Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Accepted the Fitz/leshoure for CJ trade.

Now thinking about offering Fitzgerald for Michael Bush. Might throw in Ryan Williams too.

Then my 4 RBs would be Bush, Trent, Mathews, Leshoure and my WRs would be Green, Torrey, Lafell, DHB, Titus, Olgretree.

What you think?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might see if I can do something like Wilson + Fitz for Britt, Martin and Tony G
Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Accepted the Fitz/leshoure for CJ trade.

Now thinking about offering Fitzgerald for Michael Bush. Might throw in Ryan Williams too.

Then my 4 RBs would be Bush, Trent, Mathews, Leshoure and my WRs would be Green, Torrey, Lafell, DHB, Titus, Olgretree.

What you think?
What's the Forte owner's team look like? If you can get Bush I'd be shopping him there if there's a big hole in that guy's lineup. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch Bush. He's the most overrated backup ever. Dwindling YPG after DMC went down and he couldn't beat out Justin Freakin' Fargas back in the day. On top of that, the latest news is that Forte does not have a high ankle sprain. I'm not sure I buy that, mind you, but it still has to be considered.

I'd rather have Fitz & Williams than Bush. Beanie is always on the brink of injury and I just don't see Fitz as a weekly dud.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but you know Bush is goin to get his carries and no one will take goalline carries away from him. Idk, what kind of back do you think I could get for Fitz? I think his value increases if Skelton gets back.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but you know Bush is goin to get his carries and no one will take goalline carries away from him. Idk, what kind of back do you think I could get for Fitz? I think his value increases if Skelton gets back.
I think you're right on his value being better with Skelton.

As for a RB for him . . . tough to say. Fitz is a major sell low right now. I think you are better off sitting on him and giving him a chance to bounce back. He has a tough matchup this week with the Eagles but 3 good matchups after that. Plus, if he bounces back strong and can manage to get back to his consistent ways, you'll have a much better starting WR trio with Fitz & Green as your 1 & 2.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Yeah but do u think I have a good enough RB core? And would you start Larry over Torrwy or Lafell next week?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Uh oh, thought of somethin....the guy who has Steven Jackson also has Aaron Hernandez. Hmm, Gresham and Fitz for Steven?

God this is taking over my life!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i need decker to go off tonight, like an 8 catch 2TDs and 100 yards effort. and i need roddy and ryan to completely **** the bed lol

will msot likely go 4-1 in money leagues this week, unless decker shows me why i drafted him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah but do u think I have a good enough RB core? And would you start Larry over Torrwy or Lafell next week?
I would. I don't love it, but I'd roll with Green / Fitz / Lafell and bench Torrey. Fitz has 16 targets (granted some of them are 10 yards over his head) vs. 13 for Lafell and only 8 for Torrey. In defense of Torrey, he has faced stellar CBs in his first two weeks. I won't say that's the case w/NE but we can't ignore the numbers, either. NE has been very good in the defensive backfield.

However, it does become a little tough in one regard: BB Gameplans. They always try to take away a team's #1 and #2 option. Obviously, that's Fitz. This week that will be Ray Rice and . . . IDK? Will it be Torrey, or will it perhaps be Pitta, who is soaking up targets like crazy from Flacco?

Lafell has too good a matchup to sit. Green is just an uber stud in the making and it top 5 in the league in targets. He never sits, obviously.

Fitz vs. the Eagles is a really terrible matchup. But that game could easily be a blowout that requires all sorts of passing. So . . . stud in truth or stud in the making? I'd say Fitz.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Uh oh, thought of somethin....the guy who has Steven Jackson also has Aaron Hernandez. Hmm, Gresham and Fitz for Steven?

God this is taking over my life!
I'd hold on that for a day or two. Jackson getting yanked after a personal foul seems odd. There's talk of it being discipline but then the news became a groin injury. If it is a groin injury that could be trouble down the stretch. Target him only if you know you can secure Richardson of the waiver wire.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Sorry, missed the RB core question. You have Trent, Mathews, Leshoure and . . . who?

Either way, I'd say wait on Fitz to get his value back before trying to move him.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I might see if I can do something like Wilson + Fitz for Britt, Martin and Tony G
Thoughts gents?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless you need a RB + TE, I wouldn't trade Fitz. The production is going to come. Don't trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Unless you need a RB + TE, I wouldn't trade Fitz. The production is going to come. Don't trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him.
My RB are Charles, SJax, LeShoure, R.Williams and D.Wilson. TE is Gresham.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, and CJ Spiller. I can only start two RBs and a RB/WR flex. Should I try to trade Spiller for a WR now or wait it out. I feel like I can easily make the playoffs with the team I have, so I'm in no hurry, but my WRs are terrible and it does me no good to have one of those guys riding the bench.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I have Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, and CJ Spiller. I can only start two RBs and a RB/WR flex. Should I try to trade Spiller for a WR now or wait it out. I feel like I can easily make the playoffs with the team I have, so I'm in no hurry, but my WRs are terrible and it does me no good to have one of those guys riding the bench.
Yeah see what you can get for Spiller. Might as well try and trade him while he is hot and worth a lot.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
My RB are Charles, SJax, LeShoure, R.Williams and D.Wilson. TE is Gresham.
I'd offer the trade then. Your RB corps is in shambles, and Gonzo is an upgrade. Wilson's going to have to earn PT now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If you need a WR, you should just trade him now. He's just going to be riding your bench, and his stock isn't going to be higher going forward.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

foster, peterson, richardson and spiller? jesus i couldnt put together a group of 4 i would want more right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah see what you can get for Spiller. Might as well try and trade him while he is hot and worth a lot.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, but during the draft everyone hated on the Spiller pick and I bet most of them are still skeptical, so I'm not sure I could get what I should. Also on the other side of that, I'm still not sure what receivers to trust. It seems like most guys have had one good week and one week where they didn't do a damn thing. Then there are guys like Fitzgerald and Welker who were high picks and haven't done anything either week.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys have Hillis might want to start him. Charles has a knee injury and may be limited and of course they're playing the Saints.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
You're crazy if you think the Bills are going to just put FJax bak into his starting role. No way he can average 10 YPC. This is Spillers team now.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In one of my leagues, 14 teamer with standard scoring, I have solid depth for the league at RB (McFadden, Sproles, McGahee, Alfred Morris) and I'm content with my starters at QB (RGIII) and WR (Julio, Nicks, Stevie). My one spot that I'm not particularly strong for the league at is TE where I have Martellus Bennett (though I have gotten good production out of him thus far).

My question is whether I should try to trade Morris or McGahee for Aaron Hernandez. With his injury and the fact that his owner is really weak at RB (started Donald Brown and Shonn Greene last week with DeAngelo Williams also) I think I might be able to get him on the cheap, start Bennett for a couple more weeks, and then have a big piece for the stretch run. I'm thinking it makes a lot of sense since I would still have a capable bye week RB, but it'd be good to get another opinion.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
You're crazy if you think the Bills are going to just put FJax bak into his starting role. No way he can average 10 YPC. This is Spillers team now.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that neither can Spiller if he starts getting over 15 carries in a game (or in general, because derp). Spiller has more value than Jackson in fantasy from any point forward, definitely, but there were still, oh, zero starting backs with a higher average than Jackson last season, and his numbers when he was getting as few carries as Spiller is were still over 7.6 ypc. He might not be as good right now as he was last year, but he will have his place.

I think there is overreaction on both sides. Jackson is still a team leader and is one of the best around in pass pro, as well as a damn good rusher/pass catcher. Spiller is just too good to take off the field and still has about another month until Jackson even starts to figure back in. Freddy is better when you let him eat, but those days are over. Both will play, maybe neither ends up as a fantasy MVP. I just hope that it benefits the team. Either way, I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to ditch Spiller.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that neither can Spiller if he starts getting over 15 carries in a game (or in general, because derp). Spiller has more value than Jackson in fantasy from any point forward, definitely, but there were still, oh, zero starting backs with a higher average than Jackson last season, and his numbers when he was getting as few carries as Spiller is were still over 7.6 ypc. He might not be as good right now as he was last year, but he will have his place.

I think there is overreaction on both sides. Jackson is still a team leader and is one of the best around in pass pro, as well as a damn good rusher/pass catcher. Spiller is just too good to take off the field and still has about another month until Jackson even starts to figure back in. Freddy is better when you let him eat, but those days are over. Both will play, maybe neither ends up as a fantasy MVP. I just hope that it benefits the team. Either way, I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to ditch Spiller.
I just don't want FJax getting my boys carries lol
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was offered Chris Johnson for Trent Richardson, my team is stacked outside of TE, not a fan of Chris Johnson at all but should I counter with

Trent Richardson
for
Chris Johnson & Antonio Gates?

10 team non PPR - QB RB RB WR WR TE W/R/T K D/sT
QB M Stafford
RB R Rice, M Lynch, T Richardson, D Martin, B Green-Ellis, W McGahee
WR R White, H Nicks, J Maclin, D Bryant, R Wayne, E Decker
TE J Cook
D/ST Falcons
K M Bryant