Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How injured is Gates?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap, I only needed one more point from TGon or Matt Bryant. So close.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
How injured is Gates?
He should be playing this week.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was about 3 points short with Julio playing and he didn't do a god damn thing. My other league I was down by about 20 going in with Bryant and Matty Ice n he had Turner but I ended up losing by like 6 points.

Have the most combined points in both leagues but am 1-1. For shame.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Yes, you should absolutely add Amendola. Blackmon is not going to be consistent enough to start, but I'd like to know what other players you have as options to drop, instead.
My WR's:

Victor Cruz
Dez
Wayne
Floyd
Blackmon

I feel I'm not really in a position to drop anyone else besides him.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
My WR's:

Victor Cruz
Dez
Wayne
Floyd
Blackmon

I'm about to drop him just for the hell of it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I might see if I can do something like Wilson + Fitz for Britt, Martin and Tony G
I thought you had that Tony deal done. Obviously he's a must add for you if you can. Getting Martin in the deal would be stellar. I'm just not sure Fitz's value is good enough this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I have Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, and CJ Spiller. I can only start two RBs and a RB/WR flex. Should I try to trade Spiller for a WR now or wait it out. I feel like I can easily make the playoffs with the team I have, so I'm in no hurry, but my WRs are terrible and it does me no good to have one of those guys riding the bench.
Definitely try for a WR if you're really hurting there. I wouldn't be too quick to sell Spiller, either. That's probably a good spot to use your league's trade block option and see what kind of offers you get for Trent & CJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
In one of my leagues, 14 teamer with standard scoring, I have solid depth for the league at RB (McFadden, Sproles, McGahee, Alfred Morris) and I'm content with my starters at QB (RGIII) and WR (Julio, Nicks, Stevie). My one spot that I'm not particularly strong for the league at is TE where I have Martellus Bennett (though I have gotten good production out of him thus far).

My question is whether I should try to trade Morris or McGahee for Aaron Hernandez. With his injury and the fact that his owner is really weak at RB (started Donald Brown and Shonn Greene last week with DeAngelo Williams also) I think I might be able to get him on the cheap, start Bennett for a couple more weeks, and then have a big piece for the stretch run. I'm thinking it makes a lot of sense since I would still have a capable bye week RB, but it'd be good to get another opinion.
I agree it makes sense but think it's too early in the season (and too early in the dissemination of info on Aaron's injury) to make that move. McFadden is unimpressive so far, Sproles was banged up in the preseason and Nicks is always hurting. Bennett is looking like a good option in that Giants offense. I'd stand pat. If Bennett disappears over the next week or two you could still move on Hernandez and might even have more info on him by then.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Was offered Chris Johnson for Trent Richardson, my team is stacked outside of TE, not a fan of Chris Johnson at all but should I counter with

Trent Richardson
for
Chris Johnson & Antonio Gates?

10 team non PPR - QB RB RB WR WR TE W/R/T K D/sT
QB M Stafford
RB R Rice, M Lynch, T Richardson, D Martin, B Green-Ellis, W McGahee
WR R White, H Nicks, J Maclin, D Bryant, R Wayne, E Decker
TE J Cook
D/ST Falcons
K M Bryant
It should definitely be more than straight up. I'd do it if Gates is dealing with something minor. One way or the other, you need to move one of those RBs to fill a starting lineup hole b/c that's an insane amount of startable RBs rotting on your bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
My WR's:

Victor Cruz
Dez
Wayne
Floyd
Blackmon

Definitely Blackmon out of that group. I was just asking in case you were holding backup QB / TE that could go instead.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm dropping Blackmon who should I pick up Hartline or Avery? I'm leaning towards Avery.

**** it in dropping Hill and picking up both

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought you had that Tony deal done. Obviously he's a must add for you if you can. Getting Martin in the deal would be stellar. I'm just not sure Fitz's value is good enough this week.
I didn't do the deal yet as I was trying to get it figured out. I will probably do it now though... Idk if I like giving up on Welk so soon though for the oft injured Britt but what can I do at this point I am 0-2
Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm dropping Blackmon who should I pick up Hartline or Avery? I'm leaning towards Avery.

**** it in dropping Hill and picking up both
Avery is more likely to have consistent scoring. Right up until Collie returns, anyway. I think Hill and Hartline run the carousel of wire add/drop. Personally, I'd stick with the higher upside and talent, which is Hill.

Quote:
I didn't do the deal yet as I was trying to get it figured out. I will probably do it now though... Idk if I like giving up on Welk so soon though for the oft injured Britt but what can I do at this point I am 0-2
Yes, it's definitely a sell low on Welker or Fitz right now. Have you made any offers? I think you mentioned the Tony owner had something in mind or already told you who he liked, but I'm not sure now.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, it's definitely a sell low on Welker or Fitz right now. Have you made any offers? I think you mentioned the Tony owner had something in mind or already told you who he liked, but I'm not sure now.
He offered the Britt/ Tony offer and I countered with what I posted earlier but I just re offered Britt and Gonzalez for Welk
Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start Sam Bradford vs Chicago or Schaub vs Denver.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
He offered the Britt/ Tony offer and I countered with what I posted earlier but I just re offered Britt and Gonzalez for Welk
What's your team and is it PPR?

You posted Britt / Martin / Gonzalez for Wilson / Fitz. Was that his offer? Welker is involved how? I'm confuzzled.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What's your team and is it PPR?

