Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it works. If I'm dangling anything for a RB, its AJ. Romo, Fitz, and Graham will carry you. Charles and AJ are ?'s. BGE is undervalued, imo. Solid, not flashy.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Jennings looking as beastly as he does, I think I could get by. But yes, a RB addition is high on my list.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can get a better D than Atlanta in a 10 team league. What D/ST's are on the waiver wire?
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
You can get a better D than Atlanta in a 10 team league. What D/ST's are on the waiver wire?
Bills, Cards, Patriots, etc. A lot of them went pretty earlier than I expected. I picked on in the last round and got the best available.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ I'd definitely add the Bills. If you're using espn.com, Kenny Britt is IR eligible, so you wouldn't even have to drop anyone.

14 Team PPR

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB/WR: Trent Richardson
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Eric Decker
TE: JerMichael Finley
D/ST: Chiefs
K: Matt Prater

Bench
Andy Dalton
CJ Spiller
David Wilson
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Brian Quick
Redskins
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
^ I'd definitely add the Bills. If you're using espn.com, Kenny Britt is IR eligible, so you wouldn't even have to drop anyone.

14 Team PPR

Bench
Andy Dalton
CJ Spiller
David Wilson
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Brian Quick
Redskins
I can dig it, but I don't get having a backup defense.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a limit of 2 QBs, 5 RBs and 5 WRs per team. So the last roster spot was for a backup defense, kicker, or tight end. A back up kicker is completely unnecessary, obviously, so it came down to Heath Miller, Mercedes Lewis, or the Redskins defense. I would probably never play those two over Finley so I went with the defense. I think the Chiefs have potential to be a good fantasy defense, but they're no sure thing, and neither are the Redskins. Between the two I'm hoping one of them works out. Plus I can play the better matchup each week. Also, the defense is weighted more heavily in this league than most. The highest projection is the Ravens with 304 points, while the lowest is the Colts with 45 points, and the middle of the pack is at about 175.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's a limit of 2 QBs, 5 RBs and 5 WRs per team. So the last roster spot was for a backup defense, kicker, or tight end. A back up kicker is completely unnecessary, obviously, so it came down to Heath Miller, Mercedes Lewis, or the Redskins defense. I would probably never play those two over Finley so I went with the defense. I think the Chiefs have potential to be a good fantasy defense, but they're no sure thing, and neither are the Redskins. Between the two I'm hoping one of them works out. Plus I can play the better matchup each week. Also, the defense is weighted more heavily in this league than most. The highest projection is the Ravens with 304 points, while the lowest is the Colts with 45 points, and the middle of the pack is at about 175.
I'd say the Chiefs are a sure thing now. Especially with Berry back and Crennel as the HC. Having back-ups is just in case they get injured, and so you don't have to scour through the waiver wire during Finley's bye. There'll always be a D on waivers, but there might not always be a quality TE.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

14 Team PPR

Bench
Andy Dalton
CJ Spiller
David Wilson
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Brian Quick
Redskins
Glad you went with the Chiefs for D/ST. I think a lot of fantasy players are sleeping on them for D/ST when they could be one of, if not the best Ds in the league this season.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
I'd say the Chiefs are a sure thing now. Especially with Berry back and Crennel as the HC. Having back-ups is just in case they get injured, and so you don't have to scour through the waiver wire during Finley's bye. There'll always be a D on waivers, but there might not always be a quality TE.
Not in this league. Every team but one is carrying two defenses. The only unclaimed D/STs are the Panthers, Vikings, Buccaneers, Saints, and Colts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Glad you went with the Chiefs for D/ST. I think a lot of fantasy players are sleeping on them for D/ST when they could be one of, if not the best Ds in the league this season.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking/hoping. I wasn't in a hurry to grab a defense because I was banking on getting the Chiefs late, and I did - as the 16th defense taken.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back up Tight ends, kickers and defenses are really not needed. instead of wasting a pick on those positions I would take a sleeper running back or Receiver. Or if you have questionable Quarterbacks (like i've seen one guy take Vick and Roethlisberger) taking a 3rd QB wouldn't be a bad idea, someone with upside like a Sam Bradford or Matt Flynn.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my first fantasy league ever and I just so happen to get the first pick. How'd I do?

12 Team PPR

OverDwayneBowe

STARTERS
QB-Drew Brees
RB-Trent Richardson
RB-CJ Spiller
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Dwayne Bowe
Flex-Justin Blackmon
TE-Vernon Davis
K-Neil Rackers
Def-Steel Curtain

BENCH
WR-Malcolm Floyd
RB-Toby Gerhart
TE-Jermain Greshem
WR-Davon Bess
TE-Martellus Bennett
QB-Ryan Tannehill
WR-Mohammad Sanu
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Back up Tight ends, kickers and defenses are really not needed. instead of wasting a pick on those positions I would take a sleeper running back or Receiver. Or if you have questionable Quarterbacks (like i've seen one guy take Vick and Roethlisberger) taking a 3rd QB wouldn't be a bad idea, someone with upside like a Sam Bradford or Matt Flynn.
I would have if I could have.
Quote:
There's a limit of 2 QBs, 5 RBs and 5 WRs per team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So my first fantasy league ever and I just so happen to get the first pick. How'd I do?

