't.

Wanna fight about it?!?!
I want nothing more then to be proving wrong. I would gladly eat crow.

And I could never fight a fellow Psych-O.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
S: Pat Chung, Patriots- FINALLY I can get to my homer pick. He was the best player on the Patriots defense in the middle of the season before he suffered an injury.
"The New England Patriots?" -Devin McCourty

edit: I think McCourty and Chung will get recognition as "breakout players". Both played significant minutes last season and could have a second consecutive season of pro-bowl worthy play.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

Would you guys consider Jonathan Stewart a viable candidate or was 2009 his breakout season (221/1133/10)?
Old 07-06-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaDominant View Post
Would you guys consider Jonathan Stewart a viable candidate or was 2009 his breakout season (221/1133/10)?
I definitely debated this and would totally understand if someone would already consider him to have broken out. But I put him on my list based on my expectations for him this year which are very high.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I definitely debated this and would totally understand if someone would already consider him to have broken out. But I put him on my list based on my expectations for him this year which are very high.
I'm with you, especially because DeAngelo was still the primary ball carrier and Stewart only started in 3 games. If Williams walks in free agency, I think Stewart will wreck **** in a big way.

Shonn Greene's another guy I don't want to give up on. He's a volume runner who requires touches in the fourth, after the defense has been pounded on. Should be interesting to see how they divvy up the carries in New York this year.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Brian Robiskie
Thad Gibson
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense

QB - Alex Smith - San Francisco 49ers
RB - Shonn Greene - New York Jets
RB - Montario Hardesty - Cleveland Browns
WR - Jerome Simpson - Cincinnati Bengals
WR - Brandon Tate - New England Patriots
TE - Jimmy Graham - New Orleans Saints
OT - Russell Okung - Seatttle Seahawks
OG - John Jerry - Miami Dolphins - (Mike Iupati - San Francisco 49ers if No-Homer)
C - Antoine Caldwell - Houston Texans
OG - Eric Wood - Buffalo Bills
OT - Sebastian Vollmer - New England Patriots (Anthony Davis - San Francisco 49ers if No-Homer)

Defense

4-3 Personnel

DE - Lamarr Houston - Oakland Raiders
DT - Terrance Knighton - Jacksonville Jaguars
DT - Geno Atkins - Cincinnati Bengals
DE - Cliff Avril - Detroit Lions

OLB - TBD
MLB - Rolando McClain - Oakland Raiders
OLB - Sean Weatherspoon - Atlanta Falcons

3-4 Personnel

DE - Evander Hood - Pittsburgh Steelers
NT - Dan Williams - Arizona Cardinals - (Terrance Cody - Baltimore Ravens)
DE - Ron Brace - New England Patriots

OLB - Arthur Moats - Buffalo Bills
ILB - Brandon Spikes - New England Patriots - (Sean Lee- Dallas Cowboys)
ILB - Desmond Bishop - Green Bay Packers - (NaVorro Bowman - San Francisco 49ers if No-Homer)
OLB - Conner Barwin - Houston Texans

CB - Sean Smith - Miami Dolphins
CB - Alteraun Verner - Tennessee Titans
S - T.J. Ward - Cleveland Browns
S - Malcolm Jenkins - New Orleans Saints
Old 07-06-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
We're not talking about bones when we say "breakout".