You posted Britt / Martin / Gonzalez for Wilson / Fitz. Was that his offer? Welker is involved how? I'm confuzzled.
No PPR and my team is:

QB: Cutler and Shaub
RB: SJax, Charles, LeShoure, R.Williams, D.Wilson
WR: Fitz, Welker, VJax, Lloyd
TE: Gresham

He originally offered Britt and Gonzalez for Welker. I countered Fitz and Wilson for Britt, Gonzalez and Martin but he turned it down so I went back to the first offer.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Start Sam Bradford vs Chicago or Schaub vs Denver.
It sure looks like St. Louis found a huge hole in that Skins D. I don't think that will be the case in Chicago and I'd be pretty wary of starting Bradford against what I expect to be a very pissed off Bears team. Schaub is not exciting, but he's the safer play this week.

I'd say the start should depend on your roster. Lots of boom/bust guys - Schaub. Lots of reliable guys with limited upside - Bradford.

Is that your starting QB core, or do you start multiple QBs?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
No PPR and my team is:

QB: Cutler and Shaub
RB: SJax, Charles, LeShoure, R.Williams, D.Wilson
WR: Fitz, Welker, VJax, Lloyd
TE: Gresham

He originally offered Britt and Gonzalez for Welker. I countered Fitz and Wilson for Britt, Gonzalez and Martin but he turned it down so I went back to the first offer.
Ok, that makes more sense. He'd be crazy to give up those 3 for Fitz and an RB in one of the worst doghouses ever. lol

I'd take that deal. It's a huge upgrade at TE, obviously. Britt is a risk but will still be a good WR3 start with top 10 potential. Pretty much the same as Welker, atm, so why not?

Fitz / VJax / Lloyd are a solid staring trio anyway. (assuming you start 3)

Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok, that makes more sense. He'd be crazy to give up those 3 for Fitz and an RB in one of the worst doghouses ever. lol

I'd take that deal. It's a huge upgrade at TE, obviously. Britt is a risk but will still be a good WR3 start with top 10 potential. Pretty much the same as Welker, atm, so why not?

Fitz / VJax / Lloyd are a solid staring trio anyway. (assuming you start 3)
2 and a Flex but yeah... I just need a flipping RB to step up.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It sure looks like St. Louis found a huge hole in that Skins D. I don't think that will be the case in Chicago and I'd be pretty wary of starting Bradford against what I expect to be a very pissed off Bears team. Schaub is not exciting, but he's the safer play this week.

I'd say the start should depend on your roster. Lots of boom/bust guys - Schaub. Lots of reliable guys with limited upside - Bradford.

Is that your starting QB core, or do you start multiple QBs?
Just starting 1 qb

Currently trying to work on a trade for Cam Newton, but QB's score so much in this league I'm in people want top players its ridiculous.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
2 and a Flex but yeah... I just need a flipping RB to step up.
I'd say you're getting a TE for free, to be honest. Britt = Welker in terms of current production, red flags, and upside. Strong play by your WR core could allow you to flip a WR + RB for a better RB.

Quote:
Just starting 1 qb

Currently trying to work on a trade for Cam Newton, but QB's score so much in this league I'm in people want top players its ridiculous.
I recall seeing a trade that you were considering. I don't remember if I posted but I don't think I hated it as much as others, based on your mention of high scoring QBs (and a commish in his own world, I think? lol)

Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd say you're getting a TE for free, to be honest. Britt = Welker in terms of current production, red flags, and upside. Strong play by your WR core could allow you to flip a WR + RB for a better RB.

I recall seeing a trade that you were considering. I don't remember if I posted but I don't think I hated it as much as others, based on your mention of high scoring QBs (and a commish in his own world, I think? lol)
haha yeah I was and the trade was

Ridley+Vjax for Fred jackson and cam newton

Quarterbacks average weekly score is between 40-50 a player like eli who had a 500 yard game scored 70 points.

First year in that league last year I was okay with it being that it was my firs year and apparently they've been doing this every year. And now that I'm in it for my 2nd year I'm beginning to hate this scoring and so is others. So next season I plan on running it or hopefully and get everyone to join my league.

I'm doing good in the league reguardless I'm 2-0, but the qb scoring is so dumb.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
haha yeah I was and the trade was

Ridley+Vjax for Fred jackson and cam newton

Quarterbacks average weekly score is between 40-50 a player like eli who had a 500 yard game scored 70 points.

First year in that league last year I was okay with it being that it was my firs year and apparently they've been doing this every year. And now that I'm in it for my 2nd year I'm beginning to hate this scoring and so is others. So next season I plan on running it or hopefully and get everyone to join my league.

I'm doing good in the league reguardless I'm 2-0, but the qb scoring is so dumb.
Something different is always fun, but if everyone else is scoring 12-20 and QBs are putting up 3x that, it's kind of dumb.

Anyway, given the scoring, that's not a bad deal. Schaub and Bradford are not likely to hit those huge numbers very much.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any reason to hold onto David Wilson?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really. He's going to have to earn PT now, and Brown fits the offense better.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 team, non ppr league

I was offered Lance Moore for Kyle Rudolph

qb: cam newton, alex smith
rb: demarco murray, darren sproles, peyton hillis
wr: jeremy maclin, marquis colston, torrey smith, brandon lafell, sydney rice, donnie avery, julian edelman, stephen hill
te: jermichael finley, greg olsen, kyle rudolph
d: nyj

I doubt I'll ever start rudolph over finley or even in the flex spot, but I really dont need another boom or bust depth receiver. I guess handcuffing colston in case of injury wouldn't be the worst idea tho

Last edited by TimD : 09-18-2012 at 12:36 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote