Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't do it. I'm not a fan of looking at bye weeks at all, taking an inferior player because of bye week conflicts just seems silly to me. In fact having all of them out of the way in one week could be good in a way. I really doubt Lloyd repeats his numbers this year too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I'm doing a couple of $10 leagues with my friends, and we want to have prizes that will keep people active each week, even if they are in the lower portion of the standings. One's a 12 team league and one's an 8 team league. Widest margin of victory for a game throughout the season would get like $5 or something is an example of what I mean.

We are also considering giving back a portion of the buy in for keeping an active roster each week, so you'd get like $.25 back each week for doing this, the rest would go to the prize pool. Any other ideas of things we could do to keep it interesting for everyone?
1st player arrested
(best to word it as "first player in the news for run in with police" to avoid BS arguments about arrested vs. cited vs. ticketed, etc.)

Largest winning margin vs. the league champ
(this one forces everyone to pay attention to the whole season, as they won't know who gets this payout until the champ is determined)

Biggest blowout
(see above - won't know until regular season is done)

Best FA pickup
(undrafted player on a roster at season's end w/highest total points scored)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ended up flipping #1 for #3 in my league, here's the team I landed (12 teams, .5 PPR, 6 pts for passing TD's, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, D/ST, K):

QB: Drew Brees, Sam Bradford
RB: Ray Rice, Jahvid Best, Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, Ricky Williams
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant, Santana Moss, Nate Burleson, Antonio Brown
TE: Owen Daniels
D/ST: Atlanta
K: Neil Rackers

Thoughts? Know my WR depth is weak, for whatever reason they got snapped up early, but I'm pretty happy with the other spots despite some gambles and WR isn't too bad at the top either. Wanted an elite QB so I was very glad I got Brees, and wanted to cover my ass after taking Best so glad I got some other potentially decent options. My buddy also has no RB depth so we may be able to work something out there too.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 12 man league-

Josh Freeman/Kyle Orton
Arian Foster/Matt Forte/Tim Hightower/Javon Ringer/Jonathan Stewart
Mike Williams/Dez Bryant/Mike Sims-Walker/Kenny Britt
Rob Gronkowski/Jared Cook
Kicker-Robbie Gould
Defense-Chargers

how did I do? I think I tried to be a little to cute with this one instead of choosing proven players....Still think I ended up with a good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 man league. .5 PPR, 6pt QB TD.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Arian Foster

These guys were keepers. The following were picks.

WR: Wes Welker
WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
WR: Danny Amendola
TE: Jermichael Finley
WR/TE: Dallas Clark
DEF: NYG
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Bench: Mark Ingram, AJ Green, James Starks, Ben Tate, Eddie Royal, Greg Little.

Need a WR but hopefully can trade one of Ingram or Starks late season for a WR that was picked a few rounds before they were in this draft.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had my big draft today. My team does not "look" good. I traded my 2nd and 5th for a 3rd and 4th. Took Fitzgerald 9th overall. 12-team league. .5 ppr. Very tough and competitive.

I took a lot of risks because you have to take chances to win.

QB: Matt Stafford (9), Kevin Kolb (15)
RB: Mark Ingram (3b)
RB: DeAngelo Williams (4a)
WR: Larry Fitzgerald (1)
WR: Dez Bryant (3a)
WR: Percy Harvin (4b)
R/W: Joseph Addai (6)
TE: Jared Cook (12), Marcedes Lewis (14), Zach Miller (16)

Bench RBs: James Starks, Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty
Bench WRs: Michael Crabtree, Eric Decker

Again, my team doesn't "look" good but there are a lot of high upside guys whose names don't jump off the page like Peterson, Foster, etc.

Some notes (our league is very competitive and the owners are very good).

*Tim Hightower was taken in the 4th round - I was going to take him one pick later (thinking it would be a huge shock) but was stunned someone else did and had to settle for Harvin.

*QBs like Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, and Eli Manning went 12th-14th rounds (smart, experienced 1-QB league owners).

*Someone traded up to 3.03 to snag Felix Jones before I could get him. My plan was to get Felix and either DeAngelo or Ingram with my 4 picks in the 3rd-4th. I ended up getting the latter two instead.

*I had no idea who to take at #9. I could not decide between MJD, Mendy, Gore, and Greene, so went with Fitzgerald (figuring I'd get 3 RBs with my next 3 picks).