12 Team PPR

OverDwayneBowe

STARTERS
QB-Drew Brees
RB-Trent Richardson
RB-CJ Spiller
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Dwayne Bowe
Flex-Justin Blackmon
TE-Vernon Davis
K-Neil Rackers
Def-Steel Curtain

BENCH
WR-Malcolm Floyd
RB-Toby Gerhart
TE-Jermain Greshem
WR-Davon Bess
TE-Martellus Bennett
QB-Ryan Tannehill
WR-Mohammad Sanu
You are severely lacking at RB. Both talent wise, and numbers wise. Drop Tannehill and pick up a high potential RB. You're going to start Brees every time, and it's not worth wasting a roster spot for 11 weeks to cover his bye. Don't need 3 TEs. I'd try to trade Gresham along with Blackmon for the best RB you can get.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

terrible, who did you waste the 1st pick on Brees?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when is Brees a waste?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 08-24-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Since when is Brees a waste?
Since you took him with the first pick.

The first pick has to be Foster or Rice. After those two I would go Rodgers, Brady, Brees (in that order) before any other RBs, but one of those two should always be the first pick.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You didn't take Ray Rice with your first pick, you probably took Drew Brees. With that, you fail.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else scared by Matt Forte's mileage and declining workload? He got 393 touches in 2007 at Tulane, and since then he's received 379, 315, 288, and 255 (plus he hurt his knee last season.) His touches have declined at an average rate of 31 per season, which would put him at 224 this season if he continues his pace. On the positive side, his yards per carry reached an all-time high last year, but that may have been caused by a relatively small sample size compared to previous years. Forte's contract is structured so that the Bears can release him after two seasons without having to eat a lot of money, which may indicate that they're expecting him to break down in the near future as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

Only an 8 league team, PPR:

Starters
QB: Matty Ice
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Matt Forte
WR: AJ Green
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Aaron Hernandez
Flex: Trent Richardson
D/ST: Kansas City Chiefs
K: Robbie Solid Gould

Bench:
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Steve Johnson
RB: Peyton Hillis
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Evan Royster

My thought with Andrew Luck is that if he does well, then it's good I nabbed him. If not, there are plenty of solid back up QBs on FA (such as Schaub, Dalton, Flynn/Wilson, ect to fill in for Matty Ice's bye).

My thought with Royster is that the weeks he started last year were great. He had over 100 yds rushing in each. Right now it's on the fringe, but it looks like he MIGHT be the starter. He was a late round flier for me. FA RBs include Isaac Redman, Rashard Mendenhall, Donald Brown, all of the Saints RBs.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I would have if I could have.

You are severely lacking at RB. Both talent wise, and numbers wise. Drop Tannehill and pick up a high potential RB. You're going to start Brees every time, and it's not worth wasting a roster spot for 11 weeks to cover his bye. Don't need 3 TEs. I'd try to trade Gresham along with Blackmon for the best RB you can get.
Thanks for the honest input I'll do that as fast as I can. Would Sproles be worth it? His catches along with return yards would be worth it no?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the honest input I'll do that as fast as I can. Would Sproles be worth it? His catches along with return yards would be worth it no?
Yeah, Sproles is a great RB to have in PPR leagues. You shouldn't get anything for return yards though.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think I like Eli at a lower price than Cam in this format.
Yeah I'm thinking I'll wait till the 3/4 or 5/6 range for my QB if I miss out on the top 4. Was talking to the guy who runs the league today and apparently it seems likely that the big RB's are going to go 1, 2, 3 and he's going to take Rodgers or Brady at 4, so I'm feeling better about landing one of the QB's at 11. Still easily could miss out, but it doesn't seem like people are going to prioritize them.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Sproles is a great RB to have in PPR leagues. You shouldn't get anything for return yards though.
For where he's going, he's one of the best ppr values. Everyone who drafts ppr could get away with having him as a number 1 but he's going when you should be drafting rb2/3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah I'm thinking I'll wait till the 3/4 or 5/6 range for my QB if I miss out on the top 4. Was talking to the guy who runs the league today and apparently it seems likely that the big RB's are going to go 1, 2, 3 and he's going to take Rodgers or Brady at 4, so I'm feeling better about landing one of the QB's at 11. Still easily could miss out, but it doesn't seem like people are going to prioritize them.
If the first QB is going at 4 then you should be able to get one of Brady, Stafford, Brees, or Calvin 7 picks later. If not, cry.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
For where he's going, he's one of the best ppr values. Everyone who drafts ppr could get away with having him as a number 1 but he's going when you should be drafting rb2/3.

If the first QB is going at 4 then you should be able to get one of Brady, Stafford, Brees, or Calvin 7 picks later. If not, cry.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thought process. I'm going to target Sproles too since this is a .5 PPR league and I don't think I'll end up going RB in the first couple rounds, and even if I do he's a great RB2.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Sproles is on the wire in a PPR league you should be able to win that league. A little help from DC never hurts, either. :)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote