Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-17-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Similar happened to me with some ***** lady. Was at the services desk using a computer to help find a product for a customer at another store(we dont carry it), and this woman walks up and begins asking me questions. I turned to her and told her it would be just a moment. She made a noise and crossed her arms. I finished up with my one customer and turned to her. She made a pissed off noise and then began to complain but finally asked her question about an air condition unit. I told her that we don't carry Central Air units in our store and she yelled "Thats not what I asked" She then asked again "Where can I find the section with the Central Air Units?" Once again I replied "We do not carry them in the store but..." "THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED!"

"mam, we do not carry them in the store but you can call this number XXX-XXX-XXXX and you can order through them"

One more time she screamed "thats not what I asked" and stormed out.
Sometimes if I get those kind of responses, I try to make the person look like a dumbass. In your case I probably would have said something along the lines of:

"Miss, if we don't have Central Air units in our store, how can I direct you to a section with them?"

And then watch them try and put 2 and 2 together and see what their response is. Really, it's like pulling up a front row seat to see a magician perform an amazing trick.

Oh and another good thing to do is when someone is complaining about God knows what, and it really is irrelevant to the service and they go off on a tirade about the company and how they don't like the service or how it doesn't appeal to them, you can simply respond by saying:

"Are you finished?" Love that one.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-17-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm starting to really hate my job. I work at a local pizza place where we hand-make pizza and other food. Today, my boss told me to stop actually thinking about what I'm doing, to stop making my pizzas look so nice, and micromanaged the hell out of everything else, all while putting me with a girl who was assigned to work the oven, despite having little experience with it, and girl who is supposedly trained but is slow/doesn't know what she's doing/messes things up.
I found out today that this girl quit because of that night. Apparently, she started crying after I left, and the other girl was getting emotional as well.

*le sigh*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're on a sinking ship sir. It's time to loot all the pizza dough and pepperonis you can and bounce out that *****. Oh, and don't forget the Parmesan.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these stories are oh so familiar. I had a customer complain to me about a chip on a lamp she wanted to buy... and then she said I should be more vigilant of my department
It was already on the damaged goods shelf.
-_-

I swear I never knew people could be so stupid until I saw it first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get a job soon enough to keep me busy before going back to school in the Winter/Spring season. But god, I am so done with retail and factory work. Cant stand either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after working 35 hours last week, I came out to a total of making $280 in tips plus I will have a significant ammount more on the next paycheck than I usually do. But now I get to work 18 hours this week which is a lot more manageable.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
While working with crazy people in retail and sales jobs does suck, most contractors here will agree with me that having a bad client sucks even worse.
I assume that is similar to dealing with idiot parents.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I need to get a job soon enough to keep me busy before going back to school in the Winter/Spring season. But god, I am so done with retail and factory work. Cant stand either.

I wish there was an option outside of those two or food service for a college student. Last day of factory work tomorrow and can't ******* wait to be done. Decent money but it is ******* hell.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so...a few years ago, we were shopping for cribs for our soon-to-be-born baby. We went everywhere looking for a specific wood finish to match the room. the only place we had success was wal-mart. but, the floor model was out of stock. so, they ordered it for us.

we get the call that it's in-store and all we have to do is go to the service area. So, I do...and, I was wearing a royal blue polo shirt at the time. I go back there, and nobody is behind the desk. So, I lean against the desk and wait.

So, as I'm standing all alone by the customer service desk, this dude storms up to me and starts screaming "i've been waiting by the damn grills for 30 minutes and nobody has helped me!!!" I thought he was just complaining, customer to customer. So, I looked at him, nodded my head and said "well, that sucks" and continued to lazily lean against the desk.

The dude just stared at me for a minute, then stormed off. I immediately realized that he thought he was complaining to a manager. i found it hilarious. the manager that eventually helped me did not find it as funny.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put my two weeks in today. I'm finally done with this job. In the meantime I'm going to continue working on my portfolio and finish up my last five classes then I'll have my BFA. I might try applying to a gallery for another part time gig. But never retail again.