Some interesting picks:

Michael Vick at 2.11
Beanie Wells at 3.06
Reggie Wayne at 4.07
Brandon Marshall at 5.04 (Fell way too far)
Jermichael Finley at 5.08 (I took Harvin over him... hmmm)
Austin Collie at 7.08 (stupidest drop in the draft - people took S. Moss, J. Jones and L Evans over him)

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
1st player arrested
(best to word it as "first player in the news for run in with police" to avoid BS arguments about arrested vs. cited vs. ticketed, etc.)

Largest winning margin vs. the league champ
(this one forces everyone to pay attention to the whole season, as they won't know who gets this payout until the champ is determined)

Biggest blowout
(see above - won't know until regular season is done)

Best FA pickup
(undrafted player on a roster at season's end w/highest total points scored)
Thanks, I may use those first three. Any other ideas from anyone?
Old 08-30-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At what point should Chris Johnson get taken? Id be scared to take him in the 1st and miss elite players, but if and when he comes back he'd be great to have.

These contract disputes usually work out, but Jackson threw that for a loop last year

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
At what point should Chris Johnson get taken? Id be scared to take him in the 1st and miss elite players, but if and when he comes back he'd be great to have.

These contract disputes usually work out, but Jackson threw that for a loop last year
I have the 4th pick tonight in my keeper league and plan on taking CJ4.24. I know that Arodgers is going first (packers homer) and that Roddy and Calvin are going in the 2/3 spots. Since its a keeper league I figure its worth a little risk early in the season. My other options would be Brees/Rivers/Gore/Forte.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
I have the 4th pick tonight in my keeper league and plan on taking CJ4.24. I know that Arodgers is going first (packers homer) and that Roddy and Calvin are going in the 2/3 spots. Since its a keeper league I figure its worth a little risk early in the season. My other options would be Brees/Rivers/Gore/Forte.
Man, if all those guys are available, who the hell got kept?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Man, if all those guys are available, who the hell got kept?
4 keepers allowed per team. You can only keep for 3 seasons. I had Chris Johnson the last 3 years so I couldnt keep him again. Same for Arodg, Rivers, Calvin, Roddy, and Forte I think.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 teams. Standard scoring. Had the 6th overall pick.

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Shady McCoy
RB- Darren McFadden
WR/RB- Shon Greene
WR- Mike Wallace
WR- Brandon Marshall
TE- Jermichael Finley
D/ST- Jets
K- Sebastian Janokowski

Bench

WR- Kenny Britt
TE- Jimmy Graham
RB- Reggie Bush
QB- Matt Stafford
RB- Thomas Jones
RB- Javon Ringer
WR- Steve Breaston
Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Finley and Graham interesting. Either Graham fell farther than he should have or you should have gone after better RB depth earlier. Your backup RBs definitely concern me for standard scoring. Starting lineup has promise though Shady might have been a reach at 6 in a non PPR.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the team. I think Wallace will be more consistent this year, McCoy and Mcfadden are good backs, Ryans gonna throw the ball a ton, and Finleys a great TE. A lot of potential on the bench as well, WR depth could be improved.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Definitely worth it in a keeper league. I don't think I can take him in the first in a non keeper league. Can't risk missing out on the best talents for someone that might not play.

If he hits my pick in the 2nd I'll definitely take him tho.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finley and Graham interesting. Either Graham fell farther than he should have or you should have gone after better RB depth earlier. Your backup RBs definitely concern me for standard scoring. Starting lineup has promise though Shady might have been a reach at 6 in a non PPR.

Graham was just a culmination of things really. Fell too far, he or Finley could be trade bait, Finley's health concerns, etc. The backs I liked were off the board too. I wish I had something more than Reggie at RB though. McFadden getting hurt kind of scares me. I had Hightower and Best on my radar but of course they both got snatched up a few picks before me.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sit or Start - non ppr standard scoring

Pick 1
Owen Daniels vs IND
Jimmy Graham @ GB

Pick 6(3 WR)
Jamaal Charles vs Buf
Hakeem Nicks @ Was
Greg Jennings vs NO
LeGarrette Blount vs Det
Jahvid Best @ TB
Mario Manningham @ Was
Mark Ingram @ GB
Jeremy Maclin @ STL
Jonathan Stewart @ AZ
Mike Tolbert vs Min

Last edited by fenikz : 08-30-2011 at 08:53 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Pick 1
Owen Daniels vs IND
Jimmy Graham @ GB

