Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little bit worried about how much Welker will produce in 2012. I have him in a league with 0.5 points per reception, but adding Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney should cut into his production a bit. New England may also be trying to wean Brady off of Welker to some extent because this may be his last year with the team; another 100-120 reception season from Welker would also drive up his market value and make it less likely that the Patriots will be able to re-sign him.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm a little bit worried about how much Welker will produce in 2012. I have him in a league with 0.5 points per reception, but adding Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney should cut into his production a bit. New England may also be trying to wean Brady off of Welker to some extent because this may be his last year with the team; another 100-120 reception season from Welker would also drive up his market value and make it less likely that the Patriots will be able to re-sign him.
Thinking too politically for me, when it comes down to it on Sundays, Welker gives them a better shot to win than Gaffney and Lloyd. Plus the familiarity between Brady and Welker is too much to ignore for me.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really play fantasy at all, but I did with some of my friends this year since I am going abroad. Anyways, any opinions on my team?

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Beanie Wells
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Aaron Hernandez
W/R: Brandon Lloyd
W/R/T: Eric Decker
K: Dan Carpenter
D/ST: Houston

BN: Pierre Garcon
BN: Jared Cook
BN: Stevan Ridley
BN: Ben Tate
BN: Joe Flacco
BN: Detroit

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I don't really play fantasy at all, but I did with some of my friends this year since I am going abroad. Anyways, any opinions on my team?

Looks solid to me. Garcon can play in place of Wallace if necessary, and may be a very good WR to have this year.

Unless you have high scoring for DST or roster requirements for QB / DST, go ahead and drop Flacco and Detroit D. There has to be better options on the wire for RB/WR/TE that have much higher value. Ryan Williams would be good, if he's there. Dropping Cook can't really hurt, either. I don't recall seeing him do much in games so far and there's no news/notes that I've seen on him suggesting he's worth the roster spot right now.

Brees won't come out of your starting lineup until week 6, at which point the QB pool will be vastly different and much more clear.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

WR is deep which is nice because of the format but I would have went a little heavier on RB. Tate is a great player to have on the bench considering roster size but you might be in trouble with the injury history with Mcfadden and the lack of job security of Beanie Wells.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
WR is deep which is nice because of the format but I would have went a little heavier on RB. Tate is a great player to have on the bench considering roster size but you might be in trouble with the injury history with Mcfadden and the lack of job security of Beanie Wells.
Good point. Adding Goodson would be a better use of the roster spots currently held by Flacco/Cook/Lions.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah RB is somewhat of a worry for me. I am not that concerned with McFadden, but I am somewhat concerned with Beanie Wells. Currently I am dropping the Lions D for Ryan Williams.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How soon do you guys feel comfortable taking Peyton Hillis? I wouldn't mind taking him in the 6th or 7th round but I have a feeling he could go earlier than that.

Also, does Alex Green have any value? I remember some people raving about him before the injury, and I saw that the packers signed Cedric Benson so I'm sure he'll get most of the carries, at least to start the season. Not really sure where Green stands as far as the depth chart goes.

Just trying to think of "decent" 4th/5th RB options....

1. Ryan Williams
2. Mike Goodson
3. Evan Royster
4. Alex Green
5. Jacquizz Rodgers
6. Toby Gerhart
7. David Wilson
8. CJ Spiller
9. Rahard Jennings
10. Kendall Hunter

Who are the 2 or 3 you like the best?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
How soon do you guys feel comfortable taking Peyton Hillis? I wouldn't mind taking him in the 6th or 7th round but I have a feeling he could go earlier than that.

Also, does Alex Green have any value? I remember some people raving about him before the injury, and I saw that the packers signed Cedric Benson so I'm sure he'll get most of the carries, at least to start the season. Not really sure where Green stands as far as the depth chart goes.

Just trying to think of "decent" 4th/5th RB options....

1. Ryan Williams
2. Mike Goodson
3. Evan Royster
4. Alex Green
5. Jacquizz Rodgers
6. Toby Gerhart
7. David Wilson
8. CJ Spiller
9. Rahard Jennings
10. Kendall Hunter

Who are the 2 or 3 you like the best?
Alex Green had value pre-Benson but he can be ignored on draft day right now. Might be a guy to look out for as the season progressses. Scout team material, fantasy wise. He'll be a 3rd down back, he can catch so I guess he has more value in a PPR.

1. Rashad Jennings - until MJD gets with the team, he's the #1 guy to have off the list.
2. Ryan Williams - I expect an even split of carries.
3. CJ Spiller - Will see time at WR.
4. Evan Royster - Gut is telling me not to trust Helu. Heard he was getting 1st team carries, too.
5. Toby Gerhart - Minn should play it safer with AD.
6. Mike Goodson - McFadden's injury history is all you need to know.
7. Jaquizz Rodgers
8. David Wilson
9. Kendall Hunter
10. Alex Green

Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will be drafting for a 12 team league with .5 PPR and 6 points for passing TD's on Saturday. Right now I'm pick 11, we're allowed to trade draft positions. The guy at 4 is open to moving his pick, if I can should I flip with him? My thought process is that QB's in this league are huge, so at 4 I could get one of Foster, Ray Ray, Shady, and Rodgers or maybe even Brady. I'm slightly worried at 11 I'll miss on all the top QB's and I'd like to get one if I can.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - DeMarco Murray
RB - Willis Mcgahee
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
TE - Coby Fleener
Flex - Doug Martin
Defense - Bengals
K - Mike Nugent

BN - Reggie Wayne
BN - Andrew Luck
BN - Peyton Hillis
BN - Ryan Williams
BN - Mike Goodson
BN - Titus Young
BN - Kellen Winslow

12-teamer, yay or nay?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Will be drafting for a 12 team league with .5 PPR and 6 points for passing TD's on Saturday. Right now I'm pick 11, we're allowed to trade draft positions. The guy at 4 is open to moving his pick, if I can should I flip with him? My thought process is that QB's in this league are huge, so at 4 I could get one of Foster, Ray Ray, Shady, and Rodgers or maybe even Brady. I'm slightly worried at 11 I'll miss on all the top QB's and I'd like to get one if I can.
I did two 12 team mocks using your ideology here. One picking 4th and the other 11th. Here's how they turned out.