- No more asshole customers.
- No more picking up after people.
- No more missing weekends.
- No more missing holidays.
- No more pretending to be happy all day.
- No more being on my feet for 8+ hours.
- No more stupid membership quotas.
- No more inconsistent scheduling.
- And best of all, no more dirt pay.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a mover blows for this reason at times. So many scumbag customers who try to get out of paying and crap like that. Tons of complains too.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sadly, I'm a college graduate in my career-field and I still do every single one of those things sans the quotas.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL yeah, right.
It's hard to get a job right now. Count your blessings.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Sadly, I'm a college graduate in my career-field and I still do every single one of those things sans the quotas.
Try not graduating in retail
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Try not graduating in retail
If those duties are only retail duties, in your eyes, get your eyes checked.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I put my two weeks in today. I'm finally done with this job. In the meantime I'm going to continue working on my portfolio and finish up my last five classes then I'll have my BFA. I might try applying to a gallery for another part time gig. But never retail again.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't change just because you change industry.

You lose a couple of them but you gain new ones that are just as bad. For instance I still have...

- asshole clients
- picking up after moron co-workers
- pretend to be happy all day (this is any job...)
- Dirt pay

Off your list... and instead of the others we get...

- Stupid deadlines
- Dealing with government agencies (you think customers are bad!)
- Sitting on my ass for 10 hours a day
- Having to wear business attire at all times.

On a positive, I don't work weekends or holidays... but if I ever did have to, I wouldn't get overtime for it...

Not to be the reality check or anything... but it just doesn't get better, you'll realise that no matter what you do there are horrible parts of the job and if you are lucky there are more positives than negatives...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't change just because you change industry.

You lose a couple of them but you gain new ones that are just as bad. For instance I still have...

- asshole clients
- Dirt pay

- Stupid deadlines

On a positive, I don't work weekends or holidays... but if I ever did have to, I wouldn't get overtime for it...

Not to be the reality check or anything... but it just doesn't get better, you'll realise that no matter what you do there are horrible parts of the job and if you are lucky there are more positives than negatives...
This, this a million times this. Except my clients are violent and/or mental-health teenagers... and I work weekends... and holidays... and hardly ever get overtime... for dirt pay.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This, this a million times this. Except my clients are violent and/or mental-health teenagers... and I work weekends... and holidays... and hardly ever get overtime... for dirt pay.
Yeah... that would really suck! I just get the dirt pay and my clients are just about all assholes that are complete tight asses.

I've told work if they ever want me to work overtime/weekends they are paying me overtime, so far they haven't bothered asking :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget to add the student loan payments to your already dirt pay.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Don't forget to add the student loan payments to your already dirt pay.
Precisely. The troubled kids I counsel can earn a free college education while I defer my loan payments and put off my gas bill to pay rent.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

- asshole clients
- Dirt pay

- Stupid deadlines

Well what is your job?

I think it depends what you do. I've had this job the entire time I've been in college and I'm about to graduate. I'm planning to go into concept art, social game design, or sequential storyboarding. I know a lot of people that have graduated from my school and other places in various industries in the direction I want to head in, and trust me, from what I've seen, been told, and heard from folks I know personally the grass is a lot greener (at least it would be for me)...especially when it's something you enjoy doing. My wife just graduated a few months ago and found a social game designer job a couple of weeks ago. She's happy. Her initial offer is pretty nice as well, especially for bay area standards.

I don't enjoy anything about retail. There is zero self-gratification in that field for me. I wouldn't mind working on weekends that much if I was doing something I enjoy. I'll take my chances sitting in an office drawing all day or working in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Flash doing something I'm good at, don't mind, something I can take pride in, and something that probably pays more...instead of having to listen to bitchy customers that believe they're so much higher on the social pyramid, and basically do grunt works that pays ****.

Obviously there are parts to any job that you might not enjoy, but it's a totally different story when you don't enjoy anything about one job in addition to getting paid nothing and enjoy the majority of aspects with another job and getting paid something.