Pick 6(3 WR)
Jamaal Charles vs Buf
Hakeen Nicks @ Was
Greg Jennings vs NO
LeGarrete Blount vs Det

Jahvid Best @ TB
Mario Manningham @ Was
Mark Ingram @ GB
Jeremy Maclin @ STL
Jonathan Stewart @ AZ
Mike Tolbert vs Min
for the last of the six, i say maclin if he's 100%. otherwise i might roll with ingram
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A keeper league I run has two new owners this year. We are just doing one keeper, so they will essentially have the 1 and 2 picks while the keeper round happens, so I'm not sure what other picks to give them. The rest were determined from last years standings. Should I give them #1 and #2, which would give them essentially the first 4 picks? Or should I stick them at the end? Or in the middle? Not sure.

It also sucks because I have Vick, AP, and Jamaal Charles, but can only keep one. :(

.4 PPR, I think I'll keep AP.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for whoever drafted John Carlson. I picked up Zach Miller off the wire.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team auction league. Really unsexy but the boring guys just kept going for steals. We start 3 WR's.

QB- Drew Brees, Kyle Orton
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Felix Jones, Matt Tolbert, CJ Spiller
WR- Reggie Wayne, Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Braylon Edwards
K- Stephen Gostkowski
D- Giants

Last edited by yo123 : 08-31-2011 at 12:55 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WRs are real deep. Looks good.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Had my big draft today. My team does not "look" good. I traded my 2nd and 5th for a 3rd and 4th. Took Fitzgerald 9th overall. 12-team league. .5 ppr. Very tough and competitive.

I took a lot of risks because you have to take chances to win.

QB: Matt Stafford (9), Kevin Kolb (15)
RB: Mark Ingram (3b)
RB: DeAngelo Williams (4a)
WR: Larry Fitzgerald (1)
WR: Dez Bryant (3a)
WR: Percy Harvin (4b)
R/W: Joseph Addai (6)
TE: Jared Cook (12), Marcedes Lewis (14), Zach Miller (16)

Bench RBs: James Starks, Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty
Bench WRs: Michael Crabtree, Eric Decker

I agree. doesn't LOOK good. RBs are unproven/inconsistent...and not even a ton of upside. good group of TEs. probably trade bait early, but nobody spectacular.
WRs are a strength.
QB...I like Stafford. I think he'll have a good year. but, if he gets hurt, your season is over. i would've taken a more proven backup.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14 team league.
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 flex
1 TE
1 DEF
1 K

no PPR. no negative for int or turnovers. I picked 13th

QB-Matt Ryan/Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB-Darren McFadden/Mark Ingram/Joseph Addai/Kendal Hunter
WR-Roddy White/Mike Williams(TB)/AJ Green/Mike Williams(Sea)/Brandon Tate
TE-Rob Gronkowski/Chris Cooley
K-David Bueler/Mike Nugent
DEF-KC/TB

there are roster rules. all teams are required to have the number of spots for te corresponding positions. hence, 2 kickers and Ds.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Pick 1
Owen Daniels vs IND
Jimmy Graham @ GB

Pick 6(3 WR)
Jamaal Charles vs Buf
Hakeem Nicks @ Was
Greg Jennings vs NO
LeGarrette Blount vs Det
Jahvid Best @ TB
Mario Manningham @ Was

Mark Ingram @ GB
Jeremy Maclin @ STL
Jonathan Stewart @ AZ
Mike Tolbert vs Min
Houston @ Indy has the look of a statement game for the Texans. If Manning is out it could be ugly, too.

Otherwise, I'd be inclined to hold off on Maclin in week one since he's had no work thus far. There's bound to be some rust +/- stamina issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
A keeper league I run has two new owners this year. We are just doing one keeper, so they will essentially have the 1 and 2 picks while the keeper round happens, so I'm not sure what other picks to give them. The rest were determined from last years standings. Should I give them #1 and #2, which would give them essentially the first 4 picks? Or should I stick them at the end? Or in the middle? Not sure.

It also sucks because I have Vick, AP, and Jamaal Charles, but can only keep one. :(

.4 PPR, I think I'll keep AP.
Hmmm . . . are you adding two new teams, or are they taking over two existing teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I feel bad for whoever drafted John Carlson. I picked up Zach Miller off the wire.
Somebody drafted John Carlson?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote