Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Are you the Ultimate Football Genius? (contest)

A little contest a friend of the site is running that I will be involved with (and believe Scott will be too). Basically, Jared Feree is trying to determine who out there is the Ultimate Football Genius and you are invited. It will take some time, but it proves who loves football and knows their stuff.

The Ultimate Football Genius is a comprehensive (upwards of 70-80 categories) spreadsheet giving each participant 5 attempts to predict a statistical leader before the season starts. For example, Which QB will have the most Passing Yards in 2011? You get 5 guesses, and will get points based on your guess. 5 Points for your 1st guess being correct, 4 points if your 2nd guess is correct, 3 points if your 3rd guess is correct, etc.

Last season we had 85 categories ranging from Longest TD catch by a RB to Coach of the Year. We have both individual player predictions, division winners, SB winner, Post-Season awards, and Team Predictions all included, and this year, we are featuring a Bonus Round in the style of a Confidence Pool for extra points. We did have over 40+ entry requests last season, but only 9 people sent back completed forms.

They will be going out July 15th (but you can request them before or after that date) with a full rules and scoring synaposis, but I would love for the Draftcountdown.com family to be included in the madness. If you are interested, you can email Jared directly at wyfshow@gmail.com.

Give him your name and that I sent you. He'll send you the excel spreadsheet on July 15th or so.

Let me know any questions you have!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 07-07-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does it need to be turned in? Preaseason if there is one? Or start of season?

If it not's needed ASAP, then I'd be interested. Just wandering as choices could be narrowed down once rosters are started to get cut down.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe it will be due right before the season starts. At least shoot him an e-mail and get the form, you can choose to fill it out or not.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent him an e-mail with my Pay-Pal account number so he can send me my winnings.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I sent him an e-mail with my Pay-Pal account number so he can send me my winnings.
He is a Nigerian Prince...

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that scam again.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent an email, sounds like fun!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent in my E-mail. Sounds like it will be fun and it will allow me to follow the stats even closer.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent, this sounds interesting.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cool, hope a few SWDC guys join in and do it. It is extensive, but fun if you want it!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:11 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to do it, but I'd like to know what the season will look like before I invest any time thinking about who is going to win.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Which is what you can do, it won't be due until the season starts.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Which is what you can do, it won't be due until the season starts.
Whenever that is. :D
Old 07-13-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The e-mails go out tomorrow (15th). Anyone else want to sign-up? You can sign up from now through the start of the season as well. Won't be due until August 31st.

Also found out there will be some rookie questions on it.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 07-14-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Entries have been mailed out, but people can still enter.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just an FYI for whoever got one to start filling it out! Due date is coming up pretty soon (August 31st)!

Those of you who haven't entered, you still can, see the instructions in the first post and e-mail Jared

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Did anyone else actually fill this out? Only a few days left!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sending an e-mail now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Sending an e-mail now.
It's due August 31st, and it is huge, so be ready to take some time to get it done when you get it back, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also I am extending the deadline for entries until WED, Sept. 7th at midnight EST. Please be sure to have it filled out and returned by then. All entries received after the deadline will be deleted. If you have any questions, email me directly at this address. Thanks for your interest and Good Luck!
- Jared Ferree

Old 08-28-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
- Jared Ferree
Niiiice, good to know :)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got the email. I know what I'm doing at work tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Deadline is Wednesday! Reply if you entered. would love to have a guy on here win it!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Will get mine in by Wednesday. It's a lot for sure but definitely will be cool to look back on.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yup. If you send it in, post here, I'll confirm and rep anyone who does.

Likewise, if you win, you get to go on the show and gloat.

Follow Me on Twitter!