And I've offended anyone that takes pride working in the retail/customer service industry I'm sorry. Just personally, I think it's God-awful. Even if you get to a management type of position and climb the ladder.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-19-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

I'm an accountant, so not the most thrilling job, but you'll find it matters little what you do, every job has the elements to it that will **** you or make you hate it.

Be it a boss (they get worse the more "serious" your job), the clients (again they get worse the more you are expected to know and they expect from you), the hours (you don't get overtime once you have a salary), the deadlines (you'll love these in those industries).

If you find a job you genuinely like, then credit to you because that is basically the dream. The reality is that generally all jobs are equally **** because there is always something you'd rather be doing (like not working), you always want more money and it's really a case of if the warts of each job are better than another or if the perks outweigh it...

For instance, I loved working in the pub I worked at, it was actually a fun job, but I'd rather the **** pay I'm on now than the even shittier pay I was on there! That job was more fun but the things my current job allows me to do such as travel make it win... That said, I will be looking for a new job that pays significantly better as soon as I get the additional qualifications I'm working on because **** pay is still **** pay :)

Ultimately it's about finding balance, for the most part how much you get paid is the biggest question, you have to have a truly special job to turn down more money!

Best of luck to you in whatever you get into though :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I'm an accountant, so not the most thrilling job, but you'll find it matters little what you do, every job has the elements to it that will **** you or make you hate it.
I don't really agree with this. There are lots of people on this planet that love their jobs...to the point that it isn't even work for them (I even met some of these people in retail which I couldn't even fathom how that was possible). I'm sure there may be aspects about their job that aren't always thrilling, but there are folks out there where they enjoy 90% of what they do. Hating your job isn't inevitable...if that is what you are getting at since you said "every" job. A lot of jobs are going to be different too.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-19-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
ya I've been trying to find a non soul crushing job cus a degree in graphic design is obviously getting me no where, might just go back to ASU for a business or CIS degree but then I'm pretty much stuck in one of those fields :/

**** the free world

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't really agree with this. There are lots of people on this planet that love their jobs...to the point that it isn't even work for them (I even met some of these people in retail which I couldn't even fathom how that was possible). I'm sure there may be aspects about their job that aren't always thrilling, but there are folks out there where they enjoy 90% of what they do. Hating your job isn't inevitable...if that is what you are getting at since you said "every" job. A lot of jobs are going to be different too.
I don't actually mean the whole job, there are times where you will hate your job pretty much no matter what you do.

If you are lucky enough to have a job where 90% of it is great, then you are genuinely one of the lucky ones and it will also depend greatly on what you prioritise in regards to your job. For instance for me having money is an important thing so as long as I'm only earning smaller amounts that will be a significant part of my job that I "hate". If you don't like having to deal with people, which it sounds like, then any job with customer interaction is going to grind you.

Basically if you find a job that pays you well, is fun, has good co-workers, has good customers (or none) then you should just cling to it. Personally I have a job with great co-workers, good bosses and good opportunities, which trumps that I get paid poorly, the work is rather mundane and rarely challenging and that the majority of our clients are complete muppets so for now I enjoy my job, as the co-workers change and I gain further accreditations I will obviously have more reasons to look elsewhere. There are parts of my job that I dislike and hate, there are parts that I like and nearly all jobs are like that.

Heck, I could be playing NFL and I can tell you I'd hate the training side of things right now.

As someone who has done retail in the past, unfortunately most of the parts you hate are going to pop up pretty much everywhere, there aren't very many successful businesses that don't have customers/clients and they don't get any better because you change from retail to something else and unfortunately if you want to be paid well then you will have to deal with them!

I only have one friend who I'd say genuinely loves his job and he has to work a second job to supplement it because he doesn't earn enough (he hates that part of it). The type of person you are and where your priorities are in life will often dictate whether you love or hate a job. For instance when I worked in the pub I loved how laid back it was but eventually I had to go somewhere I'd have to work harder if I wanted more money! If money isn't important that is going to make a job a lot easier to love :)

The worst part is the more it pays generally the worse the job is on every other front :(

Props to BK on the sig!