Picking 4th:
1. Tom Brady
2. DeMarco Murray
3. AJ Green
4. Ahmad Bradshaw
5. Marques Colston
6. Jermichael Finley
7. Michael Bush

Picking 11th:
1. Matthew Stafford
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Darren Sproles
4. Michael Turner
5. Percy Harvin
6. Antonio Brown
7. Donald Brown

I'd say stand pat at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - DeMarco Murray
RB - Willis Mcgahee
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
TE - Coby Fleener
Flex - Doug Martin
Defense - Bengals
K - Mike Nugent

BN - Reggie Wayne
BN - Andrew Luck
BN - Peyton Hillis
BN - Ryan Williams
BN - Mike Goodson
BN - Titus Young
BN - Kellen Winslow

12-teamer, yay or nay?
Definitely a yay from me. Great QB strategy, RB are good I like McGahee a bit more than most this year, you know what you have at WR, TE could improve. Bench is good, a lot of stock in the Colts O.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did two 12 team mocks using your ideology here. One picking 4th and the other 11th. Here's how they turned out.

Picking 4th:
1. Tom Brady
2. DeMarco Murray
3. AJ Green
4. Ahmad Bradshaw
5. Marques Colston
6. Jermichael Finley
7. Michael Bush

Picking 11th:
1. Matthew Stafford
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Darren Sproles
4. Michael Turner
5. Percy Harvin
6. Antonio Brown
7. Donald Brown

I'd say stand pat at 11.

Definitely a yay from me. Great QB strategy, RB are good I like McGahee a bit more than most this year, you know what you have at WR, TE could improve. Bench is good, a lot of stock in the Colts O.
Thanks. Hoping I can land Stafford at 11, think that's probably my best case scenario unless Brady or Brees somehow slips to me. I got Brees in the late second last year.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Thanks. Hoping I can land Stafford at 11, think that's probably my best case scenario unless Brady or Brees somehow slips to me. I got Brees in the late second last year.
If I'm in your league, and everyone else should be thinking this, I'm taking any and all of the top 4 QBs in the first. I'm not even thinking RB, only the 4 QBs and Calvin.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to start joining random leagues until I actually get Julio Jones on my team. Around where has he been going in your drafts?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I need to start joining random leagues until I actually get Julio Jones on my team. Around where has he been going in your drafts?
Around 25.

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Greg Jennings
Wes Welker

After them is typically where he's picked.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
If I'm in your league, and everyone else should be thinking this, I'm taking any and all of the top 4 QBs in the first. I'm not even thinking RB, only the 4 QBs and Calvin.
Yeah, luckily the guys in this league don't know too much about football so I'm hoping I can land one of the 4. Couldn't believe I got Brees where I did last year. Might consider Cam if they're all gone but I'd rather not. They also tend to believe in the Madden curse which means there's a chance I land Calvin at 11, although I'd imagine my buddy at 9 would snap him up. Would be awesome though.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, luckily the guys in this league don't know too much about football so I'm hoping I can land one of the 4. Couldn't believe I got Brees where I did last year. Might consider Cam if they're all gone but I'd rather not. They also tend to believe in the Madden curse which means there's a chance I land Calvin at 11, although I'd imagine my buddy at 9 would snap him up. Would be awesome though.
I think I like Eli at a lower price than Cam in this format.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 team PPR league

QB- Cam Newton
RB- Arian Foster
RB- Steven Jackson
WR- Roddy White
WR- Victor Cruz
TE- Jason Witten
Flex- Michael Turner
K- Garrett Hartley
Defense- Falcons
Bench- Tony Romo
Bench- DeAngelo Williams
Bench- Stevan Ridley
Bench- Jeremy Maclin
Bench- Pierre Garcon
Bench- Kenny Britt
Bench- Tony Gonzalez

Thoughts? I really hate 8 team leagues.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

You may end up with two top 8 QBs. I'd try to flip Romo for a better back up option at RB, in case something happens to one of your three studs. I don't know how to critique an 8 teamer.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You may end up with two top 8 QBs. I'd try to flip Romo for a better back up option at RB, in case something happens to one of your three studs. I don't know how to critique an 8 teamer.
I know, every team is stacked so I never even know how to feel about my own team. A lot of the time these leagues come down to whose studs get hurt and whose stay healthy. I wanted another good QB just in case Newton takes a step back with the talk about him getting less goal line calls, but I might look into trying to flip Romo for someone like Marshawn Lynch.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 league team. Standard scoring and is a money league:

QB: Tony Romo/Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Jamal Charles/BGE/Rashad Jennings/J-Stew
WR: Fitz/Andre Johnson/Eric Decker/Denarius Moore/Kenny Britt
TE: Jimmy Graham/Jermaine Gresham/Kyle Rudolph
DEF: Atlanta
K: Robbie Gould
Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

waited too long on RB imo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Try to deal Jimmy Graham for a better RB. You don't need 3 TE's and Gresham is a decent enough starter.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
waited too long on RB imo
Yeah I think I did as well. I picked last and just went straight